PDA

View Full Version : Gut Check Time for OUr Boys...

SunnySooner
11/6/2011, 08:59 AM
Well, we've been dealt a coupla really hard hits, losing first Dom and now Ryan. Not having Broyles will be particularly significant because it will affect the defenses we'll see from here on out. He was such a huge threat, he had to be a giant part of any opponent's defensive game plan, and with him gone, I'm worried our O just got a lot easier to deal with.

This team has been thru so much in the past year, starting with Austin's death, and so far they've bounced back from adversity and had a lot of success. But losing Ryan is a whole new ballgame, he was such a leader on the field, he was a security blanket for the entire offense, OUr favorite mustachioed QB in particular.

From here on out, we'll see the true character and resolve of this team. Will they dig down and dig in, or will they just kinda give up, phone it in from now on, and look forward to a bowl trip to beautiful and exotic Dallas, San Antonio, or even Tempe?

I hope it's the former, not the latter, because after the emotional rollercoaster we've all been on, it's 1000 times worse for the players, and I really want the best for them--just seems like we've got a special bunch of kids this year, I hope they have many more good memories from this whacky season to help erase the mental pic of a heartbroken and tearful #85 limping toward the locker room.

IronHorseSooner
11/6/2011, 09:35 AM
If this team even considers giving up , they need to be reminded of the sacrifice of Box, Broyles, and Franks. They need only look at their teammate wearing #12, and Ryan and Dom standing on the sidelines cheering them. All three are Oklahoma kids who would give anything for the team they love. This team has the talent to carry on and win, now it's time to show heart. That being said, I bet that after two weeks of having this preached to them, that guys like Stills, Franks, Reynolds, and Miller come out on fire.