PDA

View Full Version : Florida 2008... Remember?

Soonermagik
11/6/2011, 12:30 PM
They lost on their home field to Ole Miss by a few points. Using the logic I've seen here they had no business in the national title game. No one really cares now since Florida ended up winning the national title that year, though.

Yeah, the Tech loss at home sucked, but this team is far from doomed. If OSU keeps winning and Stanford loses OU is very much back in the national title hunt. Imagine OU creeping up to # 4 or so and then playing #2 OSU and winning.. OU could even win big in that game. That would thrust OU back into the title game. Calm down people, it's not the end of the world.

IronHorseSooner
11/6/2011, 12:32 PM
They lost on their home field to Ole Miss by a few points. Using the logic I've seen here they had no business in the national title game. No one really cares now since they won, though.

Yeah, the Tech loss at home sucked, but this team is far from doomed. If OSU keeps winning and Stanford loses OU is very much back in the national title hunt. Imagine OU creeping up to # 4 or so and then playing #2 OSU and winning.. OU could even win big in that game. Calm down people, it's not the end of the world.

This has been my point for two weeks now. I have no idea why people are in denial about it. You know, with everything that has gone on with this team, if they make it to NO, I think it will make it that much sweeter.

jumperstop
11/6/2011, 12:34 PM
This has been my point for two weeks now. I have no idea why people are in denial about it. You know, with everything that has gone on with this team, if they make it to NO, I think it will make it that much sweeter.
We've pretty much agreed on everything about this in all the other threads...

rekamrettuB
11/6/2011, 12:52 PM
But, but, but...it's the SEC. Where any crappy offense can lose to a decent defense any Saturday.

Red
11/6/2011, 01:01 PM
I still think we have a decent chance. Oregon drops Stanford.(Which is not in doubt in my mind) We drop OSU. and then we can see where our cards line up.

jumperstop
11/6/2011, 01:06 PM
I still think we have a decent chance. Oregon drops Stanford.(Which is not in doubt in my mind) We drop OSU. and then we can see where our cards line up.
Yeup I just going into each week hoping we win. If we don't get another shot to play for the championship it's our own fault for losing to tech. We'll get to go beat up on some team in the Fiesta Bowl, if we don't get stuck with Boise....

BoulderSooner79
11/6/2011, 01:16 PM
The Fiesta gets a high pick of the BCS bowls this season; I don't see a repeat of Uconn happening. And outside of Uconn, the Fiesta has been pretty competitive over the years - I could see them getting the Stanford/UO loser.

Soonermagik
11/6/2011, 01:48 PM
If we do miss the national title game i.e. Stanford wins out. Any chance of OU playing Boise State in a rematch game? If OU could clobber them then that might be a nice consolation prize.