PDA

View Full Version : OWS Violenece - Probably Won't See This Story in the "Media"

soonercruiser
11/7/2011, 11:14 PM
So, why do I need to listen to FOX or the UK news to see this story??
(Obvious answer...)

Occupy Wall Street 'injure elderly woman at conservative dinner'
An elderly woman leaving a conservative dinner in Washington was knocked to the ground and injured by activists aligned with the "Occupy Wall Street" movement in the latest sign of growing civil unrest in the run-up to the 2012 presidential election.
By Toby Harnden, Washington
11:04PM GMT 06 Nov 2011
28 Comments
The incident happened when angry anti-capitalist protesters laid siege to a dinner held in honour of President Ronald Reagan by the Americans for Prosperity group, which is closely aligned with the anti-tax, small government Tea Party movement.

Hundreds of protesters affiliated with Occupy DC shut down streets on Friday night near the Washington convention centre, where Americans for Prosperity was holding its annual conference. That day, the conference was addressed by the leading republican presidential candidates Mitt Romney and Herman Cain.

Dolores Broderick, 78, had taken an 11-hour bus journey from Detroit to attend the Americans for Prosperity conference, according to a friend who emailed the Instapundit blog. Video footage showed her being helped by police as she lay dazed on the floor.
She was said to have been discharged from hospital after she was treated for "a bloody nose and bruises on her hand and leg".

The scenes underlined the widening gulf between Left and Right exactly a year before Americans go to the polls to decide whether President Barack Obama should be re-elected.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/us-election/8873006/Occupy-Wall-Street-injure-elderly-woman-at-conservative-dinner.html

I saw a video showing them trying to break-in the doors of the conference area!
These loons also had some children with them!
Sounds familiar??

I see this as an American soil parallel to Muslim terrorists using women and children as human shields!
What nice people!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/8/2011, 01:04 AM
T'would be nice (and logical) for some of our leftist posters here to see a glimmer of enlightenment, and admit OCCUPY is a POS, but don't hold your breath.

Serge Ibaka
11/8/2011, 01:10 AM
T'would be nice (and logical) for some of our leftist posters here to see a glimmer of enlightenment, and admit OCCUPY is a POS, but don't hold your breath.
Yawn. Generalities are tired and useless. I do know that the entire universe occupies a melodrama in your brain though.

How nice it must be to have convenient categories for right/wrong & good/scary.

SouthCarolinaSooner
11/8/2011, 01:13 AM
I see this as an American soil parallel to Muslim terrorists using women and children as human shields!
What nice people!
OWS actually stands for Onward With Sharia, good call!

diverdog
11/8/2011, 07:17 AM
(Obvious answer...)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/us-election/8873006/Occupy-Wall-Street-injure-elderly-woman-at-conservative-dinner.html

Sounds familiar??

What nice people!

1. This was covered in the Washington Post.

2. Occupy has now lost its way and is now a collection of complainers who have no idea what they want and have lost almost all their support.

3. I condem any violence and I hope the criminals go to jail. And all medical treatment should be paid for by occupy DC.

REDREX
11/8/2011, 08:13 AM
And BIG Labor is still behind them----What does that tell youi?

11/8/2011, 01:14 PM
Yawn. Generalities are tired and useless. I do know that the entire universe occupies a melodrama in your brain though.

How nice it must be to have convenient categories for right/wrong & good/scary.The stupid card is SUCH a surprise, coming from you haha

11/8/2011, 01:16 PM
2. Occupy has now lost its way and is now a collection of complainers who have no idea what they want and have lost almost all their support.

3. I condem any violence and I hope the criminals go to jail. And all medical treatment should be paid for by occupy DC.KUDOS! esp #3

Serge Ibaka
11/8/2011, 06:07 PM
The stupid card is SUCH a surprise, coming from you haha

Well, you're really stupid, so....

soonercruiser
11/8/2011, 11:44 PM
And, with all the crime, including rapes documented at the OWS cities, were is the popular media reports?

