PDA

View Full Version : Is Haywood back on the team?

cherokeebrewer
11/8/2011, 01:02 PM
I'm hearing rumors...

SoonerTerry
11/8/2011, 02:07 PM
hawood Jablome?

badger
11/8/2011, 02:08 PM
Don't believe rumors till Stoops reports em as fact. A good defacto answer to every rumor ever reported about OU football.

Soonerfan88
11/8/2011, 02:13 PM
http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/okla-m-footbl-mtt.html

Not on the roster. Until he shows up again, I'll take everything as rumor and speculation.

Soonerwake
11/8/2011, 02:26 PM
I have a feeling that even when he is "back on the team", that he won't really be "back on the team" until next year. He will have some discipline to take care of first.

nativesooner
11/8/2011, 02:41 PM
Jameel? He might help inside some... :D

http://www.cbssports.com/u/photos/ap/2000/mar/heywoodoklahoma31600.jpg

cherokeebrewer
11/8/2011, 03:00 PM
Don't believe rumors till Stoops reports em as fact. A good defacto answer to every rumor ever reported about OU football.

I never said I believed it. It was a question...that's why I included the question mark.

Seamus
11/8/2011, 03:36 PM
hawood Jablome?

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/old%20man%20teeth01.jpg

Ah, hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, that's old.

JRAM
11/8/2011, 06:22 PM
Rumor was stated on soonerscoop that Haywood was allowed to work his way back by doing assigned work through the remainder of this year. Then if he succeeds with completing the work, He would be allowed back next year. Stoops stated today that he hasn't heard anything about Haywood coming back, so there it is.

Biggnick15
11/8/2011, 07:00 PM
stoops spelled out in plain english during the press conference that he's not on the team. I can see stoops allowing him back next year but not this year. Which is the right move IMHO. Quitters shouldn't be allowed back on the team.

VA Sooner
11/8/2011, 07:35 PM
Just like Dusty had to sit out a year and work his way back on to the team... same for Haywood.

Soonermagik
11/8/2011, 09:51 PM
I'm in another camp on this. The kid made a rash decision and regrets it. I would allow him back on the team, but he wouldn't likely see any playing time this season.

OUmillenium
11/10/2011, 01:21 PM
so he quit? any details? sorry i since sf is blocked at work i miss out on a lot

Howzit
11/10/2011, 02:21 PM
http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/old man teeth01.jpg

Ah, hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, that's old.:les: OLD AS THE TITTIES HANGIN DOWN TO DEAN'S NAVEL!!!

oumartin
11/10/2011, 03:14 PM
Jonathan Miller?

NOVSooner
11/22/2011, 01:35 PM
Stoops just said in the presser that Haywood is "trying" to work his way back on the team but no decision has been made. the way he talked about it left it open that Haywood wasn't going all out in school, workouts, meetings, etc. so we'll see

OUInformant
11/22/2011, 05:56 PM
Yeah, but can he play during a game.

We're talking about practice. We're talking about practice. I mean, practice. We're talking about practice, man. Practice. We're talking about practice.

He's the best TE we have, IMO. I mean, we're talking about practice.

BoulderSooner79
11/22/2011, 06:14 PM

We're talking about practice. We're talking about practice. I mean, practice. We're talking about practice, man. Practice. We're talking about practice.

Every coach I've ever listened to claims that 90+% of the game is determined during practice and that's the only way to earn PT. I would guess Stoops is old school in that regard.

C&CDean
11/22/2011, 06:19 PM
Can he play a little DB? Safety? Suit him up.

8timechamps
11/22/2011, 06:22 PM
Stoops just said in the presser that Haywood is "trying" to work his way back on the team but no decision has been made. the way he talked about it left it open that Haywood wasn't going all out in school, workouts, meetings, etc. so we'll see

This is what I got out of the press conference as well. Even though he added the qualifier: "not that this is specific to his situation", I felt like a lot of what he was saying was, in fact, specific to Haywood.

StoopTroup
11/22/2011, 06:36 PM
:les: OLD AS THE TITTIES HANGIN DOWN TO DEAN'S NAVEL!!!

That's hawt....lol

Do the Back Boobs match the front? :D

colleyvillesooner
11/22/2011, 06:38 PM
IT'S NOT THE PLAYERS, DEAN!!!!!1!!!1!!!1! DUH! It's them coaches who all need to be fired!1!!!!!1!1!

SoonerSpock
11/22/2011, 07:05 PM

Your assessment of the importance of practice in determining who should play brings great concern about you ability to evaluate any player. I surmise your opinion is of little value to anyone other than yourself.

StoopTroup
11/22/2011, 08:20 PM
I've heard there are guys that play on Saturdays that miss practice?

How can that happen? Someone needs to have their Scholarship pulled sounds like.....:D :)

OUInformant
11/22/2011, 11:44 PM
Your assessment of the importance of practice in determining who should play brings great concern about you ability to evaluate any player. I surmise your opinion is of little value to anyone other than yourself.

Spock,

I was facetiously imitating what Allen Iverson said about practice a long time back after he took heat for missing practices.

It's already common knowledge that Stoops kicked Haywood off the team because he wasn't putting forth his best effort. Everybody agrees that it was the right thing.