PDA

View Full Version : Sirius XM station for OU football

FriscoTXsooner
11/14/2011, 09:01 AM
Hey,

we will be in Norman on Saturday, taking our daughter up for Sooner Saturday, before she attends in the fall!!!!!!!!!! we won't be heading back until later in the day, so I will be listening to the game on Sirius radio, does anyone know if it will be on, and if so what channel?

soonerloyal
11/14/2011, 09:24 AM
Nope, the schedule is unlisted as usual. The whole SiriusXm thing has its head so far up its corporate arse that they are nothing but fail. You might try calling customer support, but if your experience is anything close to ours it's a waste of time off your life clock. When it works we really enjoy the programming. Unfortunately the drawbacks are shoddy equipment, not enough current info, customer "service" is a joke. Great premise, sh**ty reality.

Sorry, got sidetracked. :sour: If I get the info, I'll post it for ya.

yukonsooner
11/14/2011, 09:44 AM
I ran into the same deal a couple of weeks ago. I just googled OU Football Sirius that morning and it gave me the current line up.

delhalew
11/14/2011, 09:48 AM
The game is always on Sirius. It won't be hard to find. Anybody who slams Sirius, clearly doesn't rely on it the way I do. For six years, Sirius has kept me abreast my sporting needs. Later in the week, look it up on line, or just flip through the sports channels before kick off, and you'll find it in a minute it two.

jumperstop
11/14/2011, 10:17 AM
If you're in Norman can't you listen to it on the local radio?

stoops the eternal pimp
11/14/2011, 02:21 PM
^

fwsooner22
11/14/2011, 02:57 PM
You don't need sirius. You can listen to local broadcast which you will lose somewhere around ardmore. Then pick up Dallas or Ardmore broadcast. Already did this earlier in the season.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/14/2011, 03:02 PM
Take off your tinfoil hat and the government will beam the broadcast into your brain.

bluedogok
11/14/2011, 11:32 PM
You don't need sirius. You can listen to local broadcast which you will lose somewhere around ardmore. Then pick up Dallas or Ardmore broadcast. Already did this earlier in the season.
If you already have Sirius then why not use it?

OU Broadcast: Sirius 128
Baylor Broadcast: XM 197

http://www.siriusxm.com/collegefootballschedule

I have had Sirius for 7 years and rely on it greatly since there is no local OU radio broadcast in Austin or Denver. Listened to the FSU game on the road from Albuquerque to Denver without interruption. We also listen to other games throughout the day, when traveling I usually print the list out of bookmark it on my phone for reference.

btk108
11/14/2011, 11:35 PM
C'mon......listen to the game on the Sooner Network.

bluedogok
11/14/2011, 11:40 PM
C'mon......listen to the game on the Sooner Network.
On Sirius you are listening to the OU broadcast with Toby, Merv, Roy and the other guy. You also get some of the local commercials.

btk108
11/14/2011, 11:42 PM
I stand corrected, then....never listened to it on XM, just chose SN so I'd get the OU broadcasters.

70sooner
11/15/2011, 07:24 AM
I bought Sirius radio in 2006 so I could listen to an OU game on the way out to California. Course the music didn't hurt, either, The only thing I regret is that for $500, I could have had a life time subscription and it would have paid for itself by now. I love it. Great music, sports when you need it and commercial free. Can't beat that...

FriscoTXsooner
11/15/2011, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the info, I have Sirius, but I've never had to be on the road during a game so this will be the first time listening while driving.

soonerloyal
11/15/2011, 04:43 PM
If you already have Sirius then why not use it?

OU Broadcast: Sirius 128
Baylor Broadcast: XM 197

http://www.siriusxm.com/collegefootballschedule

I have had Sirius for 7 years and rely on it greatly since there is no local OU radio broadcast in Austin or Denver. Listened to the FSU game on the road from Albuquerque to Denver without interruption. We also listen to other games throughout the day, when traveling I usually print the list out of bookmark it on my phone for reference.

Wow, thanks. That's not the page XM Customer Service gave me. I appreciate the link.

So are we the only S/XM subscribers on SF that has problems with equipment and customer service? :confusion:

delhalew
11/15/2011, 04:53 PM
Wow, thanks. That's not the page XM Customer Service gave me. I appreciate the link.

So are we the only S/XM subscribers on SF that has problems with equipment and customer service? :confusion:

You mentioned shoddy hardware. My Sirius unit is indestructible. It's been through hell, and been moved to nearly a dozen different vehicles...seriously.

Reception can be tricky in a major city due to saturation of the frequency band, but it's always worked out.

Sooner95
11/15/2011, 05:31 PM
Yea, I listen to OU broadcasts on Sirius all the time. And yes, it is the local feed when you select the Sooner Broadcast channel of the 2, be it home or away.

Heck it will even display the score and what quarter. great for driving.

soonerloyal
11/15/2011, 06:43 PM
You mentioned shoddy hardware. My Sirius unit is indestructible. It's been through hell, and been moved to nearly a dozen different vehicles...seriously.

Reception can be tricky in a major city due to saturation of the frequency band, but it's always worked out.

Ours is XM, and we've been through several units. The bases keep giving out, or the cords. Until recently, hubby switched them from car to house several times per day. He hates to be in a car without his satellite lineup.

bluedogok
11/15/2011, 10:03 PM

That is the Sirius link, the XM link is below.
SiriusXM - College Football on XM (http://www.siriusxm.com/servlet/Satellite?c=SXM_Sports_P&childpagename=SXM%2FSXM_Sports_P%2FLiveSportsSched ule&cid=1282010514744&p=1283878907658&pagename=SXM%2FWrapper)

I have had a couple of units go bad over almost 8 years, one of the monster Audiovox units (died last year, it was in my father-in-laws pickup) and a Sportster unit. I now have two Starmates and a SiriusConnect with the Toyota interface for my wife's 4Runner. I have a Starmate in my car and we have one in the house in Austin which used to be used full time at my wifes office. Since they moved offices we couldn't get a signal so she brought it home.

70sooner
11/15/2011, 10:15 PM
I've had no problems with any of the units (4), I've had and I've moved them around a few vehicles and into the house when needed. One of the units is in a computer center where you couldn't get a signal, so I bought one of the 50' extensions and put the antenna by a window and it works fine. I rarely listen to regular radio, anymore with the exception being when we are in the Santa Fe area and I like to listen to Radio Free Santa Fe, KBAC. One of the best FM stations around.