PDA

View Full Version : Paterno GONE!

Pages : 1 2 [3]

stoops the eternal pimp
11/11/2011, 10:15 AM
McQueary being painted as a victim now...Great plan Penn State

OULenexaman
11/11/2011, 10:23 AM
So he vanished 7 years after he dismissed the case. Lots of time in that 7 years for someone else to be pizzed off and take him out. I happen to think that his disappearance has nothing to do with the Penn State deal. But hey, I could be wrong. In 02 to 04 it was getting new legs again.....and NOTHING was being done....AGAIN!!! Taking off my foil hat now.

FaninAma
11/11/2011, 11:08 AM
http://gma.yahoo.com/penn-state-scandal-mother-alleged-victim-says-son-082520374.html?ugccmtnav=v1%2Fcomments%2Fcontext%2 F10be7593-e963-31ce-b66a-f9413298678a%2Fcomments%3Fcount%3D20%26sortBy%3Dla test

And yet another state entity that failed these victims in 2005. According to this the school was allowing Sandusky to pull this kid out of school without his mother's permission. And a wrestlung coach witnessed inappropriate contact between Sandusky and the victim at the school.

Who failed worse......the school, its teachers and administration or Paterno? It doesn't seem from the story they made a report to CPS....they simpy barred Sandusky from the school.

OULenexaman
11/11/2011, 11:37 AM
all of that was in the GJ report.....have you read it?

Widescreen
11/11/2011, 11:45 AM
I hope everyone responsible for the travesty is held accountable from the school to the police to the DA's office. I understand starting with the people closest to the situation and am in agreement with it. I do hope that it doesn't stop there, though.

What I don't understand is how McQueary is still employed. How can anyone walk in on what he saw and then walk away? As an adult, YOU HAVE TO INTERVENE IMMEDIATELY. That poor kid was being assaulted and McQueary just let it happen. I'll allow for a few seconds of shock but after that, you knock the perp down.

OULenexaman
11/11/2011, 11:51 AM
probably because redheaded males are normally pussies.....not all....but the majority.....I never lost a fight to a red head.....but I lost many a fights.

badger
11/11/2011, 11:52 AM

As a fellow semi-ginger kid, this guy would not be able to hide on Saturday with his distinctive red Weasley hair. No wonder Penn State wants him to disappear.

FaninAma
11/11/2011, 12:07 PM
all of that was in the GJ report.....have you read it?

I didn't see the part that the mother claimed the school didn't have her permission to let Sandusky take her son out of school in the report.

My point is that there are a LOT of people that failed these kids as bad or worse than Paterno did. If you are going to hammer Paterno for this then hammer everbody else who commited the same or worse errors in judgement.

Personally, I think there is somebody even more powerful that is being protected in this fiasco that is either connected to Penn State, 2nd Mile or the state governmemt of Pennsylvania. Paterno is a diversion in my paranoid opinion.
Child molesters just don't stay out on the streets as long as Sandusky did unless they have some powerful connections......more powerful than knowing a famous college football coach.

I would like to know more about 2nd Mile, personally.

olevetonahill
11/11/2011, 12:22 PM
Ill agree with you on one thing
The whole dayum bunch should run out of town on a rail AFTER being tarred and feathered

OULenexaman
11/11/2011, 12:32 PM
I think some of us should hook up.....have a few beers and take a road trip. Like the movie...Next of Kin.

OULenexaman
11/11/2011, 12:35 PM
I didn't see the part that the mother claimed the school didn't have her permission to let Sandusky take her son out of school in the report.

My point is that there are a LOT of people that failed these kids as bad or worse than Paterno did. If you are going to hammer Paterno for this then hammer everbody else who commited the same or worse errors in judgement.

Personally, I think there is somebody even more powerful that is being protected in this fiasco that is either connected to Penn State, 2nd Mile or the state governmemt of Pennsylvania. Paterno is a diversion in my paranoid opinion.
Child molesters just don't stay out on the streets as long as Sandusky did unless they have some powerful connections......more powerful than knowing a famous college football coach.

I would like to know more about 2nd Mile, personally. 2nd mile board members...

The Second Mile -- "providing children with help and hope" ... JoePa + Sandusky
OUR TEAM
Board of Directors: Honorary Board

John R. Cappelletti - Retired PSU & NFL Football Player, Heisman Trophy Winner

R. R. M. Carpenter, III - Former Owner, Philadelphia Phillies

James E. Ford - Retired Vice President, Kmart

William A. Gettig - President, Gettig Technologies, Inc.

Jack Ham - Retired NFL Player, Pittsburgh Steelers, Hall of Fame

Franco Harris - Retired NFL Player, Pittsburgh Steelers, Hall of Fame

Lou Holtz - Retired Football Coach, Sportscaster, and Motivational Speaker

Dr. Bryce Jordan - Retired, Pennsylvania State University President

Willi Maier - President, Omni Plastics, Inc.

Matt Millen - ESPN Football Analyst

Arnold D. Palmer - President, Arnold Palmer Enterprises

Joseph V. Paterno - Head Football Coach, Pennsylvania State University

Andy Reid - Head Football Coach, Philadelphia Eagles

Dr. John Reidell - General Surgeon, Past Second Mile Board President

Cal Ripken, Jr. - Former ML Baseball Shortstop, President & CEO of Ripken Baseball, Inc.

Dominic Toscani - Owner & President, Paris Business Forms

Richard Vermeil - Retired NFL Head Coach, (Kansas City Chiefs, St. Louis Rams, Philadelphia Eagles)

Mark Wahlberg - Actor, Rapper, and Film & TV Producer

Verne Willaman - Retired Chairman and President, Ortho Pharmaceutical Corp.

Quentin Wood - Retired Chairman and CEO, Quaker State Oil Refining Corp.

Richard A. Zimmerman - Retired Chairman of the Board, Hershey Foods

cccasooner2
11/11/2011, 12:38 PM

McQueary should have made arrangements with Sandusky to share the 10-yr old and made the little guy their sex slave. We would never have known about any of this and there would never have been a verifiable paper trail leading to Sandusky, the university, Paterno, or any of the others.

OULenexaman
11/11/2011, 12:45 PM
a bit over the edge.....

JohnnyMack
11/11/2011, 01:02 PM

I would like to know more about 2nd Mile, personally.

All in due time.

Your protection of JoePa through all this still befuddles me.

OU4189
11/11/2011, 01:03 PM
I haven't checked the thread to see if this has been posted...if so please delete

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/11/franco-harris-blasts-joepas-firing/

Franco Harris blasts JoePa’s firing
Posted by John Taylor on November 11, 2011, 11:29 AM EST

After playing for Joe Paterno from 1969-1971, Franco Harris has remained staunchly loyal to his former head coach in the ensuing decades.

Despite the circumstances surrounding Paterno’s firing late Wednesday night, the former Nittany Lion and Pittsburgh Steelers running back, Harris remains a very vocal supporter of the former head coach. In fact, Harris may be even more resolute now in that support than he was prior to the events that came to light exactly a week ago today.

In an interview with Kevin Gorman of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, the NFL Hall of Famer blasted his alma mater’s Board of Trustees for their decision to fire Paterno. In Harris’ mind, the decision amounted to nothing more than making Paterno a scapegoat for a deeper institutional issue.

“I feel that the board made a bad decision in letting Joe Paterno go,” Harris told the Tribune-Review. “I’m very disappointed in their decision. I thought they showed no courage, not to back someone who really needed it at the time. They were saying the football program under Joe was at fault.

“They really wouldn’t give a reason. They’re linking the football program to the scandal and, possibly, the cover up. That’s very disturbing to me. … I think there should be no connection to the football program, only in the case that it happened at the football building with an ex-coach. I’m still trying to find out who gave him access to the building, who signed that contract.”

Harris also questioned those who have stated Paterno and others had a moral obligation to go beyond the letter of the law and report the sexual abuse of a child, including the Pennsylvania state police commissioner.

“When I heard that, it blew my mind,” Harris said. “Why would they bring the moral into the legal? Now, everyone gets to interpret in their own way. That’s what really bothers me: Joe did what was right for him to do. He forwarded the information to his superiors. That’s the legal procedure at Penn State.

“If I had to choose today between the moral integrity and character of Joe Paterno and the politicians and commentators criticizing him, I would pick Joe Paterno, hands down, no contest every time.”

Harris is free to parse the legal and moral obligations of all who had knowledge of the allegations, but we’re guessing that the eight — or more — alleged victims would have a different interpretation.

There’s nothing wrong with supporting your former coach, especially one as storied as Paterno. There’s also nothing wrong with stating that, based on the information contained in the grand jury’s report, he’s culpable morally for sitting down when he should’ve been standing up for the victims. Hell, even the coach himself recognizes that.

“I wish I had done more,” Paterno said in a statement announcing, before his firing, his retirement at season’s end.

Even hallowed legends have lapses in judgment, with the lapse in this case setting off a string of unintended but nonetheless tragic consequences for children who might have been kept from becoming victims of an alleged pedophile. If Harris can’t see that, well, that’s on him and his blind loyalty.

IronHorseSooner
11/11/2011, 01:04 PM
2nd mile board members...

