PDA

View Full Version : OSU's special season is...

Soonerus
11/12/2011, 08:43 PM
...pretty impressive...

Lott's Bandana
11/12/2011, 08:51 PM
I hate to agree, so I'll abstain.

jumperstop
11/12/2011, 08:53 PM
Agreed. OU still wins though...

thecrimsoncrusader
11/12/2011, 08:54 PM
Pretty soon, they will have to face the best offense and defense they have seen all season long. Their defense will be about the 3rd best that Oklahoma has faced and maybe not even that. Weeden didn't handle Texas' defense too well.

Boomer.....
11/12/2011, 08:55 PM
This is there best team ever.

thecrimsoncrusader
11/12/2011, 08:57 PM
This is there best team ever.

That's not saying much. Especially, since they are carrying on the fine tradition of their defense sucking and today doesn't change that. Not after what happened against the two best overall foes they faced in Texas and Kansas St. And even Iowa St. held Texas Tech to 7 points.

cleller
11/12/2011, 09:03 PM
Cheaters. Hired a professional athlete older than most NFL QB's.

He looks stupid, too.

SoonerMarkVA
11/12/2011, 09:13 PM
...going to be that much sweeter to snuff out.

BlownGP
11/12/2011, 09:21 PM
just look at our 08 season..pretty impressive too until we finally meet a defense...

Since71ASooner4Life
11/12/2011, 09:28 PM
... two weeks from coming to a crashing halt

nighttrain12
11/12/2011, 09:33 PM
Agreed. OU still wins though...

Why do they win? Please explain, I'm getting worried.

sooneredaco
11/12/2011, 09:54 PM
A blind squirrel finds a but every now and then. They better enjoy the success there're having while they can. OUr boys will go into their home and b!tch slap them soon

Soonerus
11/12/2011, 09:56 PM
They have a glaring problem, poor defense....

8timechamps
11/12/2011, 09:58 PM
There is no doubt they are having an impressive year, but I think a lot of what people see is running up the score. As for today, they showed TT to be the team they are, so no big surprise.

The question for the Pokes is still defense. Although, holding Tech to under 300 yards may be their best defensive performance of the year.

CowboyMRW
11/12/2011, 10:11 PM
Our defense is lacking in the middle with our DT's and LB's not doubt. We just don't have the size inside to really stop an extremely strong rushing attack. However, this doesn't concern me as much until we play a team like a Bama or LSU who can really run it. The reason this doesn't worry me right now is the fact that our offense is doing so well and scoring so many points that we are putting teams behind us and making them one dimensional in the passing game and that is where we excel at. We can pin our ears back and really get after the qb. I really like our back 4 too. I think they are a top 10 unit in the nation.

rekamrettuB
11/12/2011, 10:16 PM
Can't argue that. Should be very proud no mattter what happens that first weekend in December. I'm pulling for them. Sould be a fun game. If only OU doesn't puke down their leg 1 week, would be te Oklahoma game of the Statehood.

CowboyMRW
11/12/2011, 10:34 PM
The way CFB is shaping up, that loss in the long run may have not been as bad as it seemed 3 weeks ago

dennis580
11/12/2011, 10:42 PM
OSU picked a perfect time to have their best season ever because we need a undefeated OSU on the road at the end of the season to jump to #2 in the BCS at the end of the year.

The voters who don't want a rematch then have the Perfect excuse to move OU ahead of Bama/Oregon on their ballots.

dennis580
11/12/2011, 10:46 PM
The way CFB is shaping up, that loss in the long run may have not been as bad as it seemed 3 weeks ago

I never thought it was that bad. After the loss I went to sleep still thinking we had a decent chance of getting in the NC. People are way to early to jump the gun not understanding that is likely there will be plenty more upsets in college football.

picasso
11/12/2011, 11:09 PM
Our defense is lacking in the middle with our DT's and LB's not doubt. We just don't have the size inside to really stop an extremely strong rushing attack. However, this doesn't concern me as much until we play a team like a Bama or LSU who can really run it. The reason this doesn't worry me right now is the fact that our offense is doing so well and scoring so many points that we are putting teams behind us and making them one dimensional in the passing game and that is where we excel at. We can pin our ears back and really get after the qb. I really like our back 4 too. I think they are a top 10 unit in the nation.
You gave up nearly 50 points to ksu at home and you like your defense?
I'm no kool-aid drinker here. OU's D has problems too.

OSUAggie
11/12/2011, 11:40 PM
You gave up nearly 50 points to ksu at home and you like your defense?
I'm no kool-aid drinker here. OU's D has problems too.

He likes our back 4. As do I.

The defense is good at times, average at other times, and the epitome of **** at other times. OU has the same problem.

If your plan isn't worth a **** in this league, things can snowball on you in a hurry any given week.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/12/2011, 11:46 PM
The DBs at OSU are good...Roderick Brown and Markell Martin are both top notch players...If we can't run the ball consistently in that game, it will be a long night...It isn't a good matchup for OU

stoops the eternal pimp
11/12/2011, 11:47 PM

The defense is good at times, average at other times, and the epitome of **** at other times. OU has the same problem.

