PDA

View Full Version : Can the ARKYSAWYERS beat the TIGERBAITS?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/14/2011, 03:08 PM
I srsly can't remember the last time I rooted for the Soooeees. It would be a Godsend for all of college football to knock the tigerbaits out of the NC game. They play on friday, nov. 25, on CBS. at 1:30PM Central time.

PIG! SOOOOEEEEE!!!

goingoneight
11/14/2011, 03:13 PM
No.

Because... if one thing is certain, only LSU is ever guaranteed to make it to the MNC when it's right down the road.

OUHOMER
11/14/2011, 03:54 PM
besides, I think it would confuse the polls and and the computers. If the piggys beat them, i think it would hurt us.

EatLeadCommie
11/14/2011, 03:56 PM
I think Arky is the KSU of the SEC-- vastly overrated. LSU will make them tigahbait.

sooneredaco
11/14/2011, 03:58 PM
I think Arky is the KSU of the SEC-- vastly overrated. LSU will make them tigahbait.

Vastly overrated would make them the Whornes or Lassies would it not?

11/14/2011, 04:05 PM
Whether OU makes it to the title game or not, it would be a SHAM to give LSU a home game for the title game. There oughta be a provision in the BCS rules for the venue to change if one of the participants is from the same state as the location of the title game.

BoulderSooner79
11/14/2011, 04:18 PM
If there is a powerful and just overseer of the universe, yes.

So, no.

BigTip
11/14/2011, 04:47 PM
Whether OU makes it to the title game or not, it would be a SHAM to give LSU a home game for the title game. There oughta be a provision in the BCS rules for the venue to change if one of the participants is from the same state as the location of the title game.

How many tickets are allocated to each team to sell?

Someone always mentions that Nahlins is a home game for LSU. But they still have to ride buses, they still have to go into a "visitor" locker room. And there will be lots of Sooner fans (let me dream damn it) there making noise.

How much of an advantage would it be? Would Vegas give LSU three additional points like they do for a home team? I don't think so.

11/14/2011, 05:24 PM
Someone always mentions that Nahlins is a home game for LSU. But they still have to ride buses, they still have to go into a "visitor" locker room. And there will be lots of Sooner fans (let me dream damn it) there making noise.

How much of an advantage would it be? Would Vegas give LSU three additional points like they do for a home team? I don't think so.Crawfish Nation vs the Intruders, worth 14 points, maybe.

cccasooner2
11/14/2011, 05:42 PM
Well voodoo worked for Boise, Clemson, and Stanford, no reason it shouldn't work against LSU. .......................Unless the grass eater is really the evil one.

11/14/2011, 06:09 PM
besides, I think it would confuse the polls and and the computers. If the piggys beat them, i think it would hurt us.IF we beat orange aggy, we're sittin' pretty! Betcha we would play either Arky, the Ducks or Bama in the NC game.

11/14/2011, 06:15 PM
This thread has received ONE STAR, fergoddsakes! IT'S A FOOTBALL THREAD. haha. Hey one-star-rater, are you a doggone LSU fan?

TheUnnamedSooner
11/14/2011, 06:45 PM
Both schools actually don't get very many alloted to the Sugar Bowl. Most of the tickets go to Saints season ticket holders, which are mostly LSU fans since it's so close. That is what makes it similar to a home game for LSU. When LSU makes it, even if the opposing team sells out their allotment, LSU fans will outnumber the opposing team 3 to 1.

jkjsooner
11/14/2011, 07:03 PM
How many tickets are allocated to each team to sell?

How much of an advantage would it be? Would Vegas give LSU three additional points like they do for a home team? I don't think so.

Didn't we already do this? Seems OU fans who attended said it was at least 70% LSU fans. The noise when we were on offense was noticeable even on TV.

Worse, I've yet to hear a Sooner fan who went to that game who said they would go again if LSU was in it. If that's true we would be looking at a much larger discrepancy.

11/14/2011, 07:05 PM
Both schools actually don't get very many alloted to the Sugar Bowl. Most of the tickets go to Saints season ticket holders, which are mostly LSU fans since it's so close. That is what makes it similar to a home game for LSU. When LSU makes it, even if the opposing team sells out their allotment, LSU fans will outnumber the opposing team 3 to 1.Apparently, the '03 season NC game at the Superdome, which we were in with the crawfish as our opponent was a MISERABLE experience for many OU fans, as testimony was given on this very message board. Toothless, buckteeth, two-headed types threw stuff at our people, screamed at them, got in their faces and yelled "Tigerbait" til they were hoarse. etc.

Landthief 1972
11/15/2011, 10:31 AM
If you're going to use their inbred call, spell it like they mumble it through their toothless mouths:

TIGAH BAY-UTS!

badger
11/15/2011, 10:35 AM
A billion people have already said it, but we only had about 10k at the Superdome in January 2004. It was a tiny sliver of the stadium in one of the endzone corners, not even 50-yard-line, and the rest of the stadium was purple and gold. We still had a very good chance of winning the game (revisionist history suggests that the SEC dominated every national title game its won in recent history, but actual history shows the games were in fact all pretty close aside from tOSU). They were so desperate for more people in that place that they put hundreds of halftime performers on the field sidelines... and probably fans too, I didn't see what the other side looked like.

It. Was. Hell. But, we only lost by 7.

TheUnnamedSooner
11/15/2011, 02:06 PM
Apparently, the '03 season NC game at the Superdome, which we were in with the crawfish as our opponent was a MISERABLE experience for many OU fans, as testimony was given on this very message board. Toothless, buckteeth, two-headed types threw stuff at our people, screamed at them, got in their faces and yelled "Tigerbait" til they were hoarse. etc.

Agreed. I was there in NO, but not at the game (it's how I learned about the ticket thing), and they were exactly as you said.

Shakadoodoo
11/15/2011, 03:45 PM
Arkansas gives LSU hell - even when Arkansas is weak and LSU is good. I hope they can pull it off.