PDA

View Full Version : how do the comps view usc?

lasooner123
11/14/2011, 12:11 AM
how does this work? do their wins count as wins? are they viewed as a good win or because they are unranked do the computers see them as an unranked team.
gratzi

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2011, 12:19 AM
Computers look at USC as they do everyone else.

They just cannot be in the BCS mix.

Anderson & Hester: USC #20
Sagarin Ratings: USC #17
Billingsley: USC #13
Colley Matrix: USC #16
Massey Ratings: USC #11
Peter Wolfe: USC #20

So they will be a good quality win for the Computers to go off of.

BoulderSooner79
11/14/2011, 12:20 AM
As far as I've read, they are just on post season probation but otherwise the same as any other team. I do think they suffer in the human polls and thus the BCS as well. I speculate the voters don't give much thought to them since they can't go to the Pac12 CCG or any bowl game. I was amazed they were unranked going into the Stanford game and seeing them play, they could beat many teams in the top 25. I don't think they will beat the Duck in Eugene, but it wouldn't shock me if they did. Their defense is much faster than Stanford's D.

ocugolfsooner
11/14/2011, 12:21 AM
They view them the same as every other team. I was curious and looked up their ranking in the various computer polls and they were generally 15-25. Baylor was about the same and we play on the road so we should get a little bump next week. Oregon st is ranked below 100 in the computer polls and Iowa state is surprisingly around 25-35 in some if them. I think it shapes up well for us from the computer rankings standpoint.

Iam4OUru
11/14/2011, 12:37 AM
how does this work? do their wins count as wins? are they viewed as a good win or because they are unranked do the computers see them as an unranked team.
gratzi

The Condoms are eligible for the AP Poll but just can't be a part of the BCS...to include the Coaches and Harris Polls. I would consider beating them a "quality win". Barkley is probably the best QB in the PAC and Robert Woods is one of the best wideouts in the country.

lasooner123
11/14/2011, 01:25 AM
The Condoms are eligible for the AP Poll but just can't be a part of the BCS...to include the Coaches and Harris Polls. I would consider beating them a "quality win". Barkley is probably the best QB in the PAC and Robert Woods is one of the best wideouts in the country.
not a luck fan i presume

stoops the eternal pimp
11/14/2011, 02:28 PM
They see them as a virus

JLEW1818
11/14/2011, 02:29 PM
lol