PDA

View Full Version : OU should be 3rd or 4th......

Soonerus
11/12/2011, 11:32 PM
IMO ....

Boomer.....
11/12/2011, 11:35 PM
Meh.

We might sneak our way in if we beat aggy though. We will probably only jump to 5, but would again jump Oregon after bedlam. We just have to pray that the voters don't allow a rematch in the MNC.

BetterSoonerThanLater
11/12/2011, 11:36 PM
i dunno. i think oregon jumps us, bama stays at three and we are 5

Sooner95
11/12/2011, 11:38 PM
Yea, no way we go ahead of Bama by not playing.. We will be 5th. Ducks will get a boost by beating Stanford on the road. None of that matters. When we send the pukes home crying it will be enough to propel us to #2.

Blue
11/12/2011, 11:40 PM
Yea, no way we go ahead of Bama by not playing.. We will be 5th. Ducks will get a boost by beating Stanford on the road. None of that matters. When we send the pukes home crying it will be enough to propel us to #2.

QFT!

soonercastor
11/12/2011, 11:40 PM
We'll be #5, but we control our on destiny

En_Fuego
11/12/2011, 11:45 PM
How is not having a Big 12 Championship game going to factor in "At the end of the day" ?

StoopTroup
11/12/2011, 11:51 PM
We are at .7978 in the BCS and oregon is .7708. We didn't play but the ducks did knock off 4th place Stanford who was at .8749. Boise State was .8473 but lost to a Team not even in the Top 25 BCS.

It will be interesting as to how much weight oregon gets for winning an away Game against a Team that was obviously not a Top 5 BCS Team.

With K-State knocking off TAMU and continuing to help our SOS by moving up as Penn State lost to Nebraska and South Carolina barely slid by Phlorida today...They might move up a couple of spots too. Texas losing to Mizzou probaly lost us some SOS.

Whatever happens it seems that beating oSu will really put us in a nice Bowl if not a MNC.

SoonerMarkVA
11/12/2011, 11:55 PM
I see:

1. LSU
2. OSU
3. Bama
4. Oregon

what I'm not sure about is if Arky or we move up to 5.

Then, what happens if Arky does beat LSU? Man, that could throw everything into a mess.

BoulderSooner79
11/12/2011, 11:59 PM
How is not having a Big 12 Championship game going to factor in "At the end of the day" ?

Not at all with OSU sitting at #2.

Blue
11/13/2011, 12:00 AM
I see:

what I'm not sure about is if Arky or we move up to 5.

Then, what happens if Arky does beat LSU? Man, that could throw everything into a mess.

Bama gets the nod from beating Arky to the SEC title game. Which would put Oregon in play again. I think we need LSU to beat Arky.

sooner59
11/13/2011, 12:19 AM
We actually have a Big 12 CG this year. The only difference is that we get to play a legit team from the South division.

SOONER44EVER
11/13/2011, 12:25 AM
We are at .7978 in the BCS and oregon is .7708. We didn't play but the ducks did knock off 4th place Stanford who was at .8749. Boise State was .8473 but lost to a Team not even in the Top 25 BCS.

It will be interesting as to how much weight oregon gets for winning an away Game against a Team that was obviously not a Top 5 BCS Team.

With K-State knocking off TAMU and continuing to help our SOS by moving up as Penn State lost to Nebraska and South Carolina barely slid by Phlorida today...They might move up a couple of spots too. Texas losing to Mizzou probaly lost us some SOS.

Whatever happens it seems that beating oSu will really put us in a nice Bowl if not a MNC.

If KSU beating A&M helps our sos doesn't A&M losing to KSU hurt our sos? Seems like it would be a wash.

StoopTroup
11/13/2011, 12:26 AM
If KSU beating A&M helps our sos doesn't A&M losing to KSU hurt our sos? Seems like it would be a wash.

What is A&M's BCS Score?

SOONER44EVER
11/13/2011, 12:28 AM
What is A&M's BCS Score?

Ahhhhhhh!

yermom
11/13/2011, 12:32 AM
the thing with the conference championship game is that we are still playing that week, and we are playing #2 at that. i don't think it matters this year

assuming we win out and OSU only loses to us, then what is more impressive? losing to #1 at home or beating #2 on the road?

BoulderSooner79
11/13/2011, 12:38 AM
assuming we win out and OSU only loses to us, then what is more impressive? losing to #1 at home or beating #2 on the road?

The more relevant issue is winning the conference (on a tie breaker) vs. being 2nd in your division (assuming LSU beats Arkie).
But i have to give the pokes the nod this year and then none of this matters; but who knows.

soonerboy_odanorth
11/13/2011, 12:44 AM
I have a couple of thoughts. 1.) I hate USC. 2.) I hate Auburn.

*Ahem!*

War Damn Eagle!

Fight On!

(I feel so dirty....)

dennis580
11/13/2011, 02:10 AM
Not at all with OSU sitting at #2.

Thats totally wrong. The Big 12 is the #1 conference in the computers this year, and another Big 12 game would certainly have helped us. Also I think some of the computers give a slight advantage to a 12-1 vs a 11-1 record.

