PDA

View Full Version : Colin Powell

StoopTroup
11/10/2011, 09:52 PM
Interview with Piers Morgan. One of my favorite people of our time. I like the way he resolves issues. He does his own homework and never takes a position until its time to make the decision. He doesn't seem to avoid making a decision but he seems to make it the day it is time instead of getting trapped into signing an agreement with someone that would force him to break a promise.

I like his style and believe many Current and Future Politicians would do well to listen to his advice and avoid joining conservative, moderate or liberal groups of Politicians who are pathetically trapped from signing agreements with groups who trap them all into positions that can't change in order to negoaite what's best instead of being forced to do nothing because of their own personal agendas.

Sometimes our Founding Fathers had to give up on smaller problems in order to put our Country in a position to fix its largest and most pressing problems.

Our Leaders need to truly reform themselves and that means all of them.

Serge Ibaka
11/10/2011, 09:55 PM
I agree. I respect Powell a lot--I think that he's sincere and thoughtful.

I watched him speak at OU when I was a freshman. That was neat.

soonercruiser
11/10/2011, 11:05 PM
No respect for Collin Powell here, since being black became more important that doing the best thing for the country and economy.
Or, was HE fooled that easily too?

But, I do respect his service to the country!
I had high hopes....until he went to the "dark side".
:uncomfortableness:

soonercoop1
11/11/2011, 08:08 AM
Used to respect him until he showed his true colors...not so much anymore...

Trophy Husband
11/11/2011, 03:50 PM
couldn't see past the color black when push came to shove.

cleller
11/11/2011, 05:34 PM
I'll take Schwarzkoph over Powell. We're running out of guys that get things done.

I guess lots of Republicans will always hate him for endorsing Obama. From what I've read, part of it was specifically because he didn't feel comfortable with Palin as VP. That I can understand, as I was a big McCain supporter, but don't like Palin.
Whether or not he let race influence him y'all can argue. I just think he's ultra serious and had to speak his mind. I wish he'd hadn't, he'd go down in my memory a little better.

At any rate, at least he's no Barney Frank or Charlie Rangel.

Trophy Husband
11/11/2011, 05:40 PM
From what I've read, part of it was specifically because he didn't feel comfortable with Palin as VP.

and you believe that?

Serge Ibaka
11/11/2011, 07:00 PM
and you believe that?

Well, it is considerably believable. Palin is just awful.

cleller
11/11/2011, 09:43 PM
and you believe that?

Yes.

Colin Powell said this on 10-18-2008 on Meet The Press regarding Palin: "now that we have had a chance to watch her for some seven weeks, I don't believe she's ready to be president of the United States, which is the job of the vice president."

That is why I believe it.

I am a conservative, but I just don't believe that Palin has the intelligence or experience necessary to serve at such a high level. It pained me greatly that McCain, who I admire, selected her.

soonercruiser
11/11/2011, 09:51 PM
and you believe that?

He's another woman hater, probably!

soonercoop1
11/12/2011, 10:52 AM
I'll take Schwarzkoph over Powell. We're running out of guys that get things done.

I guess lots of Republicans will always hate him for endorsing Obama. From what I've read, part of it was specifically because he didn't feel comfortable with Palin as VP. That I can understand, as I was a big McCain supporter, but don't like Palin.
Whether or not he let race influence him y'all can argue. I just think he's ultra serious and had to speak his mind. I wish he'd hadn't, he'd go down in my memory a little better.

At any rate, at least he's no Barney Frank or Charlie Rangel.

You are the first person I have seen to acknowledge he was a big McCain supporter....did not know that they existed...

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/12/2011, 12:46 PM
and you believe that?Could have been Ronnie Reagan reincarnated as the VP choice for McCain, and Powell woulda voted for the Obearack. Disgraceful, Gen. Powell.

11/12/2011, 12:48 PM
You are the first person I have seen to acknowledge he was a big McCain supporter....did not know that they existed...Back during the R primaries in '08, there were several on this board who professed their support for McCain.(long before he chose Palin as his running mate)

11/12/2011, 12:56 PM
I am a conservative, but I just don't believe that Palin has the INTELLIGENCE or EXPERIENCE necessary to serve at such a high level. It pained me greatly that McCain, who I admire, selected her.how sad for you , that you bought into the Liberal wet dream of people buying their characterization of her that way. She's obviously bright and conservative. Her leadership experience as an effective and revered state governor, compared to Obear or Biden, is such an obvious choice as to wonder WTF you are talking about.

cleller
11/12/2011, 02:35 PM
how sad for you , that you bought into the Liberal wet dream of people buying their characterization of her that way. She's obviously bright and conservative. Her leadership experience as an effective and revered state governor, compared to Obear or Biden, is such an obvious choice as to wonder WTF you are talking about.

Yep, was a huge McCain supporter, and was pissed off at the way George W. took that gloves off and attacked him, then referred to him as "a buddy".
As for Obama, I never said I supported him. I did not vote for him. Biden is goofy, but is at least experienced in federal government.

