PDA

View Full Version : Bama/LSU game was...

Soonerus
11/6/2011, 12:26 AM
Like a crip fight...how pathetic...no way should Bama get a rematch, how boring !!!

jumperstop
11/6/2011, 12:29 AM
But just like their saying on tv. What's worse? A loss at home to tech or Bama at home to Lsu...I have a feeling the rematch idea is gaining some love. Texas-OU didn't get rematch love when we played a florida team who lost at home to ****ty ole miss. I'm just concerned week to week at this point...

OU_Sooners75
11/6/2011, 12:31 AM
There wont be a rematch.

LSU will slip up and guarantee us that.

That said, even if both win out from here...there wont be a rematch.

soonergirlNeugene
11/6/2011, 12:50 AM
Rematch isn't going to happen. We've already been down this road. I fully expect some media ******s will talk about it b/c they something that retarded will probably get them more clicks, but Stanford, OU, OSU, and Boise all get in before Bammer gets another crack at them.

soonercastor
11/6/2011, 12:53 AM
There wont be a rematch.

LSU will slip up and guarantee us that.

That said, even if both win out from here...there wont be a rematch.

There won't be a rematch that's for sure, but how do you think LSU slips up? they get their hardest game left at home; and up until today Arkansas hasn't looked that good.

Blue
11/6/2011, 12:58 AM
There won't be a rematch that's for sure, but how do you think LSU slips up? they get their hardest game left at home; and up until today Arkansas hasn't looked that good.

Crazier things have happened in the last 3 weeks of a college football season.

LiveLaughLove
11/6/2011, 01:28 AM
There wont be a rematch because while the talking heads are saying they want it out loud. Deep down none of them could stomach fighting sleep for 3 hours again like they had to tonight. It was an insomniacs dream game.

Reminded me of why I love Leach and hate soccer.

TulsaSooners
11/6/2011, 01:28 AM
There won't be a rematch, but anyone saying that that game was boring is no true fan of football. Watching K State and little brother give up big return returns, make big plays with little pressure, and miss tackles left and right might be more entertaining to those with little knowledge of the game or those who bet the over, but all of the talent was in the LSU-Alabama game. Both of those defenses are so good that it's absurd. LSU's offense is obviously the far more capable of the two (just ask Oregon, West Virginia, Florida, etc), but Alabama has far more offensive weapons than they are given credit for as well.

As a former safety and a coach, tonight's game was an absolute blast to watch for me. Simply incredible hits all around, with brilliant play calling and subsequent checkoffs that you got the feeling had been set up all year just for this game.

LiveLaughLove
11/6/2011, 01:43 AM
There won't be a rematch, but anyone saying that that game was boring is no true fan of football. Watching K State and little brother give up big return returns, make big plays with little pressure, and miss tackles left and right might be more entertaining to those with little knowledge of the game or those who bet the over, but all of the talent was in the LSU-Alabama game. Both of those defenses are so good that it's absurd. LSU's offense is obviously the far more capable of the two (just ask Oregon, West Virginia, Florida, etc), but Alabama has far more offensive weapons than they are given credit for as well.

As a former safety and a coach, tonight's game was an absolute blast to watch for me. Simply incredible hits all around, with brilliant play calling and subsequent checkoffs that you got the feeling had been set up all year just for this game.

Oh please spare me the sanctimony. If you like that boring stuff and thats your thing, great. It doesnt mean those of us that dont arent true football fans. I played organized ball from 4 years old through college. I played on the offensive side of things. I like offense. I like higher scoring games.

I dont like pitchers duels in baseball, and I dang sure didnt think this game tonight was any masterpiece. Not just because of the low score, but because of the sloppy offensive displays by both teams. As good as their defenses were, their offenses stunk. They were vanilla, sloppy, lazy and unimaginitive in their play calling. It was like watching pro teams trying not to lose, but having no guts to try and win.

So get off your high horse. If you liked the game, great. You dont need to tell the rest of us what we are or are not.

TulsaSooners
11/6/2011, 01:56 AM
Oh please spare me the sanctimony. If you like that boring stuff and thats your thing, great. It doesnt mean those of us that dont arent true football fans. I played organized ball from 4 years old through college. I played on the offensive side of things. I like offense. I like higher scoring games.

