PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't this be somethin'...

Iam4OUru
11/6/2011, 07:44 PM
...at the end of the day on December 3rd?

loss in parenthesis ()

LSU 11-1 (Ar-Kansas)
Bammer 11-1 (LSU)
Ar-Kansas 12-1 (Bammer)
Oklahoma 11-1 (Texas Tech :hopelessness:)
Oregon 12-1 (LSU)
Boise St. 12-0

I certainly do not think this scenario is so far-fetched. Who gets in?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/6/2011, 07:44 PM
Reminds me of 2000 when everyone was arguing for the 12-0 team to be left out.

8timechamps
11/6/2011, 07:48 PM

loss in parenthesis ()

LSU 11-1 (Ar-Kansas)
Bammer 11-1 (LSU)
Ar-Kansas 12-1 (Bammer)
Oregon 12-1 (LSU)
Boise St. 12-0

Every year I hope for there to be 4 or more undefeated teams at the end of the season, just so there will be an uprising against the BCS. Unfortunately, if that many teams end up with one loss, we probably get left out. Our loss isn't as impressive as any of the others.

Iam4OUru
11/6/2011, 07:49 PM
I say Ar-Kansas/Oregon or Ar-Kansas/ B-O-Y-Z-E-E? It would be hard to leave the Hogs out as SEC Champs. OU's loss is just a friggin' eye-sore.

jumperstop
11/6/2011, 07:50 PM

loss in parenthesis ()

LSU 11-1 (Ar-Kansas)
Bammer 11-1 (LSU)
Ar-Kansas 12-1 (Bammer)
Oregon 12-1 (LSU)
Boise St. 12-0

Tech played aTm close and aTm should have beaten Arky....That's as good as I got....I still think we'll have a good chance because of SoS. BCS looks at wins more than it will the losses.....

Iam4OUru
11/6/2011, 07:52 PM
The best part about this scenario is that LSU or Bammer would be left out of a BCS bowl.

Soonerjeepman
11/6/2011, 10:13 PM
the top 3 all lost to each other...we lost to an unranked team...depends on how bad would arky beat lsu?..it'd be a CF..but OU would be left out...imho

also, if we barely beat the pokes...similar to lsu beating bama...they'd b 11 -1 with a home loss to a top 5 team...stanford with 1 loss to a top 6/7 team...

yermom
11/6/2011, 10:17 PM
what if the Aggies are also 11-1 with us as their only loss?

you have to look at who they beat too...

JiminyChristmas
11/6/2011, 10:23 PM
I doubt Arky would go to SEC championship game in this scenario. BCS ranking would be tiebreaker between them, lsu, and bama. Arky wouldn't be highest ranked. Prob bama.

cccasooner2
11/6/2011, 10:33 PM
Reminds me of 2000 when everyone was arguing for the 12-0 team to be left out.

Ha, then the SEC would have disappeared, we could have had a Miami-FSU rematch every year for the crystal. :)

PLaw
11/7/2011, 08:55 AM

loss in parenthesis ()

LSU 11-1 (Ar-Kansas)
Bammer 11-1 (LSU)
Ar-Kansas 12-1 (Bammer)
Oregon 12-1 (LSU)
Boise St. 12-0
Oklahoma State 11-1 (OU)

FIXED

GreenSooner
11/7/2011, 09:00 AM
Houston plays Boise State in the MNC game, of course! :D

OU_Sooners75
11/7/2011, 10:01 AM
Every year I hope for there to be 4 or more undefeated teams at the end of the season, just so there will be an uprising against the BCS. Unfortunately, if that many teams end up with one loss, we probably get left out. Our loss isn't as impressive as any of the others.

But our wins dont count then?

No other team has been on the road and beat 4 top 10 opponents, with two of them being in the top 5, at the time they played. (Assuming OU wins out and beats OSU)

OU_Sooners75
11/7/2011, 10:04 AM

loss in parenthesis ()

LSU 11-1 (Ar-Kansas)
Bammer 11-1 (LSU)
Ar-Kansas 12-1 (Bammer)
Oregon 12-1 (LSU)
Oklahoma State 11-1 (OU)
Stanford 11-1 (Oregon)
Boise St. 12-0

FIFY

Sooners78
11/7/2011, 10:08 AM
Because of when the losses occurred, bama would be highest ranked. They would go to SEC championship. Georgia has the defense that could give them a good game.

jkjsooner
11/7/2011, 10:20 AM

I think the angst towards the BCS is unfounded. The BCS is infinitely better than what we had before. In the old system, undefeated Stanford would be playing a Big 10 team in the Rose Bowl. An SEC would be playing who knows in the Sugar. OU or OSU would be playing someone else in the Orange Bowl. None of these teams would play each other.

People who want a playoff tend to take it out on the BCS. I want a playoff as well but it's not the BCS's fault that we don't have a playoff. The BCS was created because the powers that be don't want a playoff. That's not the fault of the BCS. It's the fault of those who do not want a playoff.

Maybe I'm splitting hairs here. I just want to be clear, if we don't have a playoff the BCS is about the best we can do.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/7/2011, 10:24 AM
Because of when the losses occurred, bama would be highest ranked. They would go to SEC championship. Georgia has the defense that could give them a good game.
Ummm.. no. Arkansas lost to Alabama months ago (Sept 24). On that logic, Arkansas beating LSU should vault them ahead of both LSU and Bama....
Sept 24th loss (Arkansas @Alabama)> November 5th loss (Alabama at home vs LSU)>November 35th loss (LSU at home vs Arkansas)

Arkansas would jump Alabama.

FWIW, I think LSU will beat Arkansas but Bama will lose @ Auburn...

jkjsooner
11/7/2011, 10:26 AM

Which means our wins are more impressive.

Using the conference logic, if our only loss was to OSU then we will lose the conference. If our only loss is to Texas Tech then we win the conference.

We won the big games.

At least that was the logic Florida used a couple of years ago...