The Second Mile -- "providing children with help and hope" ... JoePa + Sandusky
OUR TEAM
Board of Directors: Honorary Board

John R. Cappelletti - Retired PSU & NFL Football Player, Heisman Trophy Winner

R. R. M. Carpenter, III - Former Owner, Philadelphia Phillies

James E. Ford - Retired Vice President, Kmart

William A. Gettig - President, Gettig Technologies, Inc.

Jack Ham - Retired NFL Player, Pittsburgh Steelers, Hall of Fame

Franco Harris - Retired NFL Player, Pittsburgh Steelers, Hall of Fame

Lou Holtz - Retired Football Coach, Sportscaster, and Motivational Speaker

Dr. Bryce Jordan - Retired, Pennsylvania State University President

Willi Maier - President, Omni Plastics, Inc.

Matt Millen - ESPN Football Analyst

Arnold D. Palmer - President, Arnold Palmer Enterprises

Joseph V. Paterno - Head Football Coach, Pennsylvania State University

Andy Reid - Head Football Coach, Philadelphia Eagles

Dr. John Reidell - General Surgeon, Past Second Mile Board President

Cal Ripken, Jr. - Former ML Baseball Shortstop, President & CEO of Ripken Baseball, Inc.

Dominic Toscani - Owner & President, Paris Business Forms

Richard Vermeil - Retired NFL Head Coach, (Kansas City Chiefs, St. Louis Rams, Philadelphia Eagles)

Verne Willaman - Retired Chairman and President, Ortho Pharmaceutical Corp.

Quentin Wood - Retired Chairman and CEO, Quaker State Oil Refining Corp.

Richard A. Zimmerman - Retired Chairman of the Board, Hershey Foods

Holy Carp! Who isn't on that list? They have LEGENDS and powerbrokers from all walks of life on there. There are pro HOFers in the NFL, MLB, and the PGA; ESPN commentators; entertainers; business moguls; NFL folks; etc. No wonder there was damn coverup!

olevetonahill
11/11/2011, 01:05 PM
All in due time.

Ditto

BeaSooner
11/11/2011, 01:10 PM
http://gma.yahoo.com/penn-state-scandal-mother-alleged-victim-says-son-082520374.html?ugccmtnav=v1%2Fcomments%2Fcontext%2 F10be7593-e963-31ce-b66a-f9413298678a%2Fcomments%3Fcount%3D20%26sortBy%3Dla test

And yet another state entity that failed these victims in 2005. According to this the school was allowing Sandusky to pull this kid out of school without his mother's permission. And a wrestlung coach witnessed inappropriate contact between Sandusky and the victim at the school.

Who failed worse......the school, its teachers and administration or Paterno? It doesn't seem from the story they made a report to CPS....they simpy barred Sandusky from the school.

Geesus - they all failed. No one is arguing that. Would you stfu about Paterno?

Penguin
11/11/2011, 01:13 PM
What is this talk about the "chain of command" BS? If a teacher suspects abuse, call 911. If an assistant coach suspects abuse, call 911.

Forget the mother****ing chain of god damn command!!! My only chain of command is 911. And if they don't do anything in a timely manner, I'll call the state police. After that, call the national guard. Call the FBI. Call the media.

But, "just tell your superior and he'll take care of it" is absolute bull**** and should never, EVER be in any SOP anywhere in the country, civilian or military. Suspect even a hint of abuse, CALL 911.

Widescreen
11/11/2011, 01:19 PM
This list of board members is amazing in terms of the names that are there. But this made me giggle:

Feel the vibrations!!!!!

Penguin
11/11/2011, 01:20 PM
Aw, boo hoo. A teacher suspects abuse, so they have to go tell the principal and politely ask him to look into the matter. Maybe, if we all cross our fingers, he might contact his superiors some time in the next 3 years and they will maybe notify their superiors someday.....

We must keep our beloved and precious CHAIN OF COMMAND!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, keep the overpaid, under-worked morons informed first. The pencil pushers rule the world!

Yeah, the chain of command BS really pisses me off.

delhalew
11/11/2011, 01:28 PM
Aw, boo hoo. A teacher suspects abuse, so they have to go tell the principal and politely ask him to look into the matter. Maybe, if we all cross our fingers, he might contact his superiors some time in the next 3 years and they will maybe notify their superiors someday.....

We must keep our beloved and precious CHAIN OF COMMAND!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, keep the overpaid, under-worked morons informed first. The pencil pushers rule the world!

Thank you. Chain of command is an instrumentality conceived for the sole purpose of allowing us to abdicate personal responsibility for what happens around us. The more we buy it, the less human we become.

BeaSooner
11/11/2011, 01:41 PM
I think it is a shame that policy, procedure, and chain-of-command is being so heavily argued. If you can no longer think for yourself when you see a crime being committed, especially to a child, then I question your ability to function in society as a whole - that is, unless you have someone that tells you every move to make when not on the clock. **** policy. McCreary and Paterno are cowards. A true man is judged by his actions when it really matters. There was likely not one other instance in their lives where they could have made a more significant difference in someone else's. They blew it. And they had 9+ years to think about it and still did nothing.

Penguin
11/11/2011, 01:48 PM
You know this story is going to get a lot worse. The average sex predator has over 100 victims before they are caught. A child molester doesn't just start molesting at the age of 60. I'm sure there are dozens of victims that we'll never know about because they just don't want to re-open that wound.

Sandusky better enjoy his time out on bail because I have no doubt that he will live out the rest of his life in prison.

picasso
11/11/2011, 01:49 PM
Quiet peons!

delhalew
11/11/2011, 01:54 PM
Sandusky better enjoy his time out on bail because I have no doubt that he will live out the rest of his life in prison.

Don't forget the one saving grace of our prison system. If the guards are willing to take a coffee break, the inmates would be more than happy to give him the molester special.

sjr-sooner
11/11/2011, 01:56 PM
Fellow Sooner Alums and Fans - I've got a favor to ask of you all...

A good friend of mine, Jerry Needel - a 1998 Penn State graduate, is trying to do something positive in light of the terrible situation that has transpired on the PSU campus.

Like all of us Jerry and his wife Jaimie are shocked by the allegations and the events of the past week. Most of the attention has been paid to the coaches and administrators involved and Jerry and Jaimie want to focus more attention and support to where it belongs and that is the alleged victims. They have issued a challenge to Penn State alumni and fan base to support these victims.

Here is a quote from Jerry:

"After having so closely identified with all things Penn State over the past 15 years, the recent events have shaken my beliefs - and those of other alumni - to the core. Simply put, Penn State is way bigger than the alleged actions of a few people. Will you join me in showing the world what being a proud supporter of Penn State really means by making a donation to RAINN and by adding your name to mine below?"

- Jerry Needel, Penn State '98

Jerry has made this request to the Penn State alumni and fan base and has asked that Oklahoma fans join in that support. I am confident that we as Sooners will step up to the plate and do just that. Here is the link that you can use to make your donation to the RAINN organization (Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network) to help the Penn State alumni and fan base support these victims.

http://www.rainn.org/ProudPSUforRAINN

Follow on Twitter: @ProudPSUforRAINN

Thanks in advance for your support.

Boomer!

SJR - Oklahoma '98

cccasooner2
11/11/2011, 02:30 PM
Fellow Sooner Alums and Fans -
................................Jerry has made this request to the Penn State alumni and fan base and has asked that Oklahoma fans join in that support. I am confident that we as Sooners will step up to the plate and do just that. Here is the link that you can use to make your donation to the RAINN organization (Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network) to help the Penn State alumni and fan base support these victims.

http://www.rainn.org/ProudPSUforRAINN

Follow on Twitter: @ProudPSUforRAINN

Thanks in advance for your support.

Boomer!

SJR - Oklahoma '98

PSU and all the others involved would be glad to help, but are too busy doing the right thing, namely protecting their own $$ses and spending alot doing it. The victims will be compensated with a "substantial" (wink, wink) undisclosed out-of-court settlement. Sandusky will go to jail but there will be no trial for anyone. The victims families will be happy to cooperate; after all who wants to be dragged through the mud. Children-a-risk uh huh, must have been some pretty bad parenting going on, etc, etc, etc. Defense lawyers will not allow any satisfaction from this mess other than monitary. I hope I'm wrong.

Soonerjeepman
11/11/2011, 02:48 PM

IF your comment is directed at my post, well let's say got a few words for ya..but won't say them...my post had NOTHING to do with "precious CHAIN OF COMMAND"...it had to do with good ol JoePa KNOWING something happened and did nothing more...and actually allowed the guy to use the facilities....but I understand you've never been in that position so I accept your ignorance on the issue as is.

Having taught for 22 yrs in the same building I've had my share of cases...everyone of my principals (all female btw) have supported and reported any cases that the teachers suspect. But again, since you're prob not in the education field you wouldn't know that.

Have a great day~

EDIT* Education...at the lower levels..is a lot different than a multi-million dollar D1 football program...JoPa WAS in charge...more than the president, AD or anyone else....as far as following a "chain of command"..we all know we are legally obligated (and morally) to report....it's not a "good ol boys club fraternity type" like college fball is.

