PDA

View Full Version : CFN Week 10 Bowl Projections

Jacie
11/7/2011, 07:39 PM
These are only guesses at this point but well within the realm of probability.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/557866.html

Rose: Wisconsin vs Oregon

Assumes Wisconsin wins out and Penn State loses one of their other two remaining games (tOSU and nebbish) and that Oregon beats Stanford.

My take: Rose Bowl faces the nightmare scenario, UCLA! Bruins at 8-5 get in by winning two of their last three (they lose to USC) while ASU loses one of theirs, then pulls an upset of only slightly less magnitude than say sand aggie over the Sooners by winning the Pac 12 championship game.

Fiesta: OSU vs Stanford

Assumes Oregon beats Stanford, OU beats little brother. This matchup goes out the window if Stanford and/or OSU win out. Oregon and/or OU with 2 losses are left out of the BCS. Then it could be Cincy vs Boise St.

My take: Consolation prize for aggie but still the biggest game evah for them. Imagine the day Luck will have against that defense . . .

Sugar: Alabama vs Boise State

There probably won't be a rematch for the Tide. This is BSU's best game scenario. This would be the third time an SEC team played a BCS buster in the Sugar Bowl. There was Hawaii/Georgia, then Utah/Alabama. After getting thumped by the Utes, bama has something to prove . . .

My take: Roll Tide

Orange: Clemson vs Cincinnati

Clemson still has the ACC championship game so this one could change but Cincy is a shoo-in.

My take: Who cares?

BCS Championship: LSU vs Oklahoma

I hope we don't lose anyone else 'tween now and then, especially from the offense. In the last two games, Sooners have lost players that accounted for almost 40% of the rushing yardage and 33% of the passing yards. Credit to the coaching staff to scheme around the loss of Whaley, the RB by committee. Think they have another rabbit up their sleave to get back 1/3 of OUr passing game?

My take: Be careful what you wish for . . .

Always_Sooner
11/7/2011, 08:10 PM
Interesting. I remember in 2007 how many upsets there were at the end of that season. Maybe some teams fall.

jumperstop
11/7/2011, 08:13 PM
It could happen, we just need things to go our way and for voters to start moving us up. Computers like us enough it's the voters holding us back at this point from what I've heard.

kevpks
11/7/2011, 10:16 PM
Interesting. I remember in 2007 how many upsets there were at the end of that season. Maybe some teams fall.

Yeah, it would be sweet if we got some chaos towards the end of the year and got a game with Arky or Oregon for the title. Highly unlikely but strange things happen in college football.

LVSOONER15
11/7/2011, 10:18 PM
This team has been through a lot this year. It would be very rewarding to get to the NC and win it.

TahoeSOONER
11/7/2011, 10:27 PM
Anyone...anywhere. I'd love to see LSU in N.O. for another shot at 8.

LVSOONER15
11/7/2011, 10:41 PM
Anyone...anywhere. I'd love to see LSU in N.O. for another shot at 8.

That's exactly what I say. That would be great.