I dont like pitchers duels in baseball, and I dang sure didnt think this game tonight was any masterpiece. Not just because of the low score, but because of the sloppy offensive displays by both teams. As good as their defenses were, their offenses stunk. They were vanilla, sloppy, lazy and unimaginitive in their play calling. It was like watching pro teams trying not to lose, but having no guts to try and win.

So get off your high horse. If you liked the game, great. You dont need to tell the rest of us what we are or are not.

Wow. A little emotional tonight? You fail to see many of the nuances that were going on, but whatever. I could try to explain far more of the coaching philosophies on both sides of the ball (and believe me both teams had been setting up plays for this game the entire season), but honestly it's not worth explaining it to someone who would just get even angrier. I'll just say that if either coaching staff played the way that you would have liked (all gamble with no brains), I think that they would have been very disappointed with the result and would have had a lot of explaining to do to their fan base.

And I love to see a spectacular baseball pitcher work his magic rather than watching two teams beat up on tomato cans in a double digit baseball game :). To each his own.

Okie35
11/6/2011, 02:12 AM
The game was ugly. It wasn't fun to watch. Even LSU and Bama fans said each coach called terrible plays.

Zin
11/6/2011, 02:12 AM

I enjoy watching defensive performances as well. The 2002 Cotton bowl is one of the games I watch every year. That was such an amazing game defensively by the Sooners.

boomersooner28
11/6/2011, 08:05 AM
How many people outside the states of Alabama and Louisiana would watch a rematch of that snooze fest?

My guess: 17

OrlandoSooner
11/6/2011, 08:15 AM
How many people outside the states of Alabama and Louisiana would watch a rematch of that snooze fest?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

What did you say? I must have missed it.

SunnySooner
11/6/2011, 08:28 AM
The pukes/kitties would get a rematch before the TVHMFIC would allow round 2 of the Ambien Bowl.

That game was actually entertaining, ya know, pretty much the whole point of televised athletic events--entertainment.

DCsooner22
11/6/2011, 08:37 AM
At what point does bad offense give way to great defense...?

I read this on Espin:

Alabama's "... offense... scored two field goals and punted only twice, as the Tide did."

I don't recall every series, but is that true? Pretty incredible if so.

And... I dozed off a little in the second half, only to wake up in time for OT....

PLEASE, no rematch in the title game.

NormanPride
11/6/2011, 08:46 AM
Terrible, terrible game. It exposed what we already knew about these teams - that neither have any playmakers outside of Richardson, and both have terrible QBs that are prone to making mistakes against quality defenses. It was one of the worst games I have seen in my life.

IronHorseSooner
11/6/2011, 09:20 AM
They may land ahead of us this week in the polls, but it won't stay that way. If we beat the Pokes in their house, we move past them, and probably the media's other darlings, BSU. The problem is that the media are so in love with the SEC and BSU it is sickening. I swear that Musburger has either stock in some Idaho potato company or is secretly having a tryst with Chris Peterson. His love for the Smurf Turfers is sickening.

What is interesting is that the SEC West might = the Big XII South in 2008. What happens if Arky goes to Baton Rouge and gets a W? From what I understand, in a 3-way tie, the BCS would be used to eliminate the lowest-ranked team, then H2H would be used to determine a winner. If Arky did that, one could say that they would deserve the shot. They would have been the only one of the three to lose their game on the road and not at home. In that case, Arky would have the inside track to the MNC.

As for Stanford, after watching them struggle for more than a half against possibly the worst team in the BCS (Oregon State), I am even more convinced they will get beaten by Oregon at home. James Rogers was giving them fits, and if he can, you can bet that James and Barner will give them even more. BTW, if Stanford was to get to NO, them against LSU would be the most boring game in the history of the BCS. That game would be sponsored by Ambien.

The big picture still has not changed- Stanford loses, we win out, we are in.

MikeGundy'sPaperboy
11/6/2011, 09:28 AM

As a former soccer player, tonight's game was an absolute blast to watch for me. Simply love to watch low scoring games.

Fix

OU_Sooners75
11/6/2011, 09:37 AM

I think Arkansas matches up very well against LSU. All passing teams pretty much do.

The difference in this game IMHO will be turnovers. Arkansas minimizes the turnovers, they can very well win that game.

