PDA

View Full Version : FOIA Requested E-Mails from OU RE: Conference Realignment

SicEmBaylor
11/8/2011, 04:58 PM
...actually this isn't FOIA since OU is a state entity but whatever the state equivalent:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/webextra/content/items/OU_emails.pdf

SicEmBaylor
11/8/2011, 05:05 PM
There's some pretty interesting but not entirely revealing **** in there...

LASooner
11/8/2011, 05:13 PM
I AGREE.

STAN

FtwTxSooner
11/8/2011, 05:19 PM
I wonder if Stan Scism is a poster here. I'm sure Joe C and Boren were impressed with his large font emails.

jumperstop
11/8/2011, 05:21 PM
I have trouble believing this is real....You mean to tell me Dan Beebe found out about aTm leaving from the ****ing media? What a retard....and he was supposed to be in charge of the conference.

To: Bernadette Gray-Little (Kansas); Bill Powers (Texas); Brady Deaton (Missouri); Burns Hargis (Oklahoma State);
Boren, David L.; Gregory Geoffroy (Iowa State); Guy Bailey (Texas Tech); Ken Starr (Baylor); Kirk Schulz
(Kansas State); R. Bowen Loftin (Texas A&M)
Cc: Kevin Sweeney; Tim Weiser; Bob Burda; Melanie Ellis; Tim Allen
Subject: Texas A&M
Date: Monday, August 29, 2011 9:04:46 PM
Dear Board of Directors:
Bowen Loftin notified Brady Deaton tonight that Texas A&M will be sending us a notice to
withdraw in the next day or two. Media reports already are citing Texas A&M sources about
this decision and, therefore, we wanted to get the word to you tonight. We want to
emphasize that we do NOT have the official notice from Texas A&M and request that you
refrain from comment until such notice is received.
Brady and I will work with our assistants to set up teleconferences of the Expansion
Committee and Board of Directors in the next couple of days to address this issue and future
actions.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Thanks,
Dan
Dan Beebe
Commissioner
Big 12 Conference
400 East John Carpenter Freeway
Irving, TX 75062
Direct Phone: 469-524-1013
Fax: 469-524-1047
E-mail: [email protected]

FtwTxSooner
11/8/2011, 05:25 PM
Question for you since we're confidentially e-mailing: How certain are you of a soft landing
in the Pac-12? I made a lot of calls on this yesterday, and there was consistently moderate to
cool interest among Pac-12 school officials that I talked to in OU and OSU. And even a lot
of skepticism if Texas came along. Maybe I'm talking to all the wrong people. Or maybe
you're going to fool everyone and go to a different league, but I'm wondering what
impression you've received.

Even the media was calling Boren's PAC-12 bluff. This was from an email from a New York Times writer to Boren.

SicEmBaylor
11/8/2011, 05:26 PM
I have trouble believing this is real....You mean to tell me Dan Beebe found out about aTm leaving from the ****ing media? What a retard....and he was supposed to be in charge of the conference.
How do you have trouble believing that's real? Are you a new just now following his stellar career and management style? ;)

jumperstop
11/8/2011, 05:28 PM
How do you have trouble believing that's real? Are you a new just now following his stellar career and management style? ;)

I knew he was running the conference in the ground. But for him to say that "Media reports already are citing Texas A&M sources about this decision....." That's a bit ridiculous for me....

NormanPride
11/8/2011, 05:35 PM
Guys. Guys. Media reports cite that my butt is about to fart. Now let me reiterate that I have not received notice from my butt of this alleged fart, but I wanted you all to know as potential affected parties. I will keep you updated as to the status of any notices of farts that my butt is about to release.

SicEmBaylor
11/8/2011, 05:42 PM
I knew he was running the conference in the ground. But for him to say that "Media reports already are citing Texas A&M sources about this decision....." That's a bit ridiculous for me....

Is this more or less ridiculous than Beebe sending Loftin the link to an online article outlining the reasons why Aggie should stay in the Big XII? No, the Commissioner of the Big XII could not even manage to come up with his own (and I'm sure quite eloquent) reasons why a member institution in the conference he manages should not leave.

The man is a boob. Not a nice well-rounded and perky boob; no, he's a sagging old-lady boob.

jumperstop
11/8/2011, 05:45 PM
Is this more or less ridiculous than Beebe sending Loftin the link to an online article outlining the reasons why Aggie should stay in the Big XII? No, the Commissioner of the Big XII could not even manage to come up with his own (and I'm sure quite eloquent) reasons why a member institution in the conference he manages should not leave.

The man is a boob. Not a nice well-rounded and perky boob; no, he's a sagging old-lady boob.
I must have not seen that email.....that's a lot worse. That's like some **** out of a movie. Who could be that ****ing stupid?

NormanPride
11/8/2011, 05:45 PM
Dear Aggies,

Don't leave, please. Reason a: You're in Texas and so am I. Reason 2: The SEC is a bunch of jerks and we're like, totally nice. Reason D: C'mon...

Yours Truly,
Danforth Willisled Beebe II

Soonerfan88
11/8/2011, 05:54 PM
Sweet, now we all have Travis Haney's cell number. Who's up for some drunky dialing? :D

btb916
11/8/2011, 06:04 PM
The Oklahoma equivalent to the Freedom of Information Act is called the Open Records Act. Just FYI.

oudivesherpa
11/8/2011, 06:16 PM
I read Professor Metcalf letter to Joe C on BYU ties to the Mormon Church and due to the complete ties between the Church and BYU they should NOT be admitted to the Big Xll. While this church/university relationship is hardly new news, I agree that BYU would be a poor fit for the Big Xll. Without academic freedom, BYU places it's self in a
league of Oral Roberts and Bob Jones that are more a
collection of cults than a true University. A truly great
Academic institution encourages debate on it's core principles, such a debate is non existent at BYU.

OrlandoSooner
11/8/2011, 06:22 PM
My favorite is the San Diego State campaign. Did they really think they would be considered?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/8/2011, 06:22 PM
Question for you since we're confidentially e-mailing

You keep using that word

FaninAma
11/8/2011, 06:43 PM
My favorite is the San Diego State campaign. Did they really think they would be considered?

That would have been great. San Diego is an awesome travel destination and San Diego State is on the trolley line route.

J/k.