PDA

View Full Version : Psyched about CNBC pub debate

SanJoaquinSooner
11/8/2011, 11:33 PM
Supposed to focus on economic issues instead of demagoguing social issues to please the cultural conservative base.

Here are their opening statements on the economy: http://www.cnbc.com/id/44932660?par=yahoo

Moderators Maria Bartiromo, John Harwood, and Panelists Jim Cramer, Rick Santelli, Steve Liesman, and Sharon Epperson.

Bartiromo is a smart interviewer. I expect Cramer to ask about the oil reserves in Utica shale in Ohio and Rick "Paul Revere" Santelli to have a seizure over the federal deficit & the debt.

As a wise, hip liberal republican once said, "It's the economy, stupid."

diverdog
11/8/2011, 11:50 PM
Supposed to focus on economic issues instead of demagoguing social issues to please the cultural conservative base.

Here are their opening statements on the economy: http://www.cnbc.com/id/44932660?par=yahoo

Moderators Maria Bartiromo, John Harwood, and Panelists Jim Cramer, Rick Santelli, Steve Liesman, and Sharon Epperson.

Bartiromo is a smart interviewer. I expect Cramer to ask about the oil reserves in Utica shale in Ohio and Rick "Paul Revere" Santelli to have a seizure over the federal deficit & the debt.

As a wise, hip liberal republican once said, "It's the economy, stupid."

I agree with Bachmann that the Dodd's Frank's bill needs to be reworked.

IBleedCrimson
11/8/2011, 11:56 PM
how many debates are there? like eleventy trillion?

SanJoaquinSooner
11/9/2011, 12:26 AM
I agree with Bachmann that the Dodd's Frank's bill needs to be reworked.

I would like to see Bachmann step up her game and become a player. Don't want to see Ted Bromnexter lock this up before New Hampshire.

SanJoaquinSooner
11/9/2011, 12:36 AM

Mathematicians call it Proof by Exhaustion.

SicEmBaylor
11/9/2011, 01:02 AM
Santelli is a good man.

diverdog
11/9/2011, 06:34 AM
I would like to see Bachmann step up her game and become a player. Don't want to see Ted Bromnexter lock this up before New Hampshire.

Politically I do not agree with Bachmann. Having said that I am fair enough to give credit where credit is due.

diverdog
11/9/2011, 06:38 AM
Santelli is a good man.

No he is not! Santelli is a sensationalist. I have to listen to him every day on the tv that is outside of my office and his anaysis changes with the phases of the moon. In fact, that entire broadcast does a huge disservive to the public.

SanJoaquinSooner
11/9/2011, 08:03 PM
Ok, let's get crackin. It's on.

soonercruiser
11/9/2011, 08:37 PM

No, that's the national debt!

SanJoaquinSooner
11/9/2011, 09:19 PM
Perry: Elect me President. I can remember 2 out of 3 things all at once.

SanJoaquinSooner
11/9/2011, 11:35 PM
gotta see this: http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000056443

http://media.cnbc.com/i/CNBC/Sections/News_And_Analysis/_News/_Special_Reports/YMYV_2011-2012/Photos/DEBATE_IMAGES/rick-perry-intrade-chart-300.jpg

Frozen Sooner
11/9/2011, 11:37 PM
Hey @PaulBegala , what do you call a Presidential candidate who jumps out to a 20 pt lead, then blows it? An Aggie. #hookem #boomersooner

SCOUT
11/9/2011, 11:39 PM
I live in Texas and consider myself to be pretty conservative. I haven't ever voted for Perry.

SanJoaquinSooner
11/10/2011, 12:50 AM
Disappointed that no candidate stepped forward to say, "Hell yes, we need to facilitate U.S. companies selling products and services to 1.5 billion Chinese consumers." instead the spend all their time bashing China cheating.

How can you "grow the economy" as they all say, without increasing U.S. exports?

Secondly, hell yes, California did the right thing in hiring the Chinese company to help build the bridge. U.S. companies must get more competitive and become more productive. The only way to force them to become competitive is to make them compete.

Bachmann nailed the social security question and totally failed the China question.

bottom line report card: Cain up, Perry waayyyyy down, Romney up, Huntsman up, Santorum still an epsilon above zero (or maybe that's below zero -- doesn't matter), Bachmann down, Gingrich down, Paul up, all of which equals.......

Romney up.

SCOUT
11/10/2011, 12:59 AM
Disappointed that no candidate stepped forward to say, "Hell yes, we need to facilitate U.S. companies selling products and services to 1.5 billion Chinese consumers." instead the spend all their time bashing China cheating.

How can you "grow the economy" as they all say, without increasing U.S. exports?.
You do realize that China is indeed cheating though, right? It is easier to compete when the rules don't apply to you.