LSU's defense is as good as their front 7. Their secondary get a lot of hype, but are very average!

XingTheRubicon
11/6/2011, 10:21 AM
Yeah, that wasn't exciting like the 2001 Orange Bowl. doh

I loved the game last night, but then again, I've always preferred sure tackling, relentless pressure and single digits in points allowed...oh and the NC's that come along with it.

Or...I guess we can have that guy from Fox Sports SW, what is it, Joel Myers? introduce OU's entire team as that "high-octane offense." wooohooo! The SEC is getting ready to win their 6th straight National Championship, however, none of them have scored 60 points 5 games in a row. Not one. woo hoo!

FirstandGoal
11/6/2011, 10:21 AM
The pukes/kitties would get a rematch before the TVHMFIC would allow round 2 of the Ambien Bowl.

That game was actually entertaining, ya know, pretty much the whole point of televised athletic events--entertainment.

:D :D :D

Ambien Bowl..... I love it! If there really is a rematch, this is totally what they should call it.

FaninAma
11/6/2011, 10:26 AM

That game was boring and ugly. Both of those offenses are inept. OU will have played at least 5 offenses this year that are better than the crap either of those teams trotted out on the field.

If there is a rematch every non-SEC conference in the nation should withdraw from the BCS the next day.

FaninAma
11/6/2011, 10:28 AM
When you have a "game of the century" whose highlites consist of missed FGs and an underthrown pass then you know the game was a piece of crap.

delhalew
11/6/2011, 10:29 AM
It's true those offenses are pretty sad, but that LSU defense would give us fits. I can picture LJ being pretty rattled, and not much in the running game.

FaninAma
11/6/2011, 10:30 AM
Yeah, that wasn't exciting like the 2001 Orange Bowl. doh

I loved the game last night, but then again, I've always preferred sure tackling, relentless pressure and single digits in points allowed...oh and the NC's that come along with it.

Or...I guess we can have that guy from Fox Sports SW, what is it, Joel Myers? introduce OU's entire team as that "high-octane offense." wooohooo! The SEC is getting ready to win their 6th straight National Championship, however, none of them have scored 60 points 5 games in a row. Not one. woo hoo!

How would you know? Both offenses were so inept that they couldn't exploit any weaknesses in the defenses. i've read reports that their were receivers running open all night but neither team had a QB who would even be starting for a Big 12 team.

FaninAma
11/6/2011, 10:33 AM
It's true those offenses are pretty sad, but that LSU defense would give us fits. I can picture LJ being pretty rattled, and not much in the running game.

And the LSU offense would be one of the worst offense OU's defense has faced all year.

delhalew
11/6/2011, 10:35 AM
And the LSU offense would be one of the worst offense OU's defense has faced all year.

Can't argue with that. Their running back seems to have some skills though.

soonervegas
11/6/2011, 10:36 AM
If OU were to make it.... it would simply come down to if OU could produce 17-21 points without giving up any pick 6's.

FaninAma
11/6/2011, 10:37 AM
One other thing Rubicon. The BCS title game is an abheration in the world of sports. In no other setting does a team get 5+ weeks to prepare for the championship game. I would have liked OU's chances against Florida with only 1 week to prepare for the title game.

The BCS sucks and the fact that the championship game takes place so long after the regular season is one o the many reasons why.

delhalew
11/6/2011, 10:42 AM
One other thing Rubicon. The BCS title game is an abheration in the world of sports. In no other setting does a team get 5+ weeks to prepare for the championship game. I would have liked OU's chances against Florida with only 1 week to prepare for the title game.

The BCS sucks and the fact that the championship game takes place so long after the regular season is one o the many reasons why.

Every team that excels on offense will be at a disadvantage, so long as this is the case. Waiting a month to play the game is a disaster for a team that has it's offense clicking at the end of the year. Unless your offense clicking, means running the ball between the tackles all night.

freshchris05
11/6/2011, 12:00 PM

Especially when you have so much depth because everyone who can't play get's their scholarship taken away.