My question on top of it all is HOW did he get a kid released to him WITHOUT his mother's permission...those folks ought to be in trouble as well...I know we don't do that.

MichiganSooner
11/11/2011, 03:12 PM
As far as chain of command goes, in this case, the graduate assistant coach should have screamed, "hey what the heck is going on in here?" and called the cops. Then wrestled the guy off the kid and belted him with something.

EatLeadCommie
11/11/2011, 03:15 PM
I can actually see McQueary being so appalled and disbelieving as to what he saw that he didn't take immediate physical action right there. I mean, what goes through your head when you see such a thing? Certainly there has to be a fight or flight instinct at some level, and he chose flight. It's quite possible that such nastiness would have ensued in a physical confrontation so as to result in his own death, or even the death of himself and the kid.

What I don't understand is how this never blew up into criminal charges shortly after it happened. The more I think about it, the more I think it seems pretty obvious that this was covered up. Sandusky was forced out early in exchange for the incident to be forgotten. The focus and concern wasn't placed on the kids, which it should have been, but on the people the staff and administration knew-- the wife and family of Sandusky, as well as Sandusky himself. And yet as part of this retirement, he is still allowed access to the facilities and the kids (they had no control over his access to the kids, but they certainly had control over his access to the facilities). In short, it seems like the understanding here was we'll act like this didn't happen if you promise it won't happen again.

What a colossal error in judgment from the top on down.

Widescreen
11/11/2011, 03:30 PM
I can actually see McQueary being so appalled and disbelieving as to what he saw that he didn't take immediate physical action right there. I mean, what goes through your head when you see such a thing? Certainly there has to be a fight or flight instinct at some level, and he chose flight. It's quite possible that such nastiness would have ensued in a physical confrontation so as to result in his own death, or even the death of himself and the kid.
That is horse manure. In an earlier post, I allowed a few seconds of "shock" time but after that, running away leaving the kid to his fate was flat out reprehensible. There is no valid excuse for leaving the scene.

Soonerjeepman
11/11/2011, 03:32 PM
As far as chain of command goes, in this case, the graduate assistant coach should have screamed, "hey what the heck is going on in here?" and called the cops. Then wrestled the guy off the kid and belted him with something.

agreed...but as ELC said below...fight or flight...but still I can't IMAGINE if I saw that, that I wouldn't do something..besides go call my dad..really? that's all ya did...UGH..but again, never been in that situation thank God..

It really does seem the "good ol boy fball fraternity network" was alive and well...

freshchris05
11/11/2011, 03:39 PM
Unless this is his dad. He ****ed up.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8a/Meloni_SVU_head_shot_March_2011.jpg/800px-Meloni_SVU_head_shot_March_2011.jpg

SoonerMarkVA
11/11/2011, 04:03 PM

You may be correct. But, it really comes down to this: am I willing to sacrifice a helpless child for the sake of my own assured safety. I may need a few seconds to get my wits, but if I come to the conclusion that it's worth sacrificing the child's welfare over my own, it's really despicable.

As for the kid possibly dying, I have to think any kid in that situation would pray that someone would do just about anything to make it stop. If you keep the kid's well-being in mind, and make your priority to separate the kid from the situation and then flee with him, I think you remove most of the scenarios where that may come to pass. Yes, if you instead go with an immediate and prolonged attack, you endanger the kid and yourself more.

swardboy
11/11/2011, 04:34 PM
...und ve ver only following der kommands...

What does that PSU logic remind me of?

swardboy
11/11/2011, 05:01 PM
And now it extends to Texas....

NBC, msnbc.com and news services

updated 11/11/2011 10:51:43 AM E

SAN ANTONIO, Texas (http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&where1=SAN ANTONIO, Texas&sty=h&form=msdate) — Prosecutors in Texas have opened an investigation into the possibility of filing charges against former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky, police have said.
The move comes following the release of grand jury testimony indicating Sandusky may have sexually assaulted one of his young victims when the Penn State team was in San Antonio for the 1999 Alamo Bowl.
"We are looking into the possibility that an offense may have happened in San Antonio," San Antonio Police Sergeant Chris Benavides said.
Unsealed grand jury testimony in the Sandusky case in Pennsylvania indicates that a now 27-year-old man described in the transcript as "Victim Number Four" testified he was brought to San Antonio as part of the "Sandusky family party" to watch the Nittany Lions beat Texas A&M in the 1999 Alamo Bowl.

Story: Alleged victim's mother: Son lived in fear of Sandusky (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45254478/ns/college_football/t/alleged-victims-mother-son-lived-fear-sandusky/)

The man testified that when he resisted Sandusky's advances, the coach threatened to "send him home."
On Thursday, NBC News National Investigative Correspondent Michael Isikoff reported that Joe Paterno, Penn State's longtime football coach until he was fired this week, had reached out to a prominent Washington criminal defense lawyer (http://openchannel.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/11/10/8742718-paterno-contacts-criminal-defense-lawyer-source-tells-nbc-news) to represent him in the case.
Paterno was sacked Wednesday night after it emerged in a grand jury report that one of his assistants told him in 2002 about alleged incident of sexual abuse by Sandusky. Paterno has not been charged and has been described as a cooperating witness in the case.

A source close to Paterno told Isikoff that the former coach was concerned about the possibility that Sandusky's alleged victims and their families could bring civil lawsuits against him.
Sandusky's last game
The Alamo Bowl game was Sandusky's last at Penn State, as he retired at the end of the 1999 season.
Bexar County First Assistant District Attorney Cliff Herberg said that although authorities were investigating, they did not have a lot to go on.
Video: Will Sandusky case lead to real change in college sports? (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45255919/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/#slice-2)(on this page)"All we have at this point is an allegation contained in an indictment from another jurisdiction," Herberg told Reuters Friday.
"So we have no evidence, we have no case, we have no complainant yet," he added.
Sandusky is charged in a 40-count indictment handed up in Pennsylvania, charging him with sexually abusing young boys. His lawyer has said Sandusky maintains his innocence and denies the charges.
"We will have to determine the quality of the evidence, given that it (is) from 1999, on whether we can pursue a case," Herberg said, who added that local officials will be in contact with Pennsylvania prosecutors.
"We are going to take what action we can to see if a case can be built."

cccasooner2
11/11/2011, 05:10 PM
And now it extends to Texas....
more Jerry Sandusky stuff

Does anyone know the satute of limitaions on any of this stuff?

FaninAma
11/11/2011, 05:16 PM
Does anyone know the satute of limitaions on any of this stuff?

Until the child turns 18 + 12 years after that.......so until the child turns 30.

cccasooner2
11/11/2011, 05:17 PM
Until the child turns 18 + 12 years after that.......so until the child turns 30.

Thanks.

8timechamps
11/11/2011, 05:51 PM
There should not be a statute of limitations on child molestation....like murder.

badger
11/11/2011, 06:24 PM
King backtracked a bit but not entirely:

Linky (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20111111_92_0_OKLAHO400627)

WileyCoyote
11/11/2011, 07:04 PM
At this stage, I have worked through the gamut of shock, disgust, anger, disbelief, etc etc. in this tragedy. I am sure that there is plenty more to come over the weeks, months and years ahead. Any of the possible speculative scenarios surrounding this could make the current knowledge we have seem superficial. Just when you think it is as bad as it could be, it gets worse.

However, I think it would be a positive gesture on the ‘new’ administration’s part to at least dedicate the proceeds of all ticket sales, tv revenues, parking fees, concession sales etc to a fund (or something) for the victims. Maybe the team can wear black armbands, have a moment of silence prior to kickoff…..something… At some point, the focus needs to shift beyond words at a press conference…. Hell, you have a national TV audience with ratings probably off the scale…. The candlelight vigil that the students are having is a start….. build on it, just be genuine…. What can it hurt ?

8timechamps
11/11/2011, 07:31 PM
At this stage, I have worked through the gamut of shock, disgust, anger, disbelief, etc etc. in this tragedy. I am sure that there is plenty more to come over the weeks, months and years ahead. Any of the possible speculative scenarios surrounding this could make the current knowledge we have seem superficial. Just when you think it is as bad as it could be, it gets worse.

However, I think it would be a positive gesture on the ‘new’ administration’s part to at least dedicate the proceeds of all ticket sales, tv revenues, parking fees, concession sales etc to a fund (or something) for the victims. Maybe the team can wear black armbands, have a moment of silence prior to kickoff…..something… At some point, the focus needs to shift beyond words at a press conference…. Hell, you have a national TV audience with ratings probably off the scale…. The candlelight vigil that the students are having is a start….. build on it, just be genuine…. What can it hurt ?

I'd think something like that would go a long way in getting PSU back in the right direction.

FaninAma
11/11/2011, 07:31 PM
All in due time.

I have 2 reasons for "defending" him, even though I have said multiple times he needed to resign.

1. Paterno reported what he knew to his superiors which is what everyone who works in a state agency or corporation is instructed to do. Talk to any teacher. Yes, he didn't
go the extra mile but there are several people who did less than he did and haven't been called out.