SanJoaquinSooner
11/10/2011, 09:02 AM
You do realize that China is indeed cheating though, right? It is easier to compete when the rules don't apply to you.

So I expect a free market candidate to spend the first 15 seconds addressing the bashing side and then the rest 45 seconds addressing the question of increasing U.S. exports in China and the rest of Asia. With the expection of Huntsman, they spent all 60 seconds bashing.

soonercoop1
11/10/2011, 03:56 PM
This is my favorite...looks like some people are wising up...

http://nation.foxnews.com/herman-cain/2011/11/09/gop-debate-crowd-boos-cnbc

badger
11/10/2011, 06:02 PM
He's really bad at covering his tracks. Don't they teach you those things in Fishie Camp?

Link (http://newsok.com/perry-tries-to-josh-his-way-past-debate-blunder/article/feed/316083?custom_click=headlines_widget)

He ended the Wednesday night episode with an abashed, grinning, "Oops." On Thursday, he agreed to go on David Letterman's "Late Show" and offer the Top Ten List.

The debate excerpt was replayed over and over on television, already labeled one of the worst such blunders ever.

"That's pretty brutal isn't it?" he said on Fox News, giving viewers an alternative Perry sound bite to compete with the video. "I stepped in it. I think some of it is still stuck on my feet."

How bout this? We all con him enough into thinking that he's a serious presidential contender to the point that he resigns as Tejas governor. Then, we all don't elect him. Thus, he'll be out of Tejas' hair AND not be president.

Think we can work something out, fellow Republicans?

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/002139117/381204037_11630327_Rick_Perry_2012_sticker_answer_ 4_xlarge_xlarge.png
See, Rick? It is TOTALLY safe to resign from the Texas governor's mansion now. You are TOTALLY the next president. We are TOTALLY voting for you, as can be seen by my display of this Perry bumper sticker on this here message board. So please, give up the Texas governorship and come be our president. You don't even have to count to 3.

badger
11/10/2011, 06:20 PM
Perry: Elect me President. I can remember 2 out of 3 things all at once.

Hehe, that video link has text:

i think we are getting all tangled up around an issue here about can you work with democrats, can you work with republicans? yeah, we can all do that. but the fact of the matter is we better have a plan in place that americans can get their hands around and that's a reason my flat tax is the only one of all of the folks these good folks on the stage it balance it is budget in 2020. it does the things though the regulatory climate that has to happen. and i will tell you, it is three agencies of government when i get there that are gone. commerce, education, and the -- what's the third one there? let's see. five. five. okay. commerce, education, and the -- epa? epa, there you go. seriously -- is epa one you are talking about? no, sir, no, sir. we are talking about the -- agencies of government -- epa needs to be rebuilt. you can't -- you can't name the third one? the third agency of government i would -- i would do away with education, the -- commerce. commerce and, let's see. i can't. the third one, i can't. sorry. oops.

SicEmBaylor
11/10/2011, 06:55 PM
I spent 10 years working with and as a member of a political organization in Texas with broad and deep ties to the Governor. Over those years, we were repeatedly lied to and betrayed. A small group of us, of which I'm included, fought for YEARS to get this organization to sever its ties and endorsements of the governor to no avail. We were eventually ostracized and all but pushed out of the organization. Several of us became fairly bitter over these events and we all lost good friends as a result. Again, myself included.

SOOOOO, is it wrong that after all of this I really really want to take those pro-Perry people out and rub their nose in the giant pile of dog **** that is Gov. Perry's pathetic campaign? Is it wrong of me to gloat? Is it wrong of me to point out that the good Gov. is EXACTLY who we always said he is? Is it wrong to say I told you so? Is it wrong to point all of this out and then tell them what they can go do with themselves in a particularly vulgar style?

Classless...yes. But boy would it feel good.

SanJoaquinSooner
11/13/2011, 10:43 AM
I watched the first hour of the South Carolina foreign policy pub debate last night.

1. Perry and Cain were dwarfed by the others who have more experience in foreign policy matters.

2. Santorum had, what I thought, was his best debate performance, not that he has a snowball's chance in hell. His Pakistan answer was most interesting.

3. Gingrich, Romney, and Huntsman did well. Paul makes a good academic argument for retreating from the world, but it will never fly. Bachmann has been relagated to the back bench with Huntsman and Santorum.

Romney continues to solidify. The anti-Romney crowd will have their say in Iowa, but I don't think it will derail him.

BU BEAR
11/13/2011, 08:34 PM
Romney continues to solidify. The anti-Romney crowd will have their say in Iowa, but I don't think it will derail him.

Gingrich and Romney will go the distance. They are the 1 and 2 finishers in the (R) race... not sure which is 1 and which is 2 at this point.