PDA

View Full Version : Murmuration

NormanPride
11/7/2011, 03:08 PM
I love collective nouns. But not as much as starlings love creating amazing visuals.

http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2011/11/video-a-murmuration-of-starlings/247852/

Apparently a flock of starlings is known as a murmuration. Whatever it is, it's amazing.

SicEmBaylor
11/7/2011, 03:11 PM
I love collective nouns. But not as much as starlings love creating amazing visuals.

http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2011/11/video-a-murmuration-of-starlings/247852/

Apparently a flock of starlings is known as a murmuration. Whatever it is, it's amazing.

You need a girlfriend.

badger
11/7/2011, 03:12 PM
You need a girlfriend.

I don't think his wife would like that. I also don't think she appreciates your advice. And I think she's going to kill you. Oh well, nice knowing you SicEm. Guess we'll have to survive with just one resident Baylor fan around here from now on.

SicEmBaylor
11/7/2011, 03:16 PM
I don't think his wife would like that. I also don't think she appreciates your advice. And I think she's going to kill you. Oh well, nice knowing you SicEm. Guess we'll have to survive with just one resident Baylor fan around here from now on.
:D

He doesn't count. He doesn't watch football.

badger
11/7/2011, 03:21 PM
:D

He doesn't count. He doesn't watch football.

Now you're referring to his wife as a "he." What's the phrase you southern folk like to use? Fixin' to? Yeah. You're fixin' to get your arse kicked by a girl.

On a completely unrelated note, there will be an event dedicated to the upcoming KU upset of Baylor on vBookie. Massive payouts to everyone who bets against Baylor. Dinky payouts to Baylor bettors.

Don't ask me how I know that's gonna happen. I just know.

SicEmBaylor
11/7/2011, 03:24 PM
Now you're referring to his wife as a "he." What's the phrase you southern folk like to use? Fixin' to? Yeah. You're fixin' to get your arse kicked by a girl.

No no, I meant "he" as in the other Baylor fan. Not NP's adorably quirky wife.

On a completely unrelated note, there will be an event dedicated to the upcoming KU upset of Baylor on vBookie. Massive payouts to everyone who bets against Baylor. Dinky payouts to Baylor bettors.
No way something that shameful happens. No. freaking. way.

Don't ask me how I know that's gonna happen. I just know.
vBookie may need a government bailout.

badger
11/7/2011, 03:37 PM
I have just received word that vBookie has a new event dedicated entirely to Baylor's football game this weekend, SicEm! You should totally stop posting more incriminating evidence of your woman hating and go make yourself some vCash! :D

NormanPride
11/7/2011, 04:25 PM
Wait, wait, wait...

There's another Baylor fan?

KantoSooner
11/7/2011, 04:54 PM
I know. It defies credulity, but there it is.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/7/2011, 05:17 PM
The coolest one is a "murder" of crows

NormanPride
11/7/2011, 06:01 PM
I was expecting a "murmuration" and "amazing visuals" fart joke from you, step...