2. Paterno is being used as a sacrificial lamb and there is
somebody involved with this that is now in a powerful position that served on the Penn State BoT or 2nd Mile BoD that knew as much as Paterno but had a lot more authority to do something about it. I have heard the current governor of Pennsylvania fits scenario #1 and the current Pen
nsylvania Police Commissioner was involved with the inve
stigation of Sandusky in 1998. Admittedly the last statement is just rumor I have read from other sites that purportto represent Penn State alumni.

I don't like coverups especially when men or women in power throw subordinates to the wolves in an attempt to save themselves.

I detest politicians of all parties and I essentially feel most of them would sacrifice their own mothers if it helped the
m stay out of troube and keep their power. I also detest the corporate control of everything in this country that ena
bles these spinleless slime to hold these positions of powe
r and use the control of our political and economic systems to consolidate and increase their power. There aren't many CEOs of large corporations who wouldn't use their power to crush anybody or anything that threatened their positions.

I see Paterno's case as an example of these 2 power classes in action. He was deemed expendable.

Is that enough reasons or do you need more?

8timechamps
11/11/2011, 07:55 PM
I have 2 reasons for "defending" him, even though I have said multiple times he needed to resign.

1. Paterno reported what he knew to his superiors which is what everyone who works in a state agency or corporation is instructed to do. Talk to any teacher. Yes, he didn't
go the extra mile but there are several people who did less than he did and haven't been called out.

2. Paterno is being used as a sacrificial lamb and there is
somebody involved with this that is now in a powerful position that served on the Penn State BoT or 2nd Mile BoD that knew as much as Paterno but had a lot more authority to do something about it. I have heard the current governor of Pennsylvania fits scenario #1 and the current Pen
nsylvania Police Commissioner was involved with the inve
stigation of Sandusky in 1998. Admittedly the last statement is just rumor I have read from other sites that purportto represent Penn State alumni.

I don't like coverups especially when men or women in power throw subordinates to the wolves in an attempt to save themselves.

I detest politicians of all parties and I essentially feel most of them would sacrifice their own mothers if it helped the
m stay out of troube and keep their power. I also detest the corporate control of everything in this country that ena
bles these spinleless slime to hold these positions of power and use the control of our political and economic systems. There aren't many CEOs who wouldn't use their power to crush anybody or anything that threatened their power.

I see Paterno's case as an example of these 2 power classes in action.

Is that enough reasons or do you need more?

I think your view of this situation is much different than most of us. For instance, I've been a professional/corporate guy almost my entire adult life, and I've never known there was a chain of command for this kind of event (although, I'm sure it's been covered in many countless training videos)...however, nothing child-related would have probably ever have occured in any setting I've been in (or most of us).

I don't feel that you are protecting JoPa, just the procedure. I think the hardest part for most of us is that even though there is a "chain of command" for this type of thing, most of us would go beyond that (call it a "chain of command for life" if you will). I waiver with my opinion of McQuery, and how he chose to handle himself, but in college football (especially big time college football), the coach is always going to be on the hook for something of this magnitude. While a school administrator is guided by certain procedures, a coach at a big time program like PSU (or really, any big school), is going to be expected to "do the right thing" (being defined as what "most" people think that is). If not, then they are gone.

I get where you're coming from, however, I think your view is biased because of what you do day in and day out.

cccasooner2
11/11/2011, 08:02 PM
Hell, most of us don't have the courage to ask for directions if our GPS is taken from us. I'm not going to judge McQuery, he's the link for getting this resolved.

8timechamps
11/11/2011, 08:07 PM
Hell, most of us don't have the courage to ask for directions if our GPS is taken from us. I'm not going to judge McQuery, he's the link for getting this resolved.

That's why I waiver. Initially, I was like everyone else, thinking "why didn't the dude step in?". But, then I think it's the dudes first job in a career he wants to pursue, and Sandusky is the #2 guy in the program. I can see why he reacted (or didn't) the way he did. Doesn't make it right, just that it's plausible.

olevetonahill
11/11/2011, 08:35 PM
Ima lay Blame square on McQuerey

IF the dude was a MAN he would have Kicked someass and killed that pervert and been a HERO
Instead he is and always will be a weasel
Oh and Ive never had a GPS. Ive just always KNOWN what IS right

Appoligise for Him and paterno all you want . they both should DIAF

olevetonahill
11/11/2011, 08:38 PM
That's why I waiver. Initially, I was like everyone else, thinking "why didn't the dude step in?". But, then I think it's the dudes first job in a career he wants to pursue, and Sandusky is the #2 guy in the program. I can see why he reacted (or didn't) the way he did. Doesn't make it right, just that it's plausible.

Im sorry that makes NO ****ing sense.
Would YOU want a job that was predicated on tolerating this kind of Perverts ?
If so then all of you belong in the same group as Sandusky and the rest .

Think about it

Sooner5030
11/11/2011, 09:28 PM
did not read all 28 pages but PSU (not just the subsidiary Athletic department) has been put on review for possible negative downgrade on their debt securities.

http://www.moodys.com/research/MOODYS-PLACES-PENNSYLVANIA-STATE-UNIVERSITYS-Aa1-RATING-ON-REVIEW-FOR--PR_230899

New York, November 11, 2011 -- Moody's Investors Service has placed the Aa1 revenue bond rating of Pennsylvania State University (Penn State) on review for possible downgrade to assess credit risks emanating from the announcement this week by the Pennsylvania Attorney General of the filing of criminal charges involving child sexual abuse against a former assistant football coach, as well as perjury and failure to report charges against two senior university officials, including the CFO of the university. The university board has also dismissed Penn State's president and head football coach.

Over the next several months, Moody's will evaluate the potential scope of reputational and financial risk arising from these events. While the full impact of these increased risks will only unfold over a period of years, we will also assess the degree of near and medium term risks to determine whether to downgrade the current Aa1 rating. We will monitor possible emerging risks emanating from potential lawsuits/settlements, weaker student demand, declines in philanthropic support, changes in state relationship and significant management or governance changes.

cccasooner2
11/11/2011, 09:51 PM
did not read all 28 pages but PSU (not just the subsidiary Athletic department) has been put on review for possible negative downgrade on their debt securities.

http://www.moodys.com/research/MOODYS-PLACES-PENNSYLVANIA-STATE-UNIVERSITYS-Aa1-RATING-ON-REVIEW-FOR--PR_230899

What a surprise. :D

stoops the eternal pimp
11/11/2011, 10:43 PM
I could possibly consider giving McQueary a little slack if he would have been 17 or 18, or maybe even 21.....But 28 years old and calling his daddy to figure out the right decision after leaving the boy in danger? No pass

A Sooner in Texas
11/11/2011, 10:48 PM
Thank you. Chain of command is an instrumentality conceived for the sole purpose of allowing us to abdicate personal responsibility for what happens around us. The more we buy it, the less human we become.

Here's Texas's law about reporting child abuse. It cuts to the chase:

When You Suspect Child Abuse or Neglect:
A General Guide

We all have the responsibility to protect our children from harm. If you suspect the abuse or neglect of a child, it is your duty to report it immediately.

Dept of Family and Protective Services
TX Family Code, Chapter 261
Anyone having cause to believe that a child's physical or mental health or welfare has been or may be adversely affected by abuse or neglect MUST report the case immediately to a state or local law enforcement agency or the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS).

DFPS has a toll-free, 24-hour Family Violence Hotline: 1-800-252-5400

Your legal obligation
Current law requires that professionals such as teachers, doctors, nurses, or child daycare workers must make a verbal report within 48 hours. Failure to report suspected child abuse or neglect is a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment of up to 180 days and/or a fine of up to $2,000 (Texas Family Code, Chapter 261).

Reporting suspected child abuse to your principal, school counselor or superintendent will NOT satisfy your obligation under this law. Local school district policy cannot conflict with or supercede the state law requiring you to report child abuse to a law enforcement agency or DFPS.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/11/2011, 10:53 PM
From what my family in Pennsylvania is saying right now, McQueary may be PROTECTED from being fired by Pennsylvania's whistle blowing law..It's why they haven't made a decision yet

8timechamps
11/11/2011, 11:02 PM
Im sorry that makes NO ****ing sense.
Would YOU want a job that was predicated on tolerating this kind of Perverts ?
If so then all of you belong in the same group as Sandusky and the rest .

Think about it

Would I want that kind of job? No. Would he? Apparently.

I'm not apologizing for any of them, in fact, I hope they all rot for what they've done/not done. I'm just saying it's plausible to think of why McQuery acted the way he did. I know we'd all like to think we would have beat the **** out of Sandusky, but unless it happens, we'll not know for sure what we would have done.

And the comments about him fearing for his job were thoughts behind what may have made him act/not act. Not how I feel.

8timechamps
11/11/2011, 11:04 PM
From what my family in Pennsylvania is saying right now, McQueary may be PROTECTED from being fired by Pennsylvania's whistle blowing law..It's why they haven't made a decision yet

I've heard that too. I heard last night that it's very rare for there to be an eye-witness to a sexual abuse case, so he is very important to the prosecution.

Soonerfan88
11/11/2011, 11:05 PM

That's just idiotic. He's under the microscope because he didn't blow the whistle, not because he did. If they are going to use that excuse, then they can't fire Paterno either.

