PDA

View Full Version : Lets look on the bright side, players, coaches and etc.; one of whom is Josh Heupel

MamaMia
11/6/2011, 06:51 PM
We have Josh, who literally dissects game footage. Thats one of his strong points. Hes been doing this since he himself, was behind center. Now that he is our offensive coordinator, he will think of a way to win utilizing the players we have left.

Landry is strong.

We have Baylor next week. A good game to have to get back on track.

What other silver linings do we have?

VA Sooner
11/6/2011, 06:53 PM
I'm sure he's the one behind the Belldozer formation. I like the diamond formation-Dozer package as well... keep the defenses guessing.

The adjustments this past Saturday were all good... and without Jefferson in the game as well. Just imagine the defense back to it's normal self in a week or two...

Now on to the next game.

MamaMia
11/6/2011, 07:10 PM
Plays will have to change a bit. That will confuse the opposition who has been looking at OU game film all year with us counting so much on Broyles. He will be missed and it will not be an easy task for the teams we have left to predict how we will change things up.

LRoss
11/6/2011, 07:15 PM
We actually don't have Baylor next week . . . .

And while I legitimately appreciate the tenor of the thread -- why does it feel like we're 3-6 around here? Why would anybody feel like we need a "bright side" thread in the first place? We're 8-1, we've soundly beaten two (not all-world, but still) formidable foes in the last 2 weeks, pounded Texas, control our own destiny in the B12, and even have an outside shot at the MNC game. But here we are fighting about how good we aren't and how badly we'd lose to LSU/'Bama if we had the chance to the point where poor Mama Mia decides that it's time to look for some "silver lining" and get "back on track."

Seriously! Let me list about 112 teams in the FBS who would LOVE to sit at 8-1 and argue about whether or not they have a chance at the championship. And even if we don't -- if being top 10 and competing for our conference championship is THIS much of a downer and such a disappointment, we must be THE most spoiled fan base in the nation . . . which is itself a sign of immense blessing.

So the bright side is either:

A) sitting at 8-1 in the top 10

or:

B) that things have been SO good that it's a disappointment to be sitting at 8-1 and in the top 10.

aTm needs to find some silver lining. K St needs to get back on track. Poke St's deliriously thrilled to be where they are for the 1st or 2nd time ever (depending on what you're talking about, exactly) and that they have a legit chance to beat OU for once . . . and in honesty still have to be terrified that their annual nightmare will repeat and we'll dash their dreams again.

So call me a sunshine pumper if you want -- of course I wish we would have beaten Tech, and I don't know how we would do against LSU, who's undeniably very, very good -- but it's GOOD to be a Sooner.

Boomer!

delhalew
11/6/2011, 07:27 PM
Were doing fine. The silver lining is due to the fact that we feel bad for Ryan, and for team who will be missing a great leader....duh...

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/6/2011, 07:50 PM

And while I legitimately appreciate the tenor of the thread -- why does it feel like we're 3-6 around here?

Based on a decade of experience with this board, every loss subtracts 5 wins and puts them in the loss column.

AlbqSooner
11/6/2011, 07:53 PM
I think it was FirstandGoal who posted it. If it is wrongly attributed, forgive me.

We are so spoiled indeed. We have an outside chance to play for a National Championship this year. Personally I don't think we get there. What then? We end up in a BCS bowl.

Ohhhhh the humanity!!!

OUNASH
11/6/2011, 07:55 PM
Its all good, bring on the cow chokes. I would rather be a Sooner than a cowboy any day of the week. We still have alot to play for and in my opinion will win out. If we make it to a BCS bowl ( which we will) and finish in the top 5 we have had an outstanding year.

MamaMia
11/6/2011, 08:30 PM

And while I legitimately appreciate the tenor of the thread -- why does it feel like we're 3-6 around here? Why would anybody feel like we need a "bright side" thread in the first place? We're 8-1, we've soundly beaten two (not all-world, but still) formidable foes in the last 2 weeks, pounded Texas, control our own destiny in the B12, and even have an outside shot at the MNC game. But here we are fighting about how good we aren't and how badly we'd lose to LSU/'Bama if we had the chance to the point where poor Mama Mia decides that it's time to look for some "silver lining" and get "back on track."

