PDA

View Full Version : Injury Report

SoonerofAlabama
11/6/2011, 12:55 AM
Need to hear who all is injured now. I hear now that Jamell Fleming suffered a hand inkury at some point in the gae. Who else?

Memtig14
11/6/2011, 02:36 AM
Seeing Broyles get hurt broke my heart.

IronHorseSooner
11/6/2011, 09:57 AM
He got dinged a bit, but was back out there. On the D side, we also need Wort, Jefferson, and Nelson to get healthier. This is a good time for a bye week!

SoonerofAlabama
11/6/2011, 10:08 AM
He got dinged a bit, but was back out there. On the D side, we also need Wort, Jefferson, and Nelson to get healthier. This is a good time for a bye week!

Stoops said Jefferson didn't play a lot because of the schemes A&M runs. Jefferson was ready to play, just didn't.

IronHorseSooner
11/6/2011, 10:09 AM
Stoops said Jefferson didn't play a lot because of the schemes A&M runs. Jefferson was ready to play, just didn't.

Good news, and I saw Nelson in there on the replay!

SoonerofAlabama
11/7/2011, 05:29 PM
Also, Christine Micahel tore his ACL as well.

starclassic tama
11/7/2011, 05:50 PM

i don't buy this at all from stoops. what exactly does A&M do on offense that is so incompatible with tony jefferson's style of play? i think the real issue is jefferon's injured foot

NormanPride
11/7/2011, 05:56 PM
It was size, I'd bet. Jefferson is about 200# while Ibby is like 215.

starclassic tama
11/7/2011, 06:03 PM
still doesn't explain much of anything. tannehill threw the ball 63 times, yet jefferson doesn't play due to scheme?

TheUnnamedSooner
11/7/2011, 06:08 PM
Need to hear who all is injured now. I hear now that Jamell Fleming suffered a hand inkury at some point in the gae. Who else?

You're gae.

SoonerKnight
11/7/2011, 06:45 PM
Inkury= Running out of ink and stabbing your other hand while shaking the pen trying to get the pen to work?

Is that part of football? :D

VA Sooner
11/7/2011, 06:55 PM
Jefferson was out due to a tweaked knee. He was on the sidelines and he looked like he was dying to get into the game... we beat A&M without him. Let him heal, get him ready for the Baylor game. For Iowa State, we need run blockers and Ibiloye is OK there. Wort seems to be the most valuable LB and Fleming at CB. Colvin and Hurst are solid. The DT rotation was good... rested in between possessions and developing more depth.

O-line was good... not sure if Habern was helpful or not... could have left Ikard at center and let Habern rest another week but Finch did very, very well in spite of the jumbled line.

But most importantly, need two weeks to work on new game plans/wrinkles to get the younger WRs into the mix and find out which one steps up. Stills is iffy with his hammy... good for the long ball if he's healthy. Jaz needs to focus on catching the ball with one hand and not two. So pressure is on Franks and Miller.

The Belldozer is the best new offensive package since the diamond formation and the Millard run up the middle on short downs.

We have two weeks to get ready for Iowa State and better run defense and work on the receiving corps. Will also give us time to work on defensive schemes to prepare for Baylor the week after.

We will also need to add some new twists to offense for the OSU game... I like the fact we brought in a whole new defensive package for the Cowboys two years ago. Still makes me smile.

OK coaches... it's all on you!

Jacie
11/7/2011, 07:01 PM
Seeing Broyles get hurt broke my heart.

Seeing Broyles get hurt ripped the heart out of this team.

cccasooner2
11/7/2011, 07:02 PM
Jefferson was out due to a tweaked knee. He was on the sidelines and he looked like he was dying to get into the game... we beat A&M without him. Let him heal, get him ready for the Baylor game. For Iowa State, we need run blockers and Ibiloye is OK there. Wort seems to be the most valuable LB and Fleming at CB. Colvin and Hurst are solid. The DT rotation was good... rested in between possessions and developing more depth.

O-line was good... not sure if Habern was helpful or not... could have left Ikard at center and let Habern rest another week but Finch did very, very well in spite of the jumbled line.

But most importantly, need two weeks to work on new game plans/wrinkles to get the younger WRs into the mix and find out which one steps up. Stills is iffy with his hammy... good for the long ball if he's healthy. Jaz needs to focus on catching the ball with one hand and not two. So pressure is on Franks and Miller.

The Belldozer is the best new offensive package since the diamond formation and the Millard run up the middle on short downs.

We have two weeks to get ready for Iowa State and better run defense and work on the receiving corps. Will also give us time to work on defensive schemes to prepare for Baylor the week after.

We will also need to add some new twists to offense for the OSU game... I like the fact we brought in a whole new defensive package for the Cowboys two years ago. Still makes me smile.

OK coaches... it's all on you!

Dislexic moment? :)

VA Sooner
11/7/2011, 07:36 PM
Dislexic moment? :)

Nope... he's much better with one hand than two.

SoonerGibb7
11/7/2011, 08:09 PM
Jamell's hand is fine. He was signing autographs after the game with much power.

SoonerKnight
11/7/2011, 08:23 PM
Jamell's hand is fine. He was signing autographs after the game with much power.

Did he get a inkury?

cvsooner
11/7/2011, 08:51 PM

OK coaches... it's all on you!I believe they play Baylor before playing Iowa State. At least on my calendar.

VA Sooner
11/7/2011, 09:31 PM
I believe they play Baylor before playing Iowa State. At least on my calendar.

Thanks for the correction... eyes still hurting from the weekend.

BoulderSooner79
11/8/2011, 12:15 AM
still doesn't explain much of anything. tannehill threw the ball 63 times, yet jefferson doesn't play due to scheme?

Conspiracy!

cvsooner
11/8/2011, 01:07 PM
They started throwing 'cause they weren't having much success running. Also, being down 31 points will force a few changes in strategy.