8timechamps
11/11/2011, 11:10 PM
That's just idiotic. He's under the microscope because he didn't blow the whistle, not because he did. If they are going to use that excuse, then they can't fire Paterno either.

Actually, it's not so idiotic.

Per the Business Insider:

Here's one explanation for why McQueary's the only one left: He could be protected from any employment action by Pennsylvania's whistleblower laws, according to the Patriot-News.
McQueary testified as an eye-witness to Sandusky allegedly sexually abusing a boy in 2002.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/mike-mcqueary-job-2011-11?utm_source=alerts&nr_email_referer=1#ixzz1dSdVJrZi

Read the full article here (http://www.businessinsider.com/mike-mcqueary-job-2011-11?utm_source=alerts&nr_email_referer=1)

Soonerfan88
11/11/2011, 11:20 PM
And from that article: Still, you could argue that someone can't count as a "whistleblower" if it takes them nearly a decade to tell authorities about what they saw.

And even after 9 years, he still wasn't the one who reported it. The investigation started because of accusations/reports by 'Victim 1'.

8timechamps
11/11/2011, 11:21 PM
And from that article: Still, you could argue that someone can't count as a "whistleblower" if it takes them nearly a decade to tell authorities about what they saw.

And even after 9 years, he still wasn't the one who reported it. The investigation started because of accusations/reports by 'Victim 1'.

I find it ironic that he would possibly be awarded any kind of "whistleblower" protection (if that ends up being the case), I was just saying that it's being discussed a lot.

SoonerMom2
11/12/2011, 12:12 AM
McQueary placed on leave, no longer the receivers coach, and in protective custody

http://eye-on-collegefootball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/33242449

IBleedCrimson
11/12/2011, 12:43 AM
how in the hell did this guy become a victim???? his (lackof) actions allowed more children to be victimized

olevetonahill
11/12/2011, 02:23 AM
I could possibly consider giving McQueary a little slack if he would have been 17 or 18, or maybe even 21.....But 28 years old and calling his daddy to figure out the right decision after leaving the boy in danger? No pass

Here's Texas's law about reporting child abuse. It cuts to the chase:

When You Suspect Child Abuse or Neglect:
A General Guide

We all have the responsibility to protect our children from harm. If you suspect the abuse or neglect of a child, it is your duty to report it immediately.

Dept of Family and Protective Services
TX Family Code, Chapter 261
Anyone having cause to believe that a child's physical or mental health or welfare has been or may be adversely affected by abuse or neglect MUST report the case immediately to a state or local law enforcement agency or the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS).

DFPS has a toll-free, 24-hour Family Violence Hotline: 1-800-252-5400

Your legal obligation
Current law requires that professionals such as teachers, doctors, nurses, or child daycare workers must make a verbal report within 48 hours. Failure to report suspected child abuse or neglect is a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment of up to 180 days and/or a fine of up to $2,000 (Texas Family Code, Chapter 261).

Reporting suspected child abuse to your principal, school counselor or superintendent will NOT satisfy your obligation under this law. Local school district policy cannot conflict with or supercede the state law requiring you to report child abuse to a law enforcement agency or DFPS.

Like STEP said No way I could leave a Child in that situation

As to YOU sayining . "Suspected"
Mcqueer walked in on him
So it aint "SUSPECTED"

olevetonahill
11/12/2011, 02:26 AM
Would I want that kind of job? No. Would he? Apparently.

I'm not apologizing for any of them, in fact, I hope they all rot for what they've done/not done. I'm just saying it's plausible to think of why McQuery acted the way he did. I know we'd all like to think we would have beat the **** out of Sandusky, but unless it happens, we'll not know for sure what we would have done.

And the comments about him fearing for his job were thoughts behind what may have made him act/not act. Not how I feel.

No its Not Bro
aint No thinking about what I'd DO.
Ive Killed for animals and Kids
That pervert aint got **** on ME .

olevetonahill
11/12/2011, 02:27 AM
If a MAN has to think about this
He AINT a MAN
SIMPLE

WileyCoyote
11/12/2011, 08:20 AM
He AINT a MAN
SIMPLE

Same 4 me
Basic Instinct
Bust up the guy or die tryin'
Get the Kid out of there, whatever it takes

BrotherMalcolm
11/12/2011, 09:54 AM
Everyone is scratching their heads trying to figure out why the cops weren't called, why McQ didn't put a whoopin' on JS and rescue the kid. The answer is kinda obvious: It was a COVERUP from the get go. You don't call the cops in a coverup!! Sandusky had been doing this for years, and everyone new it.

McQ walked in on the act- saw what was happening and thought "Oh hell, here we go again." He and dad went to Paterno and JoePa called the higher ups (as if) and said "OK fellas, Ol' Jer is at it again. We gotta fix this. I have the ginger and his dad on board, you do the rest."

They HAD to cover this up, most likely because PSU had been covering for JS for years.

FaninAma
11/12/2011, 09:57 AM
I think when it is all said and done we are going to find out that McQuery downplayed what he saw when he talked to Paterno and the AD because he felt guilty about not doing anything and knew he would be asked why he didn't do anything. Then, in front of the grand jury his attorney told him to tell the truth because doing anything else would result in criminal charges.

In the end McQuery, IMO, is a coward and his cowardice made the situation much worse at Penn State than it should have been.

BrotherMalcolm
11/12/2011, 11:31 AM
Meanwhile it's been a Paterno gush-fest on ESPN this am. Pooooor JoePa.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/12/2011, 11:36 AM
Sandusky..Sandusky...Sandusky....Sandusky...Sandus ky..Sandusky...Sandusky....Sandusky...Sandusky..Sa ndusky...Sandusky....Sandusky...Sandusky..Sandusky ...Sandusky....Sandusky...Sandusky..Sandusky...San dusky....Sandusky...Sandusky..Sandusky...Sandusky. ...Sandusky...

Just thought people could use a reminder on who was raping kids..

Breadburner
11/12/2011, 11:43 AM
No Kidding.....!

LiveLaughLove
11/12/2011, 11:57 AM
He AINT a MAN
SIMPLE

This a thousand times. Its just one of those things that requires no thought, just action.

No way would I have let that continue. Its not internet bravado, its just something I am positive about about myself.

I've always wondered if I were at the beach landings in WW II and it was my turn to take the satchel charge and run in open terrain with enemies firing, would I be brave enough to. I don't know. I would like to think I would, but I would be petrified. So I'm not sure that I wouldn't just pee my pants and stay in a fetal position.

But that's not this. I have 12 children. I KNOW what I would have done to that man. We would have needed the police (the REAL police) and possibly the coroner.

cleller
11/12/2011, 12:10 PM
Make them shut up, stop crying all over the place and play football!

You'd think Pearl Harbor had just happened.

LiveLaughLove
11/12/2011, 12:11 PM
Make them shut up, stop crying all over the place and play football!

You'd think Pearl Harbor had just happened.

Agreed. They are talking about healing, but it looks more like defiance to me.

Blue
11/12/2011, 12:54 PM
Sandusky..Sandusky...Sandusky....Sandusky...Sandus ky..Sandusky...Sandusky....Sandusky...Sandusky..Sa ndusky...Sandusky....Sandusky...Sandusky..Sandusky ...Sandusky....Sandusky...Sandusky..Sandusky...San dusky....Sandusky...Sandusky..Sandusky...Sandusky. ...Sandusky...

Just thought people could use a reminder on who was raping kids..

Paterno, McQueary, The entire Athletic Dept, The pres, and god knows who else. Just thought you could use a reminder of who knew about it and allowed the raper and rapes to continue for years.

cleller
11/12/2011, 01:36 PM
Healing. yeesh. If they start that "closure" business I'm really going to be sick.

But seriously, right now they are playing this up like its somewhere between The Great Chicago Fire, and the Kennedy Assassination. I think is really much smaller in scale, comparable to the Garfield assassination, or the sinking of the Lusitania.

Soonerjeepman
11/12/2011, 01:45 PM
ok..what a crock of crap...guys KNEELING in front of Joepa's house..?...like he something to be worshiped? give me a frickin break...

good job espin....how many times can you say "ALLEGED" with gusto...

Blue
11/12/2011, 07:25 PM
Healing has begun! This is for Joepa and the victims!

I'm puking.

You Are Penn State and I Will Never Again Give a ****.

hawaii 5-0
11/12/2011, 07:50 PM
A simple question for the Penn State administration.......

"If it was your grandchild being molested, would you go to the cops, or investigate it 'internally'?

I think if anyone knew and they didn't go to the cops they should be canned and then prosecuted criminally and civily.

5-0

8timechamps
11/12/2011, 10:10 PM
No its Not Bro
aint No thinking about what I'd DO.
Ive Killed for animals and Kids
That pervert aint got **** on ME .

You're right, and I do know what I would do...beat the **** outta that pitiful excuse for a human. Unfortunately, not everyone thinks the same way though.

And, the more I've thought about it, the more I think McQuery is a sack of ****. He had the chance (the only one that we know about) to physically step in and save a kid (and possibly many more), and he chose to hide. I'd like to see his *** end up in a shower at some hell-hole prison in Pennsylvania.

