PDA

View Full Version : My unbiased objective opinion...

soonerhubs
11/6/2011, 08:09 AM
Saban didn't oversign enough kickers. Thoughts?

OrlandoSooner
11/6/2011, 08:16 AM
Lol

SunnySooner
11/6/2011, 08:30 AM
lol, ZING!!!

For a nice guy, you can be a real smart ***, Hubs. I'm so proud of you. :biggrin:

XingTheRubicon
11/6/2011, 09:58 AM
I was hoping this thread would be here.

Sabanball, you just went from one of the greatest teams ever...to not even winning the west division.

"You see those two poles over there? You're supposed to kick the ball between those poles...and that's all I have to say about that."

-F. Gump

AlboSooner
11/6/2011, 10:12 AM
My unbiased opinion is that Bama's offense is inept at best.

tulsaoilerfan
11/6/2011, 11:34 AM
My unbiased opinion is those are some of the worst QB's i have ever seen on the top 2 teams in the country; i don't think they could start for most of the Big 12 teams

FaninAma
11/6/2011, 01:27 PM
LOL. I am sure he will get to work on it before they change the rules to 4 year scholarships.

If their is a rematch between LSU and Alabama I am done with college football. It will be dead to me. Sure, i'll support the Sooners but I won't care about what happens otherwise.

I Am Right
11/6/2011, 01:55 PM
Traber is going to call you names and hang up on you and then announce "There is no force field around me big fella"

soonerhubs
11/6/2011, 02:58 PM
LOL. I am sure he will get to work on it before they change the rules to 4 year scholarships.

If their is a rematch between LSU and Alabama I am done with college football. It will be dead to me. Sure, i'll support the Sooners but I won't care about what happens otherwise.

Didn't you know? That game was EPIC. Game of the Millennium. Heck I'm surprised the Rapture didn't start after the final score.

Sabanball
11/6/2011, 03:10 PM
Don't worry, guys, I'm a good sport and can take the ribbing. ;)

You won't hear me act like a lot of you did after Ears beat you a few weeks ago though and try to make excuses or blame our coaching staff--our players didn't EXECUTE on special teams and that was the sole difference in this game. We make just one of four missed fg's and the outcome probably would have been different, make two of them and it definitely would have been different.

I've said ALL YEAR here and everywhere else that LSU is the best, overall, most well-rounded team in the country and they proved it last night. Naturally, I'm disappointed but there is no shame for me in losing to them. The better team won.

Oh, and btw, lest we all remember that at least Bama didn't get jail-sexed in the first half and ultimately beaten by a 29pt underdog at home like some other team did...:)

En_Fuego
11/6/2011, 03:26 PM
That was the most boring pathetic college football game EVA. I kept switching back and forth from the Kittens-Cowgirls game. It was like a psychological condition. Switching between those 2 games game me a manic depression disorder.

bluedogok
11/6/2011, 03:28 PM
The poor kicking situation at Bama shows that even "the best" teams can having kicking issues....there really aren't any no-brainer kicking recruits out there.

En_Fuego
11/6/2011, 03:48 PM
The poor kicking situation at Bama shows that even "the best" teams can having kicking issues....there really aren't any no-brainer kicking recruits out there.

But doesn't it seem that Joe Blow U has a kicker that is 26-26 with a long of 56

btb916
11/6/2011, 03:53 PM

You won't hear me act like a lot of you did after Ears beat you a few weeks ago though and try to make excuses or blame our coaching staff--our players didn't EXECUTE on special teams and that was the sole difference in this game. We make just one of four missed fg's and the outcome probably would have been different, make two of them and it definitely would have been different.

I've said ALL YEAR here and everywhere else that LSU is the best, overall, most well-rounded team in the country and they proved it last night. Naturally, I'm disappointed but there is no shame for me in losing to them. The better team won.

Oh, and btw, lest we all remember that at least Bama didn't get jail-sexed in the first half and ultimately beaten by a 29pt underdog at home like some other team did...:)

I like you. You are balanced and thoughtful.

But to lay this one on your special teams is BS. Your coach never should have kept putting your kickers in the position he did. After TWO missed 50 yarders, it's damn well time to stop trying to make those and have some BALLS to go for it on 4th down.

Maybe the players wouldn't have executed and you'd have lost anyway. But as it stands, I blame this one on Saban for making a terrible decision time and again when it was painfully obvious your kickers didn't have that kind of distance or ability to make the long ball.

bluedogok
11/6/2011, 03:55 PM
Recruiting kickers is an absolute crap shoot, maybe the "best college kickers" tend not to be the highest recruited kickers coming out of high school. For every highly rated high school kicker it seems only a few work out as planned.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/6/2011, 03:57 PM
OSU seems to be pretty good at it

soonerhubs
11/6/2011, 03:59 PM

But to lay this one on your special teams is BS. Your coach never should have kept putting your kickers in the position he did. After TWO missed 50 yarders, it's damn well time to stop trying to make those and have some BALLS to go for it on 4th down.

Maybe the players wouldn't have executed and you'd have lost anyway. But as it stands, I blame this one on Saban for making a terrible decision time and again when it was painfully obvious your kickers didn't have that kind of distance or ability to make the long ball.