Oh! They are too busy doing stories on Herman Cain allegations!
:hopelessness:
(Hear no evil; see no evil; report no evil"!)

soonercruiser
11/9/2011, 01:32 PM
More today..

U.S.
Occupy Protests Plagued by Reports of Sex Attacks, Violent Crime
A rash of reports of sexual assaults at Occupy Wall Street protests across the country has both police and activists raising red flags.
Nearly a half-dozen assaults have been reported at Occupy camps, including three at the New York City protests, which have prompted protesters to set up a “women only” tent in Manhattan's Zuccotti Park to provide a safe haven.

“The concern would be the rapes and attacks that aren’t reported,” said Sgt. Ed Mullins, president of the Sergeants Benevolent Association, a police union in New York City. “We have no way of really knowing. If you have three or five crimes reported, you really don’t know if it’s eight or 10 that happened.”

He also noted how young many of the protesters are.
"They are in the lion’s den, so it’s not surprising that they are more susceptible to crimes,” he said.
The first reported incident occurred on Oct. 8, when a man was accused of sexually abusing a woman who was in a sleeping bag at Zuccotti Park. The victim did not report the incident until a few days later, when she saw the suspect, David Park, 27, at the protest site again.
Park, a Connecticut resident, had been arrested for disorderly conduct at a previous march, and he had numerous warrants out for him in both New York and his home state before the protests began.
Another incident was reported last week when a Brooklyn man, Tonye Iketubosin, 26, was arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting a woman in her tent at Zuccotti Park on Oct. 25.
Iketubosin, a volunteer at the Occupy Wall Street “kitchen,” was questioned about the alleged rape of a second woman on Oct. 29.
Reports of sexual abuse also surfaced in Dallas, where a 23-year-old man was accused of having sex with a 14-year-old runaway girl, and in Cleveland, where cops opened an investigation of a sexual assault that allegedly occurred on Oct. 15.
Organizers for Occupy Wall Street did not return messages seeking comment, but they released a lengthy statement addressed to the participants.

“As individuals and as a community, we have the responsibility and the opportunity to create an alternative to this culture of violence,” the statement reads. “We are working for an OWS and a world in which survivors are respected and supported unconditionally… We are redoubling our efforts to raise awareness about sexual violence. This includes taking preventative measures such as encouraging healthy relationship dynamics and consent practices that can help to limit harm.”

The incidents of sex crimes, reports of petty theft, assaults and general outbursts of violence have sprung up not only around Wall Street, but in Occupy camps across the country.
And many of the protesters have become more aggressive overall in recent days.
The most serious incident was reported in downtown Portland last night -- cops responded to calls of a Molotov cocktail being set off near the city's World Trade Center. Authorities had received unconfirmed information a week earlier that people within the Occupy Portland encampment were constructing the crudely made bomb, which is normally fashioned from a glass bottle filled with gas and a soaked rag or cloth sticking out of the opening as a wick.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/09/rash-sex-attacks-and-violent-crime-breaks-out-at-occupy-protests/#ixzz1dEaWcL8H

Trophy Husband
11/10/2011, 02:38 PM

How nice it must be to have convenient categories for right/wrong & good/scary.

That's really cute Sally, now come with something do dispute what they said, or take a hike.

cleller
11/10/2011, 06:50 PM
All they want is someone to pay their tuition; and then someone else to carry people they identify as poor and/or misjudged on their backs.

Trophy Husband
11/11/2011, 02:45 PM
(Obvious answer...)

Sounds familiar??

What nice people!

There's one way to guarantee it will be seen, put Tea Party T-shirts on the OWS crowd.

Trophy Husband
11/11/2011, 02:54 PM
All they want is someone to pay their tuition; and then someone else to carry people they identify as poor and/or misjudged on their backs.

"Pay for my degree in Greco Roman Basket Weaving, then give a 250k a year job, and free healthcare, that should just about do it."