Blue
11/12/2011, 10:12 PM
You're right, and I do know what I would do...beat the **** outta that pitiful excuse for a human. Unfortunately, not everyone thinks the same way though.

And, the more I've thought about it, the more I think McQuery is a sack of ****. He had the chance (the only one that we know about) to physically step in and save a kid (and possibly many more), and he chose to hide. I'd like to see his *** end up in a shower at some hell-hole prison in Pennsylvania.

How could he and they just sit down and have dinner, watch tv, knowing that this guy that they knew very well was out there doing his thing? It's incomprehensible.

8timechamps
11/12/2011, 10:14 PM
How could he and they just sit down and have dinner, watch tv, knowing that this guy that they knew very well was out there doing his thing? It's incomprehensible.

Agreed. In fact, I think it's so incomprehensible, that my brain was searching for a reason as to why someone would walk away from a situation like that. In the end, there is no reason...you just have to be a total, and complete piece of ****.

cccasooner2
11/13/2011, 12:00 PM
Similar abuse at The Citadel. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/christine-pelosi/citadel-leaders-who-cover_b_1090935.html
"Citadel Leaders Who Covered Up Child Sex Abuse Charges Must Stand Down". Article by Christine Pelosi

FaninAma
11/13/2011, 01:47 PM
Penn State board indicates that Gary Schultz, the PSU administrator that was indicted by the grand jury, was the administrative head of the campus police in 2002. He was one of the higher-ups that Paterno contacted.

Blue
11/13/2011, 04:43 PM
Penn State board indicates that Gary Schultz, the PSU administrator that was indicted by the grand jury, was the administrative head of the campus police in 2002. He was one of the higher-ups that Paterno contacted.

And nothing was done. Sandusky kept hanging around for years and Paterno knew what he was about.

FaninAma
11/13/2011, 05:54 PM
And nothing was done. Sandusky kept hanging around for years and Paterno knew what he was about.

I know this has been hashed and rehashed in the previous 30 pages of this thread but I will ask, what specific action would you have had Paterno take that he didn't?

BTW, I am not against Paterno being fired. What I am advocating is that every single person who had second hand information about Sandusky be held to the same standard including the BoT at Penn State and all of those at the public schools in Pennsylvania as well as all on the BoD of 2nd Mile which includes Lou Holtz, Dick Vermeil, the current coach of the Eagles, arnold Palmer, and Mark Walberg. Do you disagree?

Here is as complete of a summary of the major players as I have seen.
http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/11/09/jerry-sandusky-scandal-seven-key-players-in-the-penn-state-abuse-case/?slide=joe-paterno#end

Blue
11/13/2011, 06:30 PM
If they knew he was raping kids and did nothing, yes. It's not rocket science to me. For example say a coworker comes to me and says they saw the boss diddling a kid in the shower. I tell whoever. But one week later that guy is still walking around like nothing ever happened. 1 year later he's still bringing his "children" to hang out on campus. and up to here recently he's got an office in the ADept.

Yet I have first hand knowledge if I'm McQueary and 2nd hand if I'm anybody else that talked to McQueary or tried to cover it up.

Its wrong on every level. If Paterno knew the guy was raping kids and let the guy continue to prance around with his kids, then he deserves to be prosecuted along with everyone else.

If it was just heresay and nobody knew for sure, then I'd change my opinion.

FaninAma
11/13/2011, 06:45 PM
So I take that as a vote that everybody else who had second hand information should be held to the same standard as Paterno.

In 2002 the University did ban Sandusky from bring kids to the University. Pizz-poor and inadequate I know.

So what specifically should Paterno had done? Gone to the state police? Remember he had already gone to the administrative head of the campus police which is the equivalent of the city police and have jurisdiction when it comes to on-campus crimes.

And do you think Paterno, who was 75 at the time, was really consulted or told about administrative decisions?

95% of the casual followers of this story will be satisfied that some high profle heads rolled. They won't care that there were massive failures in decision making above Paterno during the whole sorry 15 years of this affair. That's what the people who made the ultimate definitive decisions in Sandusky's disposition.They do not w
ant the public looking behind the curtain.

Widescreen
11/13/2011, 07:19 PM
So I take that as a vote that everybody else who had second hand information should be held to the same standard as Paterno.

In 2002 the University did ban Sandusky from bring kids to the University. Pizz-poor and inadequate I know.

So what specifically should Paterno had done? Gone to the state police? Remember he had already gone to the administrative head of the campus police which is the equivalent of the city police and have jurisdiction when it comes to on-campus crimes.

And do you think Paterno, who was 75 at the time, was really consulted or told about administrative decisions?

95% of the casual followers of this story will be satisfied that some high profle heads rolled. They won't care that there were massive failures in decision making above Paterno during the whole sorry 15 years of this affair. That's what the people who made the ultimate definitive decisions in Sandusky's disposition.They do not w
ant the public looking behind the curtain.

How many times are you going to ask the same question? Whoever had knowledge and did nothing with it should be dealt with. It shouldn't end with Paterno and McQueary but that's a good place to start. There's your answer.

guzziguy
11/13/2011, 08:19 PM
When SNL makes fun of you, you know you're screwed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMIT3cNrUxg

I'm not at all sure I'm ready to joke about this....but they did it pretty well.

SoonerMom2
11/13/2011, 10:28 PM
Similar abuse at The Citadel. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/christine-pelosi/citadel-leaders-who-cover_b_1090935.html
"Citadel Leaders Who Covered Up Child Sex Abuse Charges Must Stand Down". Article by Christine Pelosi The person who wrote the article said the Pentagon needs to investigate but The Citadel is a state school in SC with an ROTC program that is not under the supervision of the Pentagon any more than A&M. She obviously doesn't under the difference between state military schools with ROTC where students don't have to serve and the AF Academy, Military and Navy Academies where they are commissioned on graduation.

StoopTroup
11/13/2011, 10:49 PM

I'm not at all sure I'm ready to joke about this....but they did it pretty well.

LOL

SoonerNate
11/13/2011, 10:56 PM

Pretty bad when we are more PC than SNL.

SoonerMom2
11/14/2011, 10:06 AM
ESPN NCAAF - Sources: Judge who granted Jerry Sandusky bail was
a volunteer for The Second Mile charity

If true, that judge needs to step down to spend more time with his family.

sooneron
11/14/2011, 12:02 PM

Yes, anyone that did the bare minimum and could have done more.

He could have gone to the local police. I'm pretty sure if a felony of this nature were happening at OU, the NPD would be involved, as well. At the very least, he could have told Sandusky to NEVER step foot on campus or the football facilities again. He didn't, the guy had an office, for crying out loud! Joe could at the very least have a say in this. If you don't find it odd that Joe and McQueary were ok with being in the same building with the guy, knowing what they knew, then I got nothing for ya.

Yes, he wasn't anywhere near the state that he is today.

95% of the casual followers of this story will be satisfied that some high profle heads rolled. They won't care that there were massive failures in decision making above Paterno during the whole sorry 15 years of this affair. That's what the people who made the ultimate definitive decisions in Sandusky's disposition.They do not want the public looking behind the curtain.

95% , seriously? You have stats to back that up?

BeaSooner
11/14/2011, 12:58 PM
ESPN NCAAF - Sources: Judge who granted Jerry Sandusky bail was
a volunteer for The Second Mile charity

If true, that judge needs to step down to spend more time with HER family.

FIFY

Soonerjeepman
11/14/2011, 01:05 PM
FaninAma...

the dude should have NEVER even been allowed on campus again...and JoePa ran that program...75 or not...he should have demanded the guy NEVER BE ALLOWED on campus again...

but agree...everyone should be rolled...

BeaSooner
11/14/2011, 01:13 PM
FaninAma...

the dude should have NEVER even been allowed on campus again...and JoePa ran that program...75 or not...he should have demanded the guy NEVER BE ALLOWED on campus again...

but agree...everyone should be rolled...

To be fair, they said he couldn't bring kids on campus anymore. Is that enough? Hell no.

Sandusky retired in 1999 to allegedly spend more time with Two-Mile Kids Charity. After being investigated in 1998 for showering and hugging nekked kids in the showers. Banning him from campus protects the University, not the kids.

JohnnyMack
11/14/2011, 02:02 PM
I know this has been hashed and rehashed in the previous 30 pages of this thread but I will ask, what specific action would you have had Paterno take that he didn't?

BTW, I am not against Paterno being fired. What I am advocating is that every single person who had second hand information about Sandusky be held to the same standard including the BoT at Penn State and all of those at the public schools in Pennsylvania as well as all on the BoD of 2nd Mile which includes Lou Holtz, Dick Vermeil, the current coach of the Eagles, arnold Palmer, and Mark Walberg. Do you disagree?

Here is as complete of a summary of the major players as I have seen.
http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/11/09/jerry-sandusky-scandal-seven-key-players-in-the-penn-state-abuse-case/?slide=joe-paterno#end

How do you make the leap from JoePa being informed about a kid getting raped in the showers and not reporting it is the same as Marky Mark serving on the board of 2nd mile? I don't get that. You seem to be ready to torch the entire system instead of doing an investigation into who knew what. If you can logically explain to me how Arnold Palmer is culpable in all this I'd love to hear it. Please use charts and graphs if necessary.

