PDA

View Full Version : Bama Auburn Documentary

soonersam
11/9/2011, 08:23 AM
Did anyone catch that on ESPN last night?? AWESOME! Those folks are crap house crazy!!

Harvey Updyke is now claiming innocents, but admits he called the station? Common Harvey, own your crazy actions because secretively every Bama fans loves you and you'll probably get your own statue next the the Bear someday!!!

Barkley is still the funniest athlete of all time!

delhalew
11/9/2011, 09:16 AM
Were the hell is ouskull when you need him?

Breadburner
11/9/2011, 09:36 AM
If you're talking about Charles Barkley.....You could not be more wrong....

Frozen Sooner
11/9/2011, 10:08 AM
Common Harvey, own your crazy actions because secretively every Bama fans loves you and you'll probably get your own statue next the the Bear someday!!!

You couldn't possibly be more wrong on this.

sooneron
11/9/2011, 11:41 AM
Them crackas is crazy!

nativesooner
11/9/2011, 12:52 PM
My favorite part was hearing Chizik say "we SOLD Cam our offense, and we SOLD him our team" Yep!

sooneron
11/9/2011, 01:15 PM
Did they even really mention the allegations? I caught about the last 4o minutes and they just mentioned that his dad wasn't at the Heisman ceremony.

oudavid1
11/9/2011, 01:17 PM
I watched it. I would say their fans are crazy, by Im still holding out that OU-Texas is better or crazier for the straight fact that its a neutral site and there is no giant black screen raised up whenever AUburn runs out of the tunnel at Alabama like there is when Texas runs out at our end of the Cotton Bowl every year.

nativesooner
11/9/2011, 02:17 PM
Did they even really mention the allegations? I caught about the last 4o minutes and they just mentioned that his dad wasn't at the Heisman ceremony.

They talked about it and played the phone call from the MSU guy that said his dad said it would take 180-200k to get his son to come there. They basically said since no one could actually prove it, then it didn't really happen.

Tidefan36854
11/9/2011, 08:19 PM
You couldn't possibly be more wrong on this.

Thank you! - and you're right, Harvey Updyke is an embarrassment. In fact, being that he was born and raised in Texas and has no ties to the state or the school except his love for Bear Bryant, I consider him punishment for beating Texas in '09! That is one crazy dude that I wish had stayed in Texass...

8timechamps
11/9/2011, 10:34 PM
Thank you! - and you're right, Harvey Updyke is an embarrassment. In fact, being that he was born and raised in Texas and has no ties to the state or the school except his love for Bear Bryant, I consider him punishment for beating Texas in '09! That is one crazy dude that I wish had stayed in Texass...

I would think your response is like most Bama fans.

I hate Texas as much as the next Sooner fan, but if some OU "fan" pulled a stunt like that, and them claimed his Sooner loyalty, It would make me sick. That dude is certifiably crazy. Hell, he tried to name his daughter Allie Bama.

Sonner magic923
11/9/2011, 10:49 PM
best part of the show was when Cam said with a grin from ear to ear "Its an ongoing investigation and I cant speak about it"

Frozen Sooner
11/9/2011, 10:51 PM

Yep. I'm on the Alabama campus every day. I sit in classes with the biggest Alabama fans you can imagine. To a man, every one of them was disgusted by Harvey Updyke. Two of mt friends--HUGE Alabama fans--started Tide for Toomer's, soliciting funds to try to save the trees.

That people ignorantly think Harvey Updyke is in any way representative of the general Alabama fanbase is offensive.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/10/2011, 12:15 AM
Think your elephants can handle the tigerbaits in NOLA?

Frozen Sooner
11/10/2011, 12:20 AM
Nope. And they shouldn't get the shot. Nothing from that game made me think Alabama would do any better on a "neutral" field. I would put an undefeated Boise in over Alabama. Not saying Boise is the better team, but they deserve the shot more.

soonerboy_odanorth
11/10/2011, 12:23 AM
I would think your response is like most Bama fans.

I hate Texas as much as the next Sooner fan, but if some OU "fan" pulled a stunt like that, and them claimed his Sooner loyalty, It would make me sick. That dude is certifiably crazy. Hell, he tried to name his daughter Allie Bama.

So, you mean someone who claims Sooner loyalty like... Skip Bayless?

BTW, Bama Folsom, grandaughter of Governor "Big Jim" Folsom, was a classmate of mine at Vanderbilt. Yes, Bama really is her name, not a nickname.

8timechamps
11/10/2011, 12:53 AM
So, you mean someone who claims Sooner loyalty like... Skip Bayless?

BTW, Bama Folsom, grandaughter of Governor "Big Jim" Folsom, was a classmate of mine at Vanderbilt. Yes, Bama really is her name, not a nickname.

I had a friend in middle school who's grandmother's name was Bama....So, I've heard of that. It's the addition of "Allie" at the front that makes it crazy.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go get my son's Barrah Switzah and Billy Simms ready for bed.

AlbqSooner
11/10/2011, 07:45 AM
I have been to the Iron Bowl, Georgia vs Florida, Florida vs Florida State, and Miami vs Florida State. All great rivalries.

None of them comes close to the surreal experience of the RRS. NOT CLOSE!

soonersam
11/10/2011, 09:10 AM
Isnt his son named bear bryant updyke???

I cant really say to much since my brother named his kid Nolan Ryan Nelson

SoonerNomad
11/10/2011, 12:53 PM
I thought the documentary was outstanding. As might be expected the callers on Finebaum's radio show found the show to be lacking because it made them look like a bunch of crazed hicks. I thought that was what made the show great. From the educated to the uneducated, the fans in Alabama are passionate about their two schools and the rivalry. Isn't that one of the great things about college football? The right and ability to lose all perspective with regard to your team and their biggest rival.

Sco
11/10/2011, 01:32 PM
I bet UAB and Troy fans felt left out of this documentary....

sooneredaco
11/10/2011, 01:42 PM
I love the way chicks say Apple Pie in Bamma.

OU_Sooners75
11/10/2011, 03:12 PM
I had a friend in middle school who's grandmother's name was Bama....So, I've heard of that. It's the addition of "Allie" at the front that makes it crazy.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go get my son's Booma Switzah and Soona Simms ready for bed.

FIFY

nativesooner
11/10/2011, 04:45 PM
One of my cousins was a Tide student and he sent me a Bama shirt back in 2004. I wore it one weekend to the local post office. When I started walking across the parking lot, I see a truck heading my way out of the corner of my eye. Not really paying much attention, I stopped to let it pass. When the driver got closer to me, he swerved toward me. I looked at him and said WTF?! and noticed he was flipping me his war bird the whole time. I thought "what the heck?! he must have thought I was someone else?" As he drove off, I saw this on his back window...

http://images.footballfanatics.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=/productImages/_670000/ff_670837_xl.jpg&w=180

AlbqSooner
11/12/2011, 08:07 AM
I bet UAB and Troy fans felt left out of this documentary....
As they should.