Palin? She didn't have much experience as a governor in Alaska, in reality. (18 months or so?) If she was such as obvious choice as VP, why was there the avalanche of disbelief when he chose her? Had you heard her name before? If you can watch her, and feel she would be fit to serve as President, I can only wonder if you are being honest with yourself. McCain would probably have been a fine president, but not a good chess player.

JohnnyMack
11/12/2011, 03:58 PM
Politics in America has been reduced to one side performing character assassination on the other and making every effort at protecting their own entrenched interests. There's no leadership anymore.

11/12/2011, 04:02 PM
Politics in America has been reduced to one side performing character assassination on the other and making every effort at protecting their own entrenched interests. There's no leadership anymore.Ah, the moral equivalence card...not a surprise.

Serge Ibaka
11/12/2011, 04:03 PM
Ah, the moral equivalence card...not a surprise.

Ah, the reduce any statement to a card card...not a surprise.

11/12/2011, 04:17 PM
Ah, the reduce any statement to a card card...not a surprise.Your bag of Lib gag reflexes is easy to identify, ya know?

StoopTroup
11/12/2011, 04:18 PM
RMIMC has been in denial about Palin for awhile. It's why it's pretty obvious that neither he nor Cruiser can get past the fact that the '08 Election has been over for 3 years.

You only need look at Cruiser's Response about Colin Powell to immediately see what a bigot he is.

I think Powell has a very good grip on reality that many Americans do not right now. He understood the mistakes that were made in Bush's 2nd Term and politely stepped out of the way.

Like Johnny Mack just said....We are in need of a leader right now. The only thing I'll add is that we are in need of many Leaders right now. It's not one Man's Fault and it will take more than one Leader to turn things around. The last two Majority (I almost cringe to call them leaders) Leaders have both allowed our two Political Party's to do exactly what Johnny said in Post 16.

11/12/2011, 04:41 PM
RMIMC has been in denial about Palin for awhile. It's why it's pretty obvious that neither he nor Cruiser can get past the fact that the '08 Election has been over for 3 years.

You only need look at Cruiser's Response about Colin Powell to immediately see what a bigot he is.

I think Powell has a very good grip on reality that many Americans do not right now. He understood the mistakes that were made in Bush's 2nd Term and politely stepped out of the way.

Like Johnny Mack just said....We are in need of a leader right now. The only thing I'll add is that we are in need of many Leaders right now. It's not one Man's Fault and it will take more than one Leader to turn things around. The last two Majority (I almost cringe to call them leaders) Leaders have both allowed our two Political Party's to do exactly what Johnny said in Post 16.Carter, back when he was president, said he thought the job was too big for one person...

StoopTroup
11/12/2011, 05:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p32OC97aNqc

soonercruiser
11/12/2011, 10:14 PM

said in Post 16.

So, for the second time in two days, Stoop resorts to character attacks!
You don't know me, Stoop! You are the bigot!
I have posted my personal history (mostly on the OUI) with a lot of "colored" friends (all colors BTW) over the years in the military.
I even supported Powell for quite a while, until he started compromising his values (like McLame); then eventually sold out to the plantation the last general election.
(I think that he stared at himself too long in the moirror, and finally realized that he was black.)

What is obvious about Stoop and like moderates is, they think that "moderates" make the only good leaders, since they are willing to compromise their values!
:hopelessness:
Having luke warm, moderate leaders results in the problems that we are now suffering from in this country.

YOU, Stoop, are the bigot against anyone who has strong values and opinions; or opinions other than yours.
Sorry, we have to diss your buddy Colin Powel.

By the way....I really like Herman Cain, like I used to like Colin Powell.
We will have to see about Herman too.

cleller
11/12/2011, 10:29 PM
Carter, back when he was president, said he thought the job was too big for one person...

It was obviously too big for Carter.

diverdog
11/12/2011, 11:01 PM
Yep, was a huge McCain supporter, and was pissed off at the way George W. took that gloves off and attacked him, then referred to him as "a buddy".
As for Obama, I never said I supported him. I did not vote for him. Biden is goofy, but is at least experienced in federal government.

Palin? She didn't have much experience as a governor in Alaska, in reality. (18 months or so?) If she was such as obvious choice as VP, why was there the avalanche of disbelief when he chose her? Had you heard her name before? If you can watch her, and feel she would be fit to serve as President, I can only wonder if you are being honest with yourself. McCain would probably have been a fine president, but not a good chess player.

Ditto. I wrote a number of checks to the McCain campaign and I have read several of his books. The man lost my vote by picking Palin.

JohnnyMack
11/13/2011, 08:08 AM
Ah, the moral equivalence card...not a surprise.

?

Do you even know what you're talking about or do you just say words?

cleller
11/13/2011, 08:27 AM
Ditto. I wrote a number of checks to the McCain campaign and I have read several of his books. The man lost my vote by picking Palin.