IBleedCrimson
11/14/2011, 02:41 PM
Big Ten takes Paterno's name off trophy

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-bigtentrophy-paterno

stoops the eternal pimp
11/14/2011, 02:44 PM
I am so ready for Sandusky to return to being the villain

8timechamps
11/14/2011, 03:06 PM
I am so ready for Sandusky to return to being the villain

Yep, I was thinking about that this morning. There is a lot of house cleaning that needs to be done, but the biggest monster in all of this is the one that needs the be exposed the most.

BeaSooner
11/14/2011, 03:15 PM
Yep, I was thinking about that this morning. There is a lot of house cleaning that needs to be done, but the biggest monster in all of this is the one that needs the be exposed the most.

Oh, I think he has exposed himself enough.

8timechamps
11/14/2011, 03:25 PM
Oh, I think he has exposed himself enough.

Yeah, probably a poor choice of words on my part....:/

Penguin
11/14/2011, 04:34 PM
Sandusky better enjoy his time out on bail. I have no doubt that he will live out the rest of his days in prison.

SoonerNate
11/14/2011, 04:40 PM
I am finished posting here. Gestapo here keeps deleting every one of my posts. Off to Landthieves where I won't get censored.

FaninAma
11/14/2011, 05:37 PM
How many times are you going to ask the same question? Whoever had knowledge and did nothing with it should be dealt with. It shouldn't end with Paterno and McQueary but that's a good place to start. There's your answer.

I guess as many times as a new poster wonders onto the end of the thread and seems to believe Paterno is the primary culprit in this massive failure. No doubt it is a good place to start and I would start with trying to determine exactly what McQuery told Paterno and other people in the Penn State administration. If it was as graphic as what he
told the grand jury perhaps Joe should have more to answer for.

Hey, we've got Paterno's scalp on the wall. Lets see how many other high profile scalps we can collect. All who knew what Paterno knew should pay the same price. Like you said.....it's a good start.

And I concede the point that I have made my opinion clear and should cease and desist on further redundant posts.

Lott's Bandana
11/14/2011, 05:57 PM
I am finished posting here. Gestapo here keeps deleting every one of my posts. Off to Landthieves where I won't get censored.

Last guy that did this...well, let's just say his funeral was last week.

BeaSooner
11/14/2011, 06:01 PM
I guess as many times as a new poster wonders onto the end of the thread and seems to believe Paterno is the primary culprit in this massive failure. No doubt it is a good place to start and I would start with trying to determine exactly what McQuery told Paterno and other people in the Penn State administration. If it was as graphic as what he told the grand jury perhaps Joe should have more to answer for.

Hey, we've got Paterno's scalp on the wall. Lets see how many other high profile scalps we can collect. All who knew what Paterno knew should pay the same price. Like you said.....it's a good start.

No one has stated that Paterno is the primary culprit. I'm beginning to think you are delusional.

SoonerMom2
11/14/2011, 11:00 PM
ESPN Email a short time ago -- no link on ESPN yet: ESPN NCAAF - Source told Tom Rinaldi that Mike McQueary stopped Jerry Sandusky's alleged sexual assault in 2002

nighttrain12
11/14/2011, 11:22 PM
Also, he did a phone interview on NBC tonight with Bob Costas. He used the Michael Jackson defense.

8timechamps
11/14/2011, 11:22 PM
Last guy that did this...well, let's just say his funeral was last week.

LOL. It's funny because it's true.

BeaSooner
11/14/2011, 11:23 PM
Also, he did a phone interview on NBC tonight with Bob Costas. He used the Michael Jackson defense.

He said he was Peter Pan?

nighttrain12
11/14/2011, 11:29 PM
Why in the HELL didn't McQueary try to stop this!?!

http://p.twimg.com/AdxqepfCIAEbsRZ.jpg

Soonerfan88
11/14/2011, 11:59 PM
ESPN Email a short time ago -- no link on ESPN yet: ESPN NCAAF - Source told Tom Rinaldi that Mike McQueary stopped Jerry Sandusky's alleged sexual assault in 2002

Since that's not what he told the Grand Jury, I would say trying to change the story now so he doesn't look like such a wuss who left a child in that situation. And it still wouldn't excuse the next 9 years of watching Sandusky continue to bring boys to practice and games.

En_Fuego
11/15/2011, 12:04 AM
Jerry Sandusky got tough direct questions from Bob Costas on "Rock Center" tonight ... watch the video and judge for yourself how he handled them.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/14/jerry-sandusky-bob-costas-video/#.TsHyxj2BrqE

Breadburner
11/15/2011, 12:17 AM
He's in spin mode....Sick freak.....

soonercastor
11/15/2011, 12:21 AM
Props to Costas, best in the biz.
As for Sandusky, what a sick ****.

When asked if he's sexually attracted to little boys, his answer was

"Am I sexually attracted to underage boys? Sexually attracted? I...you know...I enjoy young people. I love to be around them, um, I ...I...but no, I'm not sexually attracted to young boys."

You can't make this **** up.

OULenexaman
11/15/2011, 09:59 AM
he even sounded like Michael Jackson.....all would be MJ replies to all the questions...

Mississippi Sooner
11/15/2011, 10:24 AM
Man, if Sandusky's lawyer agreed to let him do that interview, then he has a **** poor lawyer. Not that I care.

Soonerfan88
11/15/2011, 10:31 AM
Heh, it's been reported that his lawyer impregnated a 16 yr old girl when he was 49. He helped her get early emancipation and married her, but still he was 49 & she was 16. Perfect lawyer for the sick bastard.

BeaSooner
11/15/2011, 12:30 PM
Heh, it's been reported that his lawyer impregnated a 16 yr old girl when he was 49. He helped her get early emancipation and married her, but still he was 49 & she was 16. Perfect lawyer for the sick bastard.

Holy Schtick. Truth IS stranger than fiction. You couldn't make this **** up if you tried. Well, maybe....
So was his attorney part of the Second Mile club too? Only instead of little boys, he liked little girls? Geez.....what a ****** nozzle. And to think we make fun of Arkansas and Kentucky. WTF is going on up there in Pennsylvania? PedophilesRUs?

MR2-Sooner86
11/15/2011, 05:44 PM
Wow...

http://twitter.com/#!/SPORTSbyBROOKS

McQueary played in Sandusky's golf outing one month after witnessing Sandusky rape a child in the Penn State locker room

FaninAma
11/15/2011, 07:18 PM
McQuery says he went to the police in 2002:

http://news.yahoo.com/mcqueary-email-stopped-sandusky-went-police-223136562.html

So, do we believe him in all of his claims, part of them or none of them?

Widescreen
11/15/2011, 07:41 PM
Who knows? There should be a record of his report if it exists.

TooSoon
11/16/2011, 06:46 AM
John Stewart has some insightful comments regarding Jerry Sandusky's interview with Bob Costas:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-november-15-2011/jerry-sandusky-phone-interview

Wishboned
11/16/2011, 10:08 AM
So back in July good old JoePa sold his house to his wife for $1. Could it have been to protect it from being used as an asset in a civil case?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/16/sports/ncaafootball/in-july-paterno-transferred-ownership-of-home-to-his-wife-for-1.html?_r=2

TooSoon
11/16/2011, 12:05 PM
So back in July good old JoePa sold his house to his wife for $1. Could it have been to protect it from being used as an asset in a civil case?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/16/sports/ncaafootball/in-july-paterno-transferred-ownership-of-home-to-his-wife-for-1.html?_r=2

Ya think?

sooneron
11/16/2011, 01:16 PM
Nothing says, "I'm not guilty of being creepy" better than a heavy breathing gravelly voiced phone interview.

JohnnyMack
11/17/2011, 01:45 PM
Nothing says, "I'm not guilty of being creepy" better than a heavy breathing gravelly voiced phone interview.

I'd **** me....I'd **** me so hard.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/17/2011, 03:18 PM
Sad that Paterno after years of stellar coaching, being seen in the same light as all the coaching greats will see his name erased from just about everything in college football.

8timechamps
11/17/2011, 03:21 PM
McQuery says he went to the police in 2002:

http://news.yahoo.com/mcqueary-email-stopped-sandusky-went-police-223136562.html

So, do we believe him in all of his claims, part of them or none of them?

I heard a good point about this, an attorney (on CNN I believe) said that if he had gone to the police, that detail would have been included in the grand jury report. He said that not everything is shown in the GJ report, but something as important as that would have made it in. I'm not an attorney (and I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night), so I have no idea if that's accurate, or not. But, it sounded right.

I'm sure there will be tons more details coming out over the coming weeks, months, etc.

En_Fuego
11/17/2011, 03:26 PM
Report: Alleged Sandusky Victims From As Far Back As The 1970s Contact Lawyers

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201111/report-alleged-sandusky-victims-far-back-1970s-contact-lawyers

TheHumanAlphabet
11/17/2011, 04:36 PM
Sandusky should go ahead, let someone skin him alive and then kill himself... This will go on and on like a train wreck in slow motion...

TheHumanAlphabet
11/17/2011, 04:37 PM
I heard a good point about this, an attorney (on CNN I believe) said that if he had gone to the police, that detail would have been included in the grand jury report. He said that not everything is shown in the GJ report, but something as important as that would have made it in. I'm not an attorney (and I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night), so I have no idea if that's accurate, or not. But, it sounded right.

