PDA

View Full Version : New formation is a nice adjustment.

HAMTTX
11/6/2011, 05:22 AM
This Bell kid could really pay off down the road. It was nice to see the offense pick up a first down with a play that everyone knew was coming and yet still worked. This could come in handy down the road. I do not know how tall/big he is, but the more he runs it the more comfortable he should get. Which should mean they could add to the package. I really liked the adjustment. That was a good job from this staff to not only recognize they had such an option, but to implement it as well.

oupride
11/6/2011, 05:51 AM
agree. Stunning to see it work, and although the game was won, everyone was expecting it.

AlbqSooner
11/6/2011, 07:52 AM
6'6" 241 according to the roster I have.

SunnySooner
11/6/2011, 09:07 AM
He's so frickin' big, if he just took the ball, stretched out and laid down, he could gain 5 yards!!

It cracks me up when I watch those plays, reminds me of elementary school when we'd just give the ball to the way-too-big-for-his-age kid and watch him plow thru all the little snots. It worked back then, too!!! lol!

tulsaoilerfan
11/6/2011, 11:40 AM
Makes me wonder why it took 8 games to come up with this package?

MsProudSooner
11/6/2011, 11:45 AM
Makes me wonder why it took 8 games to come up with this package?

Perhaps they wanted to keep it under wraps until the OSU game, but with the injury to Whaley, they felt they had to use it now.

According to Blake, he now weighs 255.

jumperstop
11/6/2011, 11:49 AM
I just hope we can see some of his passing abilities. This other stuff isn't going to work for ever I have feeling. Broyles was open enough on that one play he passed it, and could have gotten a td, but BB didn't see him.