PDA

View Full Version : Registering iPhone 4S

MsProudSooner
11/9/2011, 10:46 AM
I received my new phone yesterday. The instructions had me go to a websitge and enter the SIM card # and another number. They said it could take up to 4 hours to register the phone and I would receive an email when it was complete. It's now been approximately 15 hours and still no email. Anyone know how long this has been taking?

jumperstop
11/9/2011, 10:47 AM
Registing? Sounds nasty....

MsProudSooner
11/9/2011, 10:53 AM
Registing? Sounds nasty....

:hopelessness:

Maybe that's my problem! s/b registering!

jumperstop
11/9/2011, 11:05 AM
If you edited the title you would probably get more responses too...

MsProudSooner
11/9/2011, 11:12 AM
Fixed

Lott's Bandana
11/9/2011, 11:23 AM
Do you have an iTunes account? Perhaps you can try to register that way. That's how I did mine, and it took a while, but it was the very first day.

jumperstop
11/9/2011, 11:41 AM
Do you have an iTunes account? Perhaps you can try to register that way. That's how I did mine, and it took a while, but it was the very first day.

I was under the impression you HAD to have an itunes account for the iphone. So you can access the app store. The ****ty part about that is you have to give them your credit card even if you don't plan on spending any money on itunes or in the market place. Android you just have to give them your gmail....

Lott's Bandana
11/9/2011, 12:03 PM
No...IOS5 removes the requirement to register on a computer and the App Store can be accessed through the phone. Any free apps can be downloaded. Any pay apps needs an iTunes account, yes.

MsProudSooner
11/9/2011, 12:05 PM

Yes, I have an iTunes account. I was just following the instructions that came with the phone. :confusion:

Lott's Bandana
11/9/2011, 12:08 PM
You might try using it to register.

There has been quite a bit of conflict between Apple and the providers regarding registering, each blaming the other.

I had issues as well, but ever since, the phone has worked beautifully.

MsProudSooner
11/9/2011, 01:30 PM
There were 2 links that the instructions said I could use to register. I tried the 2nd link and it said I was already registered so I synched the phone and it's working fine.

Lott's Bandana
11/11/2011, 07:51 PM
Yay.

Enjoy.