IronHorseSooner
11/13/2011, 02:11 AM
IMHO:

1. LSU
2. OSU
3. Oregon
4. 'Bama
5. OU
6. Arky
7. Clemson
8. Va Tech
9. Houston
10. Stanford

By beating a ranked Baylor team on the road next week, and with 'Bama playing an FCS team, we SHOULD jump them to #4. Unless they lose, we won't jump Oregon until after OSU (if we win). After that, it is game-set-match and see you in NOLA.

NYC Poke
11/13/2011, 02:21 AM
IMHO:

1. LSU
2. OSU
3. Oregon
4. 'Bama
5. OU
6. Arky
7. Clemson
8. Va Tech
9. Houston
10. Stanford

I have to say, this is about as accurate a Top 10 as anyone could come up with based upon the season so far. If Arky beats LSU and y'all beat us, there are going to be a lot of one-loss teams with really, really good resumes, and an undefeated Houston knocking on the door. Things could get crazy.

IronHorseSooner
11/13/2011, 02:23 AM
I have to say, this is about as accurate a Top 10 as anyone could come up with based upon the season so far. If Arky beats LSU and y'all beat us, there are going to be a lot of one-loss teams with really, really good resumes, and an undefeated Houston knocking on the door. Things could get crazy.

Not to mention if UGA wins the SEC...

Blue
11/13/2011, 02:25 AM
If we beat Okstate no matter what espn says you will not be ahead of us. We will be the Big 12 champs as far as BCS head to head goes.

NYC Poke
11/13/2011, 02:48 AM
If we beat Okstate no matter what espn says you will not be ahead of us. We will be the Big 12 champs as far as BCS head to head goes.

No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying the debates would be endless. A lot of quality teams with excellent wins and respectable losses. ESPN would love it.

SicEmBaylor
11/13/2011, 03:40 AM
Enjoy your fantastical delusions of making it to the MNC for one more week; because, this time next week you'll be faced with loss #2 for the season.

AlbqSooner
11/13/2011, 08:30 AM
Crack open another Zima.

kevpks
11/13/2011, 09:17 AM
What is A&M's BCS Score?

Texas A&M is the best 5-5 team in the country. :D

CBUS_SOONER
11/13/2011, 09:51 AM
If we played LSU, we may lose by 30+. Hell we may get destroyed by osu

OUmillenium
11/13/2011, 10:26 AM
IMHO:

1. LSU
2. OSU
3. Oregon
4. 'Bama
5. OU
6. Arky
7. Clemson
8. Va Tech
9. Houston
10. Stanford

By beating a ranked Baylor team on the road next week, and with 'Bama playing an FCS team, we SHOULD jump them to #4. Unless they lose, we won't jump Oregon until after OSU (if we win). After that, it is game-set-match and see you in NOLA.

This

was my thoughts.

We still play #25 and #2 on the road. Huge BCS computer boosters.

PLaw
11/13/2011, 10:42 AM
No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying the debates would be endless. A lot of quality teams with excellent wins and respectable losses. ESPN would love it.

And, there would be one, one-loss team with a despicable loss that will immediately get brushed off and booted out of the discussion. Any takers care to guess who that team might be? Yep, and it already started yesterday with the ESPiN talking heads.

Bummer

OU_Sooners75
11/13/2011, 10:49 AM
How much higher can Oregon jump us?

1. OU will move up 2 spots in the human polls.
2. Oregon is already ahead of OU in the human polls. They will not jump Alabama.
3. OU moves up to #3 in the computers. Oregon was awy down on the computers.

I think OU will be either #3 or #4. But they could be as low as #5.

Either way, with two top 25 teams remaining on the OU schedule, OU is sitting very pretty if they win out.

Beat Baylor and Iowa State, OU is in a BCS Bowl no matter what!

OU_Sooners75
11/13/2011, 10:50 AM
And, there would be one, one-loss team with a despicable loss that will immediately get brushed off and booted out of the discussion. Any takers care to guess who that team might be? Yep, and it already started yesterday with the ESPiN talking heads.

Bummer

I think wins over 5 top 25 teams will trump that lone pathetic loss to TTU!

OU_Sooners75
11/13/2011, 10:52 AM
Enjoy your fantastical delusions of making it to the MNC for one more week; because, this time next week you'll be faced with loss #2 for the season.

I know you are not serious!

PLaw
11/13/2011, 11:37 AM
I know you are not serious!

Hopefully, you are right. That said, the ESPN talking heads have already started the spin about our loss. Get ready for that firestorm this week.

Boomer

OU_Sooners75
11/13/2011, 01:09 PM
Hopefully, you are right. That said, the ESPN talking heads have already started the spin about our loss. Get ready for that firestorm this week.

Boomer

They are not spinning anything. They are asking, "How can OU lose to this team!"

It is the same damn thing everyone of us are asking ourselves. How the hell could we have lost to Texas Tech!

The problem that exacerbates this is the fact that many of the talking heads had picked OU to be undefeated and playing in the National Championship. So they are asking how did OU lose to Tech.

How can you disagree with them?