Seriously! Let me list about 112 teams in the FBS who would LOVE to sit at 8-1 and argue about whether or not they have a chance at the championship. And even if we don't -- if being top 10 and competing for our conference championship is THIS much of a downer and such a disappointment, we must be THE most spoiled fan base in the nation . . . which is itself a sign of immense blessing.

So the bright side is either:

A) sitting at 8-1 in the top 10

or:

B) that things have been SO good that it's a disappointment to be sitting at 8-1 and in the top 10.

aTm needs to find some silver lining. K St needs to get back on track. Poke St's deliriously thrilled to be where they are for the 1st or 2nd time ever (depending on what you're talking about, exactly) and that they have a legit chance to beat OU for once . . . and in honesty still have to be terrified that their annual nightmare will repeat and we'll dash their dreams again.

So call me a sunshine pumper if you want -- of course I wish we would have beaten Tech, and I don't know how we would do against LSU, who's undeniably very, very good -- but it's GOOD to be a Sooner.

Boomer!It feels to me exactly what is it. We are a one loss team that happened at home to Texas tech and we have suffered some key injuries.

"Poor MamaMia" has every right to look at silver linings whenever, and however I want. Its a normal natural thing to do when you are a one loss team and others are ahead of you, while leaving you in a position to hope that things happen that are no longer in your control, especially after a bad loss and injuries, including that of one of your star players. So stick it up your sanctimonious holier than thou know it all clueless *** and can the accusation that people are "fighting." You are not the only one who thinks its good to be a Sooner. Some of us are just better at it, and definitely more polite when not provoked to buy some other Sooner a vowel in the word perception.

Oh, and by the way, we DO have Baylor next week. Its Sunday. We have a bye week THIS week.

PLaw
11/6/2011, 08:46 PM
hey, we have a great opportunity to go into stillwater, win the Big XII, and give them a little payback for 2001.

Sun came up today after a little ground shaking last night - and life as a SOONER is a heckuva alot better than most.

BOOMER

rock on sooner
11/6/2011, 08:48 PM
Well LRoss and MammaMia have expressed some thoughts, both good and not so good. Yep, it is GREAT to be a Sooner and, Yep, ticked
about losing to Tech. Know what? It is really hard to be "up" every game but if being 8-1 is "down" then, my goodness! What I saw
with LSU/Bama were two teams that the FSU/Texas Sooners would blow away...BTW, that's what OSU is going to get and if Standford
or Oregon hold serve, we'll get Boise in the Fiesta. Now, there's payback! Bama could drop another and LSU better watch out for the
Razorbacks. Still have three to go so....Boomer Sooner!

StoopTroup
11/6/2011, 09:00 PM
I think it was FirstandGoal who posted it. If it is wrongly attributed, forgive me.

We are so spoiled indeed. We have an outside chance to play for a National Championship this year. Personally I don't think we get there. What then? We end up in a BCS bowl.

Ohhhhh the humanity!!!

Are you crazy ALBQ? The poor folks who have to go to work the next day after we lose another game for a National Championship will be so unhappy. I mean losing another one allows the fans of the other 118 Teams in the NCAA to have a parade in their Town...especially those that didn't beat us this year. Lubbock will probably declare themselves National Champions because they got by us. They will probably even get a Trophy from the Associated Press and be in the Top Ten next year of the AP Poll Week One for their pulling a game like that out of their ***. How could a Sooner take that without a bright side.....lol

I think we might need to all hold hands or something at the Iowa State Game and maybe even have a Kumbaya.....

MamaMia
11/6/2011, 09:03 PM
hey, we have a great opportunity to go into stillwater, win the Big XII, and give them a little payback for 2001.

Sun came up today after a little ground shaking last night - and life as a SOONER is a heckuva alot better than most.

BOOMER

Well LRoss and MammaMia have expressed some thoughts, both good and not so good. Yep, it is GREAT to be a Sooner and, Yep, ticked
about losing to Tech. Know what? It is really hard to be "up" every game but if being 8-1 is "down" then, my goodness! What I saw
with LSU/Bama were two teams that the FSU/Texas Sooners would blow away...BTW, that's what OSU is going to get and if Standford
or Oregon hold serve, we'll get Boise in the Fiesta. Now, there's payback! Bama could drop another and LSU better watch out for the
Razorbacks. Still have three to go so....Boomer Sooner!Both..excellent examples of silver linings. :)