PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Stills, where are you?

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
11/6/2011, 11:30 AM
What's up? Been pretty invisible.

With Broyles out someone needs to step up BIG TIME! I think it needs to be KS.

tulsaoilerfan
11/6/2011, 11:33 AM
Had a bad hammy yesterday, plus the emergence of Jaz has meant less passes his direction; oh yeah, he also might not play hard on every down either

oumartin
11/6/2011, 11:38 AM
Jaz will raise his game

jumperstop
11/6/2011, 11:45 AM
If we have players step up and play to their potential, I don't think our offense will be as hurt without Broyles as some people think. That's a BIG if though, Broyles was the only sure handed one on the team, and could catch anything you threw his way. Stills is good but sometimes doesn't give 100% on every play, and Jaz needs to step up even more. He also needs to catch with two hands if at all possible, that could lead to an interception against agressive defenses. Miller and Franks will probably get more playing time too.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
11/6/2011, 11:47 AM
I've seen Stills make some amazing snags. He needs to get healthy and get in the endzone!

BoulderSooner79
11/6/2011, 11:52 AM
Losing Broyles hurts a lot. Not just his production, but the number of times he forces single coverage on other receivers. The combination of losing Whaley and Broyles leaves the coaches and players with a huge challenge.

oumartin
11/6/2011, 11:56 AM
you mean the coaches might have to put a little effort out?

jumperstop
11/6/2011, 12:02 PM
Losing Broyles hurts a lot. Not just his production, but the number of times he forces single coverage on other receivers. The combination of losing Whaley and Broyles leaves the coaches and players with a huge challenge.

I think we can handle this to some extent if these other players step up. We have a lot of good WR who would be starting on any other team. Broyles is legend and they won't be able to replace his production, but they can run this offense just as well if everyone plays to their ability.

Lott's Bandana
11/6/2011, 12:06 PM
You could have found him in the end zone yesterday.

He did score a touchdown, after all.

IronHorseSooner
11/6/2011, 12:07 PM
Uh, didn't Stills (and Jaz) have a TD yesterday? Just sayin'...

Flagstaffsooner
11/6/2011, 12:09 PM
Silly thread.

yermom
11/6/2011, 12:13 PM
think we will see more of Miller now?

Lott's Bandana
11/6/2011, 12:16 PM

Consult your local listings:

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2281/windell.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/59/windell.jpg/)

jumperstop
11/6/2011, 12:17 PM
I would assume so. Who else we got besides him and Franks?

IronHorseSooner
11/6/2011, 12:20 PM
You know, a WR line-up with Stills, Miller, Reynolds, and Franks is still better than about 115 teams in FBS. Throw in Hanna, Ratterree, and Haywood and that's a pretty darn good set of TEs, as well. You know who else is looking good lately- Roy Finch and Trey Millard- and Clay and Williams aren't exactly chopped liver. Oh wait, we have found a brand-new weapon with the Belldozer. We also have one of the statistically better OLs in the country, who just got their All Big XII center back. Our staff will need to be a bit creative, but we have the guys to do it.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
11/6/2011, 12:22 PM
Silly thread.

My point was earlier this season Stills was all the rave. Broyles finally had a partner that could do what he could. But lately you don't hear much about him.

I know that he scored yesterday, but he only had 2 catches. And yes, I know that Broyles only had 2 catches as well, but he draws all the attention of the defense and sometimes he gets schemed out.

Stills appears to have the physical talent to put up a Broyles like performance. I'm just hoping that he does so for the next 4 games.

jumperstop
11/6/2011, 12:23 PM
You know, a WR line-up with Stills, Miller, Reynolds, and Franks is still better than about 115 teams in FBS. Throw in Hanna, Ratterree, and Haywood and that's a pretty darn good set of TEs, as well. You know who else is looking good lately- Roy Finch and Trey Millard- and Clay and Williams aren't exactly chopped liver. Oh wait, we have found a brand-new weapon with the Belldozer. We also have one of the statistically better OLs in the country, who just got their All Big XII center back. Our staff will need to be a bit creative, but we have the guys to do it.
That's what I was getting at earlier in the thread. We'll miss Broyles a lot, but it's not like we don't have receiving threats.

jumperstop
11/6/2011, 12:27 PM
My point was earlier this season Stills was all the rave. Broyles finally had a partner that could do what he could. But lately you don't hear much about him.

I know that he scored yesterday, but he only had 2 catches. And yes, I know that Broyles only had 2 catches as well, but he draws all the attention of the defense and sometimes he gets schemed out.

Stills appears to have the physical talent to put up a Broyles like performance. I'm just hoping that he does so for the next 4 games.

Jaz had a big day. I don't know how many catches he had but it just shows how many weapons we have on offense. I do remember Stills having a drop or two yesterday though, but so did Jaz. All the recievers need to work on controlling the ball.

hawaii 5-0
11/6/2011, 12:28 PM
A tragic loss losing the best receiver.

An opportunity for the future of Oklahoma receiving to come forward and make more of a presence.

Sorry it's happenning Sooner than expected.

5-0

hawaii 5-0
11/6/2011, 12:30 PM
Consult your local listings:

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2281/windell.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/59/windell.jpg/)

Laff o' tha Day. Mahalo

5-0

Lott's Bandana
11/6/2011, 12:34 PM
Early morning da kine for you, Bruddah. South swell?

hawaii 5-0
11/6/2011, 12:37 PM
Early morning da kine for you, Bruddah. South swell?

Here's the forecast...

http://www.surfnewsnetwork.com/

Looks like the North Shore is picking up.

5-0

Lott's Bandana
11/6/2011, 12:46 PM
Today would be a day where I'd take my girls up to Waimea, stop for a shave ice along the way, and sit under the Ironwoods watching the surf.

I learned the hard way about how Hawai'ians measure the surf face, not the top to bottom like NOAA does. An 8' wave to Kama'aina is about 10+ in height...like falling out a second floor window.

November + North Shore = No Ka Oi!

rekamrettuB
11/6/2011, 12:57 PM
Just averaging 100 yards per game. So that's pretty good.