PDA

View Full Version : O Silvio!

KantoSooner
11/8/2011, 03:37 PM
Berlusconi is stepping down!

I am saddened by this news as one always is when a titan, an icon, an apotheosis and a man who signifies an age takes that last turn before slowly walking off stage.

Silvio Oh Silvio!

Where will we go to see prosecutors held in such obvious contempt as when you yawn and check your watch while they are yet reading the charges against you?

Who will hire entire villas of good time girls, guzzle fine champagne, play loud music and then label the whole thing a 'bunga bunga party'? Who indeed!

Who will show clarity of mind and tongue by pointing out the abject dearth of contribution to civilization of the Islamic world....and then respond with a shrug and a rhetorical invitation of rebuttal when challenged?

Who among world leaders will invite married female heads of state (Germany and Finland) to his yacht so that he can give them 'private cooking lessons' ..... and have these rather severe women titter like school girls in response?

Who will rival George Hamilton for the full-body tan of the age?

Who will show such crass disregard for legal and political protocol as to stay in office, for a decade, simply to avoid prosecution?

Who will again rise from lounge lizard cocktail singer to media magnate?

Silvio O Silvio!

How lucky are we to have lived in your time! It truly is YOUR world. The rest of us merely stand, jaws agape in wonder at your total, freaking awesomeness!

AlboSooner
11/8/2011, 07:54 PM
Che cosa? Ma perche?!

KantoSooner
11/9/2011, 09:25 AM
Sorry no sarcasm icon. Silvio has been, for me, a decade long item of bemusement. How the hell did he manage to pull it off for so long? Kind of like my wonderment at Keith Richard's continued grip on life.
Grudging respect for those who defy all odds and notions of probity.