PDA

View Full Version : OSU fans booking Hotel and Air to New Orleans....

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2011, 03:04 PM
LOL

What a waste of money!

http://www.orangepower.com/threads/who-has-reserved-their-hotel-and-flght-to-new-orleans.131153/

LakeRat
11/14/2011, 03:08 PM
Didn't they start doing this before the season started?

badger
11/14/2011, 03:10 PM
OSU doesn't have a signature win yet this season. The A&M win in College Station has looked worse every week as they might finish with a Texasesque 5-7.

Our signature win is in Talahassee against Florida State, who is back in the polls this week after strong showings in ACC play.

Unless they beat us, they will have very little to show for the season except for a good win-loss record... one that Boise State claims on an annual basis.

This is not intended to be smack talk, this is a reality check and every OSU fan knows it: The season will be a total letdown if they can't finally beat us fairweather fan cheatin' gooners. It would be like the New England Patriots going 18-0 only to finish 18-1 after losing the Super Bowl. Playing OU is their Super Bowl every year, yes, but this year especially.

8timechamps
11/14/2011, 03:14 PM
Why not? If you're an OSU fan, this could be your only shot at ever going to a title game. I happen to think they'll be just one game short of making it, but you can't blame them for being optimistic.

sooneredaco
11/14/2011, 03:16 PM
They better check that refund policy

badger
11/14/2011, 03:17 PM
Why not? If you're an OSU fan, this could be your only shot at ever going to a title game. I happen to think they'll be just one game short of making it, but you can't blame them for being optimistic.

It's nice that we have a state filled with those who prepare ahead from the oncoming storm and stuff (it's in our nature, heheehehe) so I don't fault em for being prepared and optimistic.

BUT... OSU has yet to really be tested and that is what should be throwing red (or orange, heh) flags up in the air.

thecrimsoncrusader
11/14/2011, 03:21 PM
Brandon Weinke is going to be meet the same demise against the Sooners as his older brother, Chris Weinke did.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/14/2011, 03:21 PM
I post this every year, but there is something to be said for a team that wins the games it is supposed to win.

badger
11/14/2011, 03:24 PM
Brandon Weinke is going to be meet the same demise against the Sooners as his older brother, Chris Weinke did.

Brandon is actually the older brother. Even Chris calls him "old"

cccasooner2
11/14/2011, 03:29 PM
I don't think there is anything wrong with an OSU fan cheering OU on to a NC, they can come home and tell their friends what a great time they had shouting SOONER in response to BOOMER.

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2011, 03:50 PM
This year for OSU reminds me a lot of KU in 2007.

SoonerNutt
11/14/2011, 04:54 PM

Plus, just like when we wen't down there and played LSU, the resale value is insane when LSU is in the championship game in their own state. Say oSu fan buys tickets at face value now, then pokes lose to OU. Poke puts tickets on ebay and sells them for double to LSU fan. Loses out on non-refundable hotel room, but probably ends up about even if not up a little. Certainly worth the risk for a chance to see your team in the title game.

BTW, in 2003, I bought tix to the NC game in October, long before it was clear we were going to be in it. I could have sold them for three times face value on the street. But I chose to go to the game to see my Sooners play for the title. You don't get that chance every day.

stoopified
11/14/2011, 05:56 PM
Early Mardi Gras? Or maybe they are just helping Sooner fans by reserving rooms that OU fans will need in January.

madillsoonerfan5353
11/14/2011, 05:57 PM
I booked my room back in August, I think. I even started a thread about it.

:gary::stupid:

MHSooner
11/14/2011, 08:54 PM
I booked my hotel rooms in New Orleans on January 23, when Marriott opened up for reservations. Rooms are much more reasonable when the hotels haven't figured out the Sooners are coming to town.

:applouse:

mdklatt
11/14/2011, 10:14 PM
LOL

What a waste of money!

It is possible to have a good time in New Orleans without going to a football game.

kevpks
11/14/2011, 10:33 PM
I for one am glad they are showing state and conference pride and will be there to cheer us to victory. Big XII! Big XII!

oumartin
11/14/2011, 11:17 PM
and why aren't OU fans booking rooms? Oh, yeah.. Tech came into Norman and won.. Same Tech team OSU just steamrolled.

Plexis22
11/15/2011, 12:34 AM

And how did that turn out when they faced a decent team in their rivalry game...

Bourbon St Sooner
11/15/2011, 10:01 AM
I post this every year, but there is something to be said for a team that wins the games it is supposed to win.

That's boring. It's much more interesting to lose to some **** ant team and then hope the gyrations of the bsc put you in the title game.

EatLeadCommie
11/15/2011, 10:21 AM
We have fans that book in the offseason for the NCG. They basically have to win one game at home at night when their fans are gonna be nuts and they will be there in New Orleans.

SoonerLaw09
11/15/2011, 01:14 PM
That's boring. It's much more interesting to lose to some **** ant team and then hope the gyrations of the bsc put you in the title game.

I might just add "gyrations of the bsc" into my sig line. That is teh allsome. :)

LVSOONER15
11/15/2011, 01:31 PM

Actually reminds me of ttu in 08. We came out and totally manhandled them. We need to do the same with the sheephumpers.

Okie35
11/15/2011, 01:38 PM

Actually reminds me of ttu in 08. We came out and totally manhandled them. We need to do the same with the sheephumpers.

Then that Tech team lost their bowl game to Ole Miss right?!

picasso
11/15/2011, 02:26 PM
I don't blame them. I would be too.

oSuJeff1997
11/15/2011, 03:30 PM

Smart post is smart.

See: OU vs. Texas Tech in 2011

oSuJeff1997
11/15/2011, 03:32 PM

Except for this OSU team is better than that Tech team, and this OU team is inferior to that '08 OU team.

Breadburner
11/15/2011, 03:33 PM
Pre-mature ejaculation as usual.......

champions77
11/16/2011, 10:16 AM
Not surprising in the least. Afterall, they only have to beat 5th ranked OU, a team they've beaten 16 times..........in 105 years and zero times in the last eight years.

This is the same fan base that has proclaimed "this is our year" even after finishing 3-8 the year before.

Optimism has never been in short supply in Stillwater, nor has delusion.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/16/2011, 10:50 AM
You can cancel reservations for Jan 6th-Jan 10th a month in advance and get full refund. In fact, most hotels overbook because they know people will be canceling after the final BCS poll comes out.

In fact we usually book the hotel about 8 months early. They usually haven't changed their rates for that weekend yet.

I also have my hotel booked for OU/Texas next year. For both weekends because we don't know which weekend it will be yet.

rekamrettuB
11/16/2011, 11:01 AM
Except for this OSU team is better than that Tech team,

Really? I would say they are pretty similar and fairly evenly matched. Great offenses, bad but opportunistic defenses.

PalmBeachSooner
11/16/2011, 01:44 PM
LOL

What a waste of money!

http://www.orangepower.com/threads/who-has-reserved-their-hotel-and-flght-to-new-orleans.131153/

They're just speculators who plan on selling their travel packages to fans of teams who will actually be playing in New Orleans.