I'm sure there will be tons more details coming out over the coming weeks, months, etc.

Yeah, that and the po-po have no record of a report being filed...

This will get very ugly and sloppy. "Pedd" State U will be dragged through the mud for years...

SoonerMom2
11/17/2011, 04:44 PM
This just keeps getting worse. I think the NCAA should allow any Penn State player to transfer without sitting out a year after this. Personally think they should shut down the program until all of this has played out but they are probably afraid of the students and what they would do as "We are Penn State!" mantra goes on and on!

8timechamps
11/17/2011, 04:48 PM
Yeah, that and the po-po have no record of a report being filed...

This will get very ugly and sloppy. "Pedd" State U will be dragged through the mud for years...

I suppose there's wind of a "cover-up", which given the ugliness factor this whole thing already has, wouldn't surprise me. I can't see PSU rebounding from this for a very long time.

BeaSooner
11/17/2011, 05:04 PM

I'm usually not into the "conspiracy theories"; however, given the perceived coverup to date at the University, the Judge (volunteer with 2nd mile and took campaign contributions from them) that let the sorry bastard out on only $100K bail, the 1998/99 report in which the DA dropped the case (and then disappeared 5 years later), the Sandusky pedi-lawyer, 2nd mile stating they never received any reports about Sandusky, on and on and on.

I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't coverup all around.

8timechamps
11/17/2011, 05:08 PM
I'm usually not into the "conspiracy theories"; however, given the perceived coverup to date at the University, the Judge (volunteer with 2nd mile and took campaign contributions from them) that let the sorry bastard out on only $100K bail, the 1998/99 report in which the DA dropped the case (and then disappeared 5 years later), the Sandusky pedi-lawyer, 2nd mile stating they never received any reports about Sandusky, on and on and on.

I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't coverup all around.

I'm right there with you. I'm not a conspiracy theory guy either, but would anything surprise you about this situation? At this point, short of something being linked to the White House, nothing would surprise me.

cherokeebrewer
11/17/2011, 05:12 PM
Seating a jury should be interesting...

En_Fuego
11/17/2011, 05:14 PM
There had to be a cover-up at some point. You can't do what Sandusky did for 40 years (and have as many potential victims) without there being a massive cover-up at different levels.

8timechamps
11/17/2011, 05:16 PM
There had to be a cover-up at some point. You can't do what Sandusky did for 40 years (and have as many potential victims) without there being a massive cover-up at different levels.

No doubt about it. The question is just how far did the cover-up go, just at PSU, the police, further? It's like a movie...a horror movie.

badger
11/17/2011, 05:18 PM
Cover up? Conspiracy?

His family is of Italian ancestry.

Hmmmm... :D

SoonerMom2
11/17/2011, 05:24 PM
I still think that the DA that disappeared did not allow someone to smoke in his car that day when he never let any one smoke in the car, did not take his laptop apart dumping the hard drive in one place and the computer in another and just walk in the river. Two and two do not add up to four. I even have trouble with the brother who supposedly drove in the Lake in Dayton, Oh, as he was in our home more than once because he worked for my husband at one time. He was TDY to CA for an extended period and came out to our home on weekends and he seemed okay to us and was shocked when they ruled it a suicide, but then what did we know. The whole deal smells of total cover-up including the cops IMHO!

BeaSooner
11/17/2011, 06:07 PM
Seating a jury should be interesting...

Wonder if I could volunteer

BeaSooner
11/17/2011, 06:09 PM
I still think that the DA that disappeared did not allow someone to smoke in his car that day when he never let any one smoke in the car, did not take his laptop apart dumping the hard drive in one place and the computer in another and just walk in the river. Two and two do not add up to four. I even have trouble with the brother who supposedly drove in the Lake in Dayton, Oh, as he was in our home more than once because he worked for my husband at one time. He was TDY to CA for an extended period and came out to our home on weekends and he seemed okay to us and was shocked when they ruled it a suicide, but then what did we know. The whole deal smells of total cover-up including the cops IMHO!

Did the brother commit suicide before or after the DA disappeared? I think I have heard it both ways.

BeaSooner
11/17/2011, 06:11 PM
I'm right there with you. I'm not a conspiracy theory guy either, but would anything surprise you about this situation? At this point, short of something being linked to the White House, nothing would surprise me.

I'm still trying to think of something.....that might surprise me..... not coming up with anything.

cccasooner2
12/7/2011, 08:48 PM
If only Sandusky's wife were as brave as the bravehearts on SoonerFans. Or maybe she was just being loyal to hubby and diidn't wan't to spoil his orgasm.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/12/07/9279239-alleged-victim-says-cries-for-help-from-sandusky-basement-went-unheeded

TheHumanAlphabet
12/8/2011, 10:15 AM
From what I am hearing, I am surprised the wife isn't charged as well. Sounds like she was aiding and abetting to me...

Blue
12/8/2011, 02:25 PM
Ya think penn state fans wish this creep would get some new clothes? Everytime they show him he's got on his Pedd st. jogging suit. Imagine the cringe if that was an OU jogging suit.

En_Fuego
12/19/2011, 09:18 AM
Karl Rominger, Sandusky Lawyer, Suggests Accused Penn State Coach Was Teaching Hygiene Habits

"Some of these kids don't have basic hygiene skills," Rominger told ABC 27. "Teaching a person to shower at the age of 12 or 14 sounds strange to some people, but people who work with troubled youth will tell you there are a lot of juvenile delinquents and people who are dependent who have to be taught basic life skills like how to put soap on their body."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/15/karl-rominger-jerry-sandusky-lawyer-showering_n_1151323.html

Lott's Bandana
12/19/2011, 12:40 PM
The testimony by the red headed coach made me want to drop all pretense of a trial and just skin the bassterd.

I am now convinced all those old, eastern fuddys chose to look the other way and shrug their shoulders at "Jerry just being Jerry."

Raze that campus and start over.

badger
12/19/2011, 12:47 PM
Raze that campus and start over.

It's amazing how fast people change, but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people that were initially camping on Joe Pa's lawn and protesting the firing wouldn't do it now (even if school were still in session).

This whole thing has been a big embarrassment to Penn State. I am so glad it's them and not us, but I have some sympathy with them, because it really could have happened anywhere, with the way athletic departments have been operating lately... pay the top coaches crazy amounts of money, let them handle discipline issues "internally" and do anything and everything for more money from donors, ticket buyers, sponsors, etc.

Lott's Bandana
12/19/2011, 01:02 PM
State College and Tallahassee are so isolated from anywhere, it isn't surprising to me that those two coaches reigned supreme for so long, without serious scrutiny.

badger
12/19/2011, 01:15 PM
State College and Tallahassee are so isolated from anywhere, it isn't surprising to me that those two coaches reigned supreme for so long, without serious scrutiny.

Makes me wonder what Paterno had going for him that Bowden didn't, because one of Bowden's own was the one to throw him out:

“First thing he says is, ‘This ain’t gonna be pretty.’ It went downhill from there,” Bowden said. “Those were his first words; I couldn’t believe it. He said, ‘You have two options: One is to stay on as an ambassador coach for one more year. You can still be the coach, but we don’t want you to go on the field.’ I’d get paid for doing nothing. That’s stealing from FSU. I said, ‘That’s out, forget it. What’s the other option?’ He said, ‘We don’t renew your contract.’ ”

Bowden says when he was told in 2007 that Fisher was going to be named coach-in-waiting, he told Wetherell that he wanted longtime defensive coordinator Mickey Andrews to follow him as head coach. He says Wetherell responded, “That’s not going to happen.” Bowden said Wetherell never told him of Fisher’s $5 million buyout, and that he “read a lot of that in the newspaper.”

“(Wetherell) never discussed it with me,” Bowden said. “They weren’t going to pay that $5 million. Let me say this: I was being phased out. But they promised me one more year (than I got); it was set in stone.”

Days before the team left for Jacksonville to play in the Gator Bowl, Bowden went to the stadium named after him and packed up his office.

Not one person came by his office to say goodbye. When asked if he received a Rolex watch or a cake when he left, Bowden replied, “They gave me a suitcase.”

Link (http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/feed/2010-08/bobby-bowden/story/bobby-bowden-they-promised-me-one-more-year#ixzz1h0OdoXqr)

Lott's Bandana
12/19/2011, 01:20 PM
winning trumps morals

SoonerorLater
12/19/2011, 01:30 PM
Karl Rominger, Sandusky Lawyer, Suggests Accused Penn State Coach Was Teaching Hygiene Habits

"Some of these kids don't have basic hygiene skills," Rominger told ABC 27. "Teaching a person to shower at the age of 12 or 14 sounds strange to some people, but people who work with troubled youth will tell you there are a lot of juvenile delinquents and people who are dependent who have to be taught basic life skills like how to put soap on their body."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/15/karl-rominger-jerry-sandusky-lawyer-showering_n_1151323.html

Now they are advancing the legal defense that showering with Jerry Sandusky was vital to the kids hygiene? This is a visualization I do not want.