If your plan isn't worth a **** in this league, things can snowball on you in a hurry any given week.

this

Flying Scotsman
11/12/2011, 11:56 PM
Hopefully, Oklahoma has one of those "Cinderella" nights like TCU and Oregon just enjoyed and like T. Tech had a few weeks ago...We're due.

StoopTroup
11/12/2011, 11:58 PM
OU vs oSU will look like oregon vs Stanford. Stanford was over-rated just like the Gumby Pistol Firers

OUNASH
11/12/2011, 11:59 PM
OsU was ranked 100th in total defense before the Tech game. OU will not have problems moving the ball running or passing. If LJ doesnt throw int's we win.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/13/2011, 12:05 AM
Texas Tech is right next to them and we had 7 points at the half...On paper, yeah it should be easy...

OUNASH
11/13/2011, 12:08 AM
This team shows up for big games. Tech was a head scratcher and how we lost that game baffles me. We play like we did against FSU, Tex and KSU we win hands down.

StoopTroup
11/13/2011, 12:09 AM
This team shows up for big games. Tech was a head scratcher and how we lost that game baffles me. We play like we did against FSU, Tex and KSU we win hands down.

Quit letting it baffle you.

2 missed FGs.

SoonerofAlabama
11/13/2011, 12:19 AM
...cursed. Anyone see the score 66-6...? Suspicious.

olevetonahill
11/13/2011, 12:29 AM

Quit letting it baffle you.

2 missed FGs.

Plus the fact of FIVE starters out of the game

BoomerJ
11/13/2011, 01:27 AM

Gumby sold his soul to the Debil..uh hem...Boone Pickens.

NYC Poke
11/13/2011, 01:38 AM
Plus the fact of FIVE starters out of the game

Dude, that is so Aggie! :shame:

Y'all are cute when you get nervous . . .

Seamus
11/13/2011, 01:46 AM
Cheaters. Hired a professional athlete older than most NFL QB's.

He looks stupid, too.

C'mon, that sounds like some Aggot crap over on orangepower. "He looks stupid"? So what? That guy kicks arse, and we'd better play lights out to beat him.

thecrimsoncrusader
11/13/2011, 08:03 AM
Oklahoma St. deserves all the credit in the world for showing up and winning all of their games, however, in the attention getting games, like against Texas and a national ranked Kansas St. team, Oklahoma showed up and destroyed those two teams while Oklahoma St. struggled mightily compared to their other games. With Oklahoma St. being ranked #2 in the BCS and undefeated, it certainly falls into the attention getting classification as the Texas and Kansas St. games.

In the biggest games, Oklahoma as simply been better and I expect that to be the case in the game between Oklahoma and Oklahoma St. and that's factoring in the loss of Broyles and Whaley. And Finch hasn't exactly been chump change having a slightly better yards per carry average than Whaley. Also, the Sooners goal line scoring problems may very well be fixed with the addition of the "Belldozer", which is huge.

Blackmon is Oklahoma St.'s only receiving threat worth a damn and the others and yes, they are the "others", can easily be single covered by legitimate corners. And even Blackmon will be limited to a degree because of the amount of pressure that Statue Weeden will be facing. And this part is nothing but a gut feeling, but I see OSU being tight and having a lot of turnovers and instead of forcing a lot of turnovers since they are playing Oklahoma, something they haven't exhibited in prior games. I fully expect Landry to throw two picks, but I don't see OSU getting the normal 3 to 5 turnovers they are used to getting, which will also limit their offensive scoring more than usual.

colleyvillesooner
11/13/2011, 08:36 AM
Dude, that is so Aggie! :shame:

Y'all are cute when you get nervous . . .

IF anyone's nervous it's y'all. We both know how this will end. Same way it has the last 8 years.

AlbqSooner
11/13/2011, 08:52 AM

I am too lazy to look it up, but we beat pokie by that exact score in the early 70s.

picasso
11/13/2011, 09:08 AM

Yeah I know what he wrote. I also know what he's written all season long. He likes the oSu defense. They've done just enough to win the close ones but I wouldn't be so confident if Landry Jones is on once again in Stillwater.

OU GENO
11/13/2011, 10:58 AM
OU & osu offense is about even but our defense is better. We still have 2 games before we find out!

OhU1
11/13/2011, 11:12 AM
Depends on which team shows up for OU. I can't brag about our defense after seeing it shredded by Tech. On the other hand the OSU D pitched a shutout in Lubbock.

brokenarrowboomer
11/13/2011, 04:50 PM
OU defense will have to play better than it has been to get the win, which I think they will. The line should be interesting, but I look for OU to be a slight favorite, or " pick em "

kevpks
11/13/2011, 04:57 PM
OU defense will have to play better than it has been to get the win, which I think they will. The line should be interesting, but I look for OU to be a slight favorite, or " pick em "

I agree that game is 50/50 and any Poke who thinks their chances are better than that is looking at the world through hideous orange tinted glasses.