PDA

View Full Version : If Calvin Simpson were able to coach college ball....

oumartin
11/11/2011, 10:50 PM
Do you think he woulda been a candidate to replace Capel? I really hated the way he bolted on the program after the violations but when I saw him in an interview when previous coaches and players came back this past summer I wondered if he regrets leaving. As bad as I hated him for what he did I am past it.. Glad we got Lon Kruger but still curious how things mighta turned out

Vegas Sooner
11/11/2011, 11:31 PM
No, but he built The University's basketball team back in a big way. He went to multi NCAA tourneys, final four, etc. He made too many phone calls and that is it. No OSU deal with pain killers and bottles.
Kelvin knows how to coach.

Glad we got Lon too.

Boomer.....
11/12/2011, 10:35 AM
No, he would not have been asked to come back.

badger
11/12/2011, 02:46 PM
No, he would not have been asked to come back.

He was asked to leave, so I don't think Kelvin would come back even if asked.

oumartin
11/12/2011, 02:50 PM
He was asked to leave, so I don't think Kelvin would come back even if asked.

So when indiana comes calling u r being asked to leave? Interesting

badger
11/12/2011, 03:06 PM
So when indiana comes calling u r being asked to leave? Interesting

Just cuz he found a job right away doesn't mean OU didn't want him gone ASAP. From what little I heard, the admins asked KS to find a different job... and he found one.

:D You should hear Indiana fans talk trash about OU right about now. They hate us because they think we're using their school as a dumping ground for mediocre coaches that we don't want anymore

nighttrain12
11/12/2011, 09:28 PM
If Kelvin Sampson legally changed his name to Calvin Simpson, do you think he could have fooled the NCAA and the Sooners administration and gotten hired at OU again?