PDA

View Full Version : Houston

8timechamps
11/10/2011, 11:44 PM
71-17 over Tulane.

I realize that Tulane isn't very good, but Houston is a very good team. They should be a top 5 or 6 team by bowl selection. I'm not sure how the BCS bowls select teams (I know there is a psuedo conference tie-in), but assuming we win out, and don't make the title game, what are the chances we could face them in the Fiesta?

Seems like outside of the Sugar Bowl, the Fiesta would be a good regional draw for Houston appearance.

agoo758
11/11/2011, 12:15 AM
I'd love to see them overly-bloated big-headed gerbil feces out of Boise in a bowl game.

The_Red_Patriot
11/11/2011, 08:27 AM
Houston is going to get beat by Tulsa so.... Yea.

picasso
11/11/2011, 08:52 AM
Ronnie Milsap has it covered.

Mississippi Sooner
11/11/2011, 08:59 AM
Houston's problem is that only one non-AQ school is guaranteed a shot in a BCS bowl if two or more qualify. So, if Boise wins out, Houston is likely to be SOL. Too bad for them, because this is likely to be their best season for a long time.

SteelClip49
11/11/2011, 09:26 AM
the above statement is not true. Remember in 2009 when both TCU and Boise State were selected?

soonercoop1
11/11/2011, 09:32 AM
71-17 over Tulane.

I realize that Tulane isn't very good, but Houston is a very good team. They should be a top 5 or 6 team by bowl selection. I'm not sure how the BCS bowls select teams (I know there is a psuedo conference tie-in), but assuming we win out, and don't make the title game, what are the chances we could face them in the Fiesta?

Seems like outside of the Sugar Bowl, the Fiesta would be a good regional draw for Houston appearance.

Zero chance Houston gets a BCS bowl game...

FtwTxSooner
11/11/2011, 09:36 AM
the above statement is not true. Remember in 2009 when both TCU and Boise State were selected?

Only one non-AQ school can have a guaranteed spot. The bowls are free to select another non-AQ school as an at-large bid as they did in 2009.

deweydw
11/11/2011, 09:51 AM
http://i.imgur.com/bPS1E.gif

stoops the eternal pimp
11/11/2011, 10:07 AM
Houston has been an easy cover for me lately

yankee
11/11/2011, 03:24 PM
I think their defense (or lack thereof) will do them in at some point during the season. It always does.

NormanPride
11/11/2011, 05:25 PM
They and Bois Estate should play for it all in the WhoCares MNC game brought to you by NobodyWatchesThis Inc.

toast
11/11/2011, 05:44 PM
There are 6A teams in Oklahoma with tougher schedules than Houston.

8timechamps
11/11/2011, 05:45 PM
Zero chance Houston gets a BCS bowl game...

How do you figure? Sure, they could lose to Tulsa, but if not....then they will be well inside the top 10. TCU and BSU have done it...why not Houston?

8timechamps
11/11/2011, 05:46 PM
There are 6A teams in Oklahoma with tougher schedules than Houston.

Didn't we think pretty much the same thing in '07 about Boise? Just sayin...

toast
11/11/2011, 05:50 PM
And people thought Hawaii could hang with Georgia

I may be wrong, but Houston has played 2 teams with winning records (UCLA & ?) and their records are 5-4. Let's see what happens in Tulsa, the Golden Hurricane may not win but it should be a good game.

8timechamps
11/11/2011, 05:52 PM

Touche.

I'm not defending Tulsa's schedule strength (by any stretch), but they certainly haven't had anyone play them close. Kinda what I think a team like OU would do if our schedule was so weak.

toast
11/11/2011, 05:58 PM
Touche.

I'm not defending Tulsa's schedule strength (by any stretch), but they certainly haven't had anyone play them close. Kinda what I think a team like OU would do if our schedule was so weak.

Understood, and Houston may be that good - it just would be nice to have seen them against a quality opponent.

8timechamps
11/11/2011, 06:04 PM
Understood, and Houston may be that good - it just would be nice to have seen them against a quality opponent.

The two teams you mentioned were UCLA and LaTech. Both teams did play them close (so, there goes my argument). They have blown out their last four or five opponents, but level of competition does have something to do with that. The game with Tulsa will tell me a little more about them

stoops the eternal pimp
11/11/2011, 06:29 PM

That was a double digit spread in favor of Georgia in that game...I'm sure a handful of people did, but most didn't.

StoopTroup
11/11/2011, 06:40 PM
Aloha!

toast
11/11/2011, 06:53 PM
That was a double digit spread in favor of Georgia in that game...I'm sure a handful of people did, but most didn't.

yep, my intent wasn't that is was widespread belief, just that there were some who thought they belonged in a BCS bowl simply because of their record.

Breadburner
11/11/2011, 07:48 PM
I loved Georgia **** stomping Hawaii.....

8timechamps
11/11/2011, 07:57 PM
I loved Georgia **** stomping Hawaii.....

Why do you hate Hawaii?

Why do you hate America?

BlownGP
11/11/2011, 08:40 PM
Touche.

Hey, if Houston keeps winning. Tulsa would have just played a couple less ranked teams then us. and more then Bozo State.

Tulsa might be there toughest opponent, but if they cant stop our Offense or little brother. I dont see them stopping Houston’s.

8timechamps
11/11/2011, 11:18 PM
Hey, if Houston keeps winning. Tulsa would have just played a couple less ranked teams then us. and more then Bozo State.

Tulsa might be there toughest opponent, but if they cant stop our Offense or little brother. I dont see them stopping Houston’s.

I think it'll be an interesting match-up, just because Tulsa has to have grown a lot this season. I think Houston's offense could put points on any team in the country, but not sure sure their defense is up to the task.

Jason Alexander
11/12/2011, 02:53 PM
Dont forget, Houston will also have to play Southern Miss in the conference championship. Too bad Fedora couldnt beat Marshall earlier in the season so it could be a battle of the unbeatens.