You obviously liked him even more than me.

diverdog
11/13/2011, 09:33 AM

I probably do. He is a hero of mine even to this day. People have no idea what that man went through for our country.

When I was young I grew up during the Vietnam War and my first bit of activism was to go around our community and collect signatures demanding human treatment for our POW's. What sparked me to do it was a display I saw of a tiger cage with a dummy in a flight suit with ankle irons and handcuffs. Our guys lived for years in those cages and it really affected me.

My dad was a pilot in Vietnam and a lot of his friends were either shot down, killed or captured during the war. So I knew a number of POW's and all of them spoke highly of McCain.

I kind of wish he would retire and go out with some dignity.

My vote for Obama was one of those votes where you hold your nose and push the voting button. Hillary would have been my second choice after McCain.

soonercoop1
11/13/2011, 09:45 AM

You act like federal government experience is a good thing....just like bipartisanship and moderation won't fix America's problems but are the root cause-----federal government experience is also the problem...

diverdog
11/13/2011, 10:28 AM
You act like federal government experience is a good thing....just like bipartisanship and moderation won't fix America's problems but are the root cause-----federal government experience is also the problem...

Coop:

You have to have bipartisanship or the government will fail. Strict ideologues on either side will ruin this nation.

soonercoop1
11/13/2011, 11:47 AM
Coop:

You have to have bipartisanship or the government will fail. Strict ideologues on either side will ruin this nation.

DD the reason we have these problems is because of RINO Repubs bipartisanship with liberal/progressive Dems and that has allowed the growth of this giant over-reaching federal government with trillions in debt and unfunded mandates...this country desperately needs the strict ideology of the founding fathers which is conservative in nature...we defintely do not need anymore moderate fence-sitters...we need leaders with backbone and very little government experience...

JohnnyMack
11/13/2011, 11:53 AM
DD the reason we have these problems is because of RINO Repubs bipartisanship with liberal/progressive Dems and that has allowed the growth of this giant over-reaching federal government with trillions in debt and unfunded mandates...this country desperately needs the strict ideology of the founding fathers which is conservative in nature...we defintely do not need anymore moderate fence-sitters...we need leaders with backbone...

You should read Founding Brothers and American Creation by Ellis if you think the founders didn't recognize the need for two parties pulling against each other. Two party politics doesn't have to mean a lack of maturity and compromise.

cleller
11/13/2011, 04:36 PM

Not trying to romanticize federal legislators, just suggest that Biden was a more reasonable choice for Obama than Palin was for McCain. Mayor of a town of 7,000 and a partial term as governor of Alaska (700k) just doesn't seem like sound preparation for Vice President.
Like I said, Biden is a goof, I don't think he'd vapor-lock if thrust into the Presidency somehow.

BU BEAR
11/13/2011, 08:42 PM
Like I said, Biden is a goof, I don't think he'd vapor-lock if thrust into the Presidency somehow.

Biden vapor locks addressing his peers in the Senate. He should not have been allowed to graduate law school, much less have been elected to the Senate and selected as VP.
---------------

On the thread's topic, I had more respect for Powell before he accepted a Jaguar vehicle from the Saudis.

soonercruiser
11/13/2011, 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by diverdog

Even I wasn't that dumb!
His captures apparently took something important (the fight) out of him.

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2011, 12:37 AM
So, for the second time in two days, Stoop resorts to character attacks!
You don't know me, Stoop! You are the bigot!
I have posted my personal history (mostly on the OUI) with a lot of "colored" friends (all colors BTW) over the years in the military.
I even supported Powell for quite a while, until he started compromising his values (like McLame); then eventually sold out to the plantation the last general election.
(I think that he stared at himself too long in the moirror, and finally realized that he was black.)

What is obvious about Stoop and like moderates is, they think that "moderates" make the only good leaders, since they are willing to compromise their values!
:hopelessness:
Having luke warm, moderate leaders results in the problems that we are now suffering from in this country.

YOU, Stoop, are the bigot against anyone who has strong values and opinions; or opinions other than yours.
Sorry, we have to diss your buddy Colin Powel.

By the way....I really like Herman Cain, like I used to like Colin Powell.
We will have to see about Herman too.

Have you sold that piece of **** PT Cruiser yet?

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2011, 12:39 AM
I want some conservative or Liberal or Moderate to point to one person that can lead this nation right now?

We don't need a typical politician. We need a ****ing leader!

And frankly, we do not have anyone that is currently running that is a leader. We have a bunch of freaking politicians that care only for their back pocket and not this country's citizens!

soonercruiser
11/14/2011, 02:05 PM
What are you doing on a Sooner fans forum?
Apparently you hate everything "Sooner".

Tulsa_Fireman
11/14/2011, 03:00 PM
I had Colin Powell's baby.

soonercruiser
11/14/2011, 10:22 PM
Please call Gloria Allred!
I believe that is her MO!

11/15/2011, 01:17 AM
?

Do you even know what you're talking about or do you just say words?moral equivalence between freedom and authoritarianism, followed by the stupid card. SLICK MOVE, GUY!