PDA

View Full Version : thank goodness fsu and tulsa won..

Soonerjeepman
11/13/2011, 03:23 AM
and ksu....ugh the horns...I wanted anyone we played that was ranked to keep winning....ah well...we just just need to win out..not because I just want OU to play for the NC...I just want them to win out!

BOOMER SOONER!!

Jacie
11/13/2011, 10:52 AM
UT, ranked, unranked, relevant or not, let em lose.

The team that beat em is also on OU's resume so it's kind of a wash who won.

The funny part of it is that Mack and his whorn minions now have to reevaluate whether that power running game they thought they had is all it was cracked up to be. They totaled less than 80 yards rushing as a team and they didn't make it up throwing the ball. Their offensive woes continue . . .

OU_Sooners75
11/13/2011, 10:54 AM
and ksu....ugh the horns...I wanted anyone we played that was ranked to keep winning....ah well...we just just need to win out..not because I just want OU to play for the NC...I just want them to win out!

BOOMER SOONER!!

Don't be upset that Texas loss. We also beat Missouri, so it actually gave Missouri a quality win, which helped OU more than a Texas win.

cccasooner2
11/13/2011, 10:57 AM

The funny part of it is that Mack and his whorn minions now have to reevaluate whether that power running game they thought they had is all it was cracked up to be. They totaled less than 80 yards rushing as a team and they didn't make it up throwing the ball. Their offensive woes continue . . .

More trickeration, please.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/13/2011, 12:05 PM
We could have our three states schools finish the bowl season 12-1 (OU, national champs?), 12-1 (OSU, fiesta bowl champs?), and 11-3 (Tusla, cUSA and whatever bowl champs).. Impressive. Unlikely, but impressive.

Salt City Sooner
11/13/2011, 06:44 PM
Don't be upset that Texas loss. We also beat Missouri, so it actually gave Missouri a quality win, which helped OU more than a Texas win.
Thing is, MU's already lost 5 times, so even if they were to win out they'd be regarded as mediocre. A 10-2 'horn team (with both losses only coming to top 6 teams) would've been held in much higher regard to voters (who make up 2/3rds of the BCS formula), even if they weren't by the computers. I'm not at all broken up by UT losing, but it would've been a significantly bigger feather in OU's cap to have a 38 point win over a borderline top 10 (again, if they'd won out) or so team than it will be now, & there are 2 things that voters look at moreso than anything else: how bad your loss(es) are, & the quality of the skins on your wall.

sooner n houston
11/14/2011, 07:43 AM
We could have our three states schools finish the bowl season 12-1 (OU, national champs?), 12-1 (OSU, fiesta bowl champs?), and 11-3 (Tusla, cUSA and whatever bowl champs).. Impressive. Unlikely, but impressive.

Thats 5 loses, and three of those are to each other!

SoonerAtKU
11/14/2011, 10:06 AM

Well, they were without their top three backs. Brown and Bergeron didn't play and we know what happened to Fozzy. Tough for any team to produce if the top three at the focal position go down. It would be similar to OU having to start their fourth team QB.

caseysooner
11/14/2011, 10:08 AM
I'll never pull for ut even if there win gives us a boost in the rankings.