PDA

View Full Version : raiders chargers

SanJoaquinSooner
11/10/2011, 10:45 PM
it's a good game tonight.

kevpks
11/10/2011, 10:47 PM
That rule on that TD catch is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. If a defender is out of bounds and touches a ball that a receiver is catching the pass is incomplete? Stupid rule.

8timechamps
11/10/2011, 11:11 PM
That rule on that TD catch is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. If a defender is out of bounds and touches a ball that a receiver is catching the pass is incomplete? Stupid rule.

I had never heard that rule. Makes no sense. I don't even understand the spirit of the rule.

The Chargers got the TD anyway, but this ones going to come down to the end.

sooner59
11/11/2011, 12:14 AM
I really messed up by starting Ryan Mathews and leaving Michael Bush on the bench.

8timechamps
11/11/2011, 12:16 AM
I really messed up by starting Ryan Mathews and leaving Michael Bush on the bench.

He's an old-school type runner. Get yards any way you can. I probably would have done the same thing though, KC has been all over the map on defense this year.

Blue
11/11/2011, 12:41 AM
Mike Bush killed my Vincent Jackson.

Otherwise i was stuck in 200-never when NFL network aired on my local cable.

Frozen Sooner
11/11/2011, 03:07 AM
If a player who is out of bounds touches an unpossessed ball, the ball is dead--it's an illegal touch. Plain and simple. Since the receiver didn't have possession, when the defensive player touched the ball, it was dead.

CowboyMRW
11/11/2011, 03:20 AM
Michael Bush put up 30.5 on my fantasy team today.

Mississippi Sooner
11/11/2011, 08:26 AM
I can't believe how many announcers keep marveling over what Carson Palmer is doing. I mean, yeah, it's impressive that he is able to do this after such a short amount of time with the team, but they act like he hasn't been doing anything but sitting on the couch eating Fritos for the past year. Hue Jackson has known Palmer since he was in high school. He wouldn't have wanted to pick him up if he didn't know his work ethic and that he would be in playing shape.

kevpks
11/11/2011, 08:50 AM
If a player who is out of bounds touches an unpossessed ball, the ball is dead--it's an illegal touch. Plain and simple. Since the receiver didn't have possession, when the defensive player touched the ball, it was dead.

If it's an "illegal touch" was there a penalty on the defense? I don't recall there being one but I might have missed that.

Frozen Sooner
11/11/2011, 12:55 PM
An illegal touch isn't necessarily a penalty. For example, when the kicking team is the first to touch a punted ball, that's an illegal touch as well.