Give Saban a break. He can only give false promises of scholarships to so many players at one time. Maybe once he lets go of the "zen-master-motivator" dude from his coaching staff, he'll have room for more sunshine pumpers to recruit future greyshirts. ;)

meoveryouxinfinity
11/6/2011, 04:10 PM
SabanBall, bama should not be ashamed of that game. But if LSU is in the NC game, Bama should be the absolute last team deserving of a second chance.

Sabanball
11/6/2011, 04:17 PM

Yes, the 50 yd attempt by Foster WAS a bad coaching call by our staff, the correct call was to pooch punt it and play field position, NOT go for it. I agree with you on that particular one. However, that call was inconsequential to the outcome of the game, even though it resulted in LSU having much better field position on their following drive, which we stopped. Either course of action resulted in 0 points for us.

Still, Foster was within his range on the earlier 46 yd attempt and had he made that one its a different ball game.

Sabanball
11/6/2011, 04:23 PM
SabanBall, bama should not be ashamed of that game. But if LSU is in the NC game, Bama should be the absolute last team deserving of a second chance.

I'll leave that up to the BCS poll. Many still think we are the second best team in the country, but I have to be honest and say that I am generally against rematches on principle, outside of CCG's where they can be mandatory at times. The issue of which team is better has been settled. Why should the victor in the first game have to prove they are better again? Your 1979 Orange Bowl rematch with Nebraska is an example that comes to mind.

That being said, we operate in a system that we all agreed to in the BCS and if it sends us to NO the second week in January to play LSU again then I will not oppose it.

Sabanball
11/6/2011, 04:25 PM
Give Saban a break. He can only give false promises of scholarships to so many players at one time. Maybe once he lets go of the "zen-master-motivator" dude from his coaching staff, he'll have room for more sunshine pumpers to recruit future greyshirts. ;)

That 'zen master motivator dude' works for Bob too.

ashley
11/6/2011, 04:35 PM
In the Bama kickers defense the kicks were pretty long.

Sabanball
11/6/2011, 04:44 PM
In the Bama kickers defense the kicks were pretty long.

I'll grant you that on the 50 yd attempt, but Cade Foster was kicking 65 yd fgs in high school out in Texas. 44 and 46 yds should be within his range.

ashley
11/6/2011, 04:46 PM
My unbiased opinion is that Bama's offense is inept at best.

They outgained LSU 295 to 239. I would imagine most teams won't look too good against those teams.

ashley
11/6/2011, 04:48 PM
I'll grant you that on the 50 yd attempt, but Cade Foster was kicking 65 yd fgs in high school out in Texas. 44 and 46 yds should be within his range.

Maybe, but that was with a T.

wishbonesooner
11/6/2011, 04:51 PM

Nice try. Tidefans.com is full of posts blaming the coaching staff, Saban got outcoached, etc.

soonerhubs
11/6/2011, 04:58 PM
That 'zen master motivator dude' works for Bob too.

Trevor Moawad?

Sabanball
11/6/2011, 05:00 PM
Nice try. Tidefans.com is full of posts blaming the coaching staff, Saban got outcoached, etc.

Oh, I know, but not this fan. I don't speak for others.

ashley
11/6/2011, 05:02 PM

Thru 2009 the four longest field goals in Texas HS history were 61 thru 64 yds. and Foster is not listed.

sooner518
11/6/2011, 05:14 PM
If bama and lsu play again in the national title game, can you imagine the ****ty ratings that would get after that ****show yesterday?

JiminyChristmas
11/6/2011, 05:29 PM
Watching Patriots versus Giants. Scoreless at the 2 minute warning of the first half. espn headline and game announcers both pointing to inept offenses.

Why is it great D in bama v lsu, but inept offense in the nfl?

Bama/LSU do play very good D, but you also have to admit that their QB play is not even average for D1. Trent Richardson was clearly the best player on the field, but even with that, the rest of the Bama offense is so bad, it didn't matter. LSU knew they only had to stop Richardson.

There is not a "complete" team in all of college football this year. No team deserves the label "great". Not this year.

VA Sooner
11/6/2011, 06:21 PM
I enjoyed the game actually. Two defenses slugging it out and it came down to the two kicking teams... with the pressure on Bama most of the night with that Aussie punter having the night of his life last night and the Bama kicker having to kick from his side of the field, it seemed.

Good game... question answered. On to the next weekend.

SoonerKnight
11/6/2011, 07:14 PM
I'll leave that up to the BCS poll. Many still think we are the second best team in the country, but I have to be honest and say that I am generally against rematches on principle, outside of CCG's where they can be mandatory at times. The issue of which team is better has been settled. Why should the victor in the first game have to prove they are better again? Your 1979 Orange Bowl rematch with Nebraska is an example that comes to mind.

That being said, we operate in a system that we all agreed to in the BCS and if it sends us to NO the second week in January to play LSU again then I will not oppose it.

That last part of your post just negated all the rubbish before it!! :D

En_Fuego
11/6/2011, 07:20 PM
Offense ..............F