PDA

View Full Version : Has Traber changed his tone?

sooneredaco
11/14/2011, 03:04 PM
Not sure how many of you on here make it a habit to listen to The Sports Animal (I used to on a regular basis but haven't listened at all this year), but I distinctly remember Traber saying on more than one occasion that OSU would never win a National Championship in football. Which I always found to be interesting coming from him. Is he still singing the same song now that his pokes are actually relevant? Just curious to hear from those of you that might tune into to his show.

Pricetag
11/14/2011, 03:44 PM
I think he's impressed by what they've done this year, but he doesn't think they can beat LSU or Alabama.

sooneredaco
11/14/2011, 03:46 PM
I personally have agreed with him in his saying that. I'll go as far as saying that they won't even compete for one, ever. This year is no exception

fwsooner22
11/14/2011, 04:43 PM
Dude takes a beating for saying what he thinks about his school but so far he has been correct. Can one of the worst defenses in all of college football win the BCS ? I doubt we will find out.

SoonerNate
11/14/2011, 04:46 PM
I would opine but it would only end up getting deleted.

oumartin
11/14/2011, 04:56 PM
I haven't listened to the SA since OU lost

SoonerBacker
11/14/2011, 05:04 PM
I heard him say earlier this year that he could not even pick oSu to beat OU until Gumby had proven he could do it. Wonder if he will be picking the Pukes this year, after all.

C&CDean
11/14/2011, 05:06 PM
I would opine but it would only end up getting deleted.

Only if you are a dumbass and make a reference to pedophiles again.

I Am Right
11/14/2011, 05:46 PM
No, his shtick is to call you names and hang up on you.

stoopified
11/14/2011, 05:53 PM
I heard him say earlier this year that he could not even pick oSu to beat OU until Gumby had proven he could do it. Wonder if he will be picking the Pukes this year, after all.Personally I NEVER listen to SA but I watch KOKH Fox sports and Traber is on the Sunday nite show and as of right now he still says he won't pick osu unjtil Gundy beats OU.

Lott's Bandana
11/14/2011, 05:53 PM
I heard him address this about two weeks ago.

He said what others have posted, that he claimed they would never win, but it looks like he could be wrong...however, he won't pick aggy because they never beat OU. So, he's sticking with OU but deep down he is orange. I really don't blame him...there are so many other annoying things he does, rooting for his alma mater is insignificant.

jumperstop
11/14/2011, 05:55 PM
Personally I NEVER listen to SA but I watch KOKH Fox sports and Traber is on the Sunday nite show and as of right now he still says he won't pick osu unjtil Gundy beats OU.

Makes sense to me....He got embarassed a couple years back when everyone was picking them. Maybe that was last year...I don't remember. But the last three years have been the year OSU was supposed to do it, why would this year be any different?

BeaSooner
11/14/2011, 05:55 PM
Nope - he's still obnoxious and abrasive. Thanks for asking.

jumperstop
11/14/2011, 05:56 PM
I heard him address this about two weeks ago.

He said what others have posted, that he claimed they would never win, but it looks like he could be wrong...however, he won't pick aggy because they never beat OU. So, he's sticking with OU but deep down he is orange. I really don't blame him...there are so many other annoying things he does, rooting for his alma mater is insignificant.

There are very few unbiased sports reporters in this state when it comes to bedlam....most have an allegiance of some sort...

sooneredaco
11/14/2011, 08:42 PM
Nope - he's still obnoxious and abrasive. Thanks for asking.

I definitely agree with this... To me that whole format and station just no longer interest much at all anymore.

ocsooner
11/14/2011, 09:08 PM
I definitely agree with this... To me that whole format and station just no longer interest much at all anymore.

I can stomach some of the programming up until he comes on. I can't even listen to his commercials. You can only take so much of one guy interrupting everyone and telling everyone everything that he has said in the last 10 years.

I have the same opinion of him as the AP pole - why do we care?

SoonerMarkVA
11/14/2011, 09:22 PM
Gumby has them to new heights. So, up until now, it would be perfectly reasonable to say OSU would never get an NC in football. That they're even in the discussion, legitimately, is a tremendous achievement.

OSU has to prove they can break the glass ceiling; that ceiling has a big, block OU etched in it. If they can do it, they'll get their chance to see what they can do with LSU. I don't think they do it this year, but I admit that Gumby looks like he's building something that could rival the achievement of Bill Snyder. Plus he's young and not going anywhere. Be interesting to see what the next 5 years holds for the Pokes.

Sooners78
11/15/2011, 10:23 AM
My problem with Traber is he uses the worst examples of idiot OU callers to his show and tends to lump us all in with them. He just seems to enjoy bringing up and commenting on the worst of Sooner fans.

>>>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DY2HargZ7g

sooneredaco
11/15/2011, 02:36 PM
My problem with Traber is he uses the worst examples of idiot OU callers to his show and tends to lump us all in with them. He just seems to enjoy bringing up and commenting on the worst of Sooner fans.

>>>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DY2HargZ7g

BAWHAHAHAHA!!! how in the world I forgot about that video blows my mind. That is pure freaking gold!

rekamrettuB
11/15/2011, 04:03 PM
He'll pick Ok State this year...book it. He'll say he changed his mind based on the injuries to Broyles and Whaley.

I don't really care who he picks. He played at Ok State. I expect him to be a homer but honestly he's about the most unbiased homer I've ever heard.

sooneredaco
11/19/2011, 04:45 AM
Guess he's right