Sooner_Tuf
11/6/2011, 01:52 PM
"The SEC - it's a game of inches"

On the plus side they can start making better use of their space. They could put three circular arenas on the field. Give Saban a Top Hat and Les Miles a whip. Invite the Walenda family over and rewrite the game of college football.

freshchris05
11/6/2011, 01:55 PM
"The SEC - it's a game of inches"

On the plus side they can start making better use of their space. They could put three circular arenas on the field. Give Saban a Top Hat and Les Miles a whip. Invite the Walenda family over and rewrite the game of college football.

No whips, it'll just remind the fans where all the talent stems from...

freshchris05
11/6/2011, 02:06 PM
20% of the population... 90% of the two deep...

AlboSooner
11/6/2011, 02:15 PM
Rematch for what? We know now that LSU's kicker is better than Alabama;s.

Sabanball
11/6/2011, 02:50 PM
Rematch for what? We know now that LSU's kicker is better than Alabama;s.

Lol...exactly what Lou Holtz said last night, and for once in my life I agree with him(gosh...that's kinda scary:shame:)

XingTheRubicon
11/6/2011, 03:11 PM
How would you know? Both offenses were so inept that they couldn't exploit any weaknesses in the defenses. i've read reports that their were receivers running open all night but neither team had a QB who would even be starting for a Big 12 team.

I know because I know. Both offenses were inept because it was a defensive bloodbath. Receivers were open, but when a D line gives you one second to pass, there's not much you can do about it...see: 2009 Orange Bowl.

I hate the SEC and want their fans to catch fire. But that doesn't change the fact that LSU and BAMA are on a different level. The only team that would have a chance vs either team would be Stanford. OU, OSU, Boise etc. would have about a 5% chance of beating either one of those 2 teams I saw last night. Maybe 2%.

What we got to see last night was about as good as it gets, IMO...the 2 best teams in the country by far, slugging it out, blow for blow literally trying to kill eachother.

wishbonesooner
11/6/2011, 03:18 PM
I'm sorry, but the SEC hype has gotten to some people. The QB's in that game couldn't start for some high school teams. Bama couldn't run because LSU had no fear McCarron could hurt them. He missed throws that Landry would have made easily. It was boring football because it is so one dimensional.

LiveLaughLove
11/6/2011, 03:23 PM
What we got to see last night was about as good as it gets, IMO...the 2 best teams in the country by far, slugging it out, blow for blow literally trying to kill eachother.

Thats why the good Lord gave us all opinions. If all of the hype hadnt have happened, and some one woke up and didnt know anything about those two teams rankings or otherwise, I dont think they would have thought those were two teams head and shoulders better than everyone else. Their defenses are real good no doubt, but their offenses are equally crappy. The QBs stunk. The RBs were barely above average. Their receievers sort of sucked, and their Olines were average. Their OCs were unimaginative and played to not lose. Even being spotted the 25 yard line, neither could score a TD, and only one could score a freaking field goal. Pathetic.

If Bama is going to play that style, it is incumbent upon the mighty Saban to have a great kicker. Guess the mighty have fallen. Taken as a WHOLE team, LSU beat a slightly above average team last night. Then again, thats my opinion.

bluedogok
11/6/2011, 03:26 PM
When you have a "game of the century" whose highlites consist of missed FGs and an underthrown pass then you know the game was a piece of crap.
A true "Game of the Century" gets named that after the game because of the stellar game, not before by hype machines. Every game proclaimed a "Game of the Century" before it happens has always been a disappointment.

A few weeks ago on Gameday there was a segment with Urban Meyer about the "hyperspeed offenses" like OU and Oregon have. He basically said that they would not have been able to scheme against the OU offense if they had only one week between that game and the previous one. The extended time granted them the ability to figure out how to scheme a defense for it.

I still think there should be three BCS games on January 1 (or the 2nd when the 1st falls on Sunday like this year), one game on the 2nd and the NCG should be January 3 like it used to be, not a week after the other games. The other bowl games should be relegated to December 31st and earlier. The BCS title game gets enough hype, they really don't need a whole week to hype it more just like the Superbowl doesn't need the extra week.

Sabanball
11/6/2011, 03:27 PM
I'm sorry, but the SEC hype has gotten to some people. The QB's in that game couldn't start for some high school teams. Bama couldn't run because LSU had no fear McCarron could hurt them. He missed throws that Landry would have made easily. It was boring football because it is so one dimensional.Wishbone,

You're entitled to your opinion, but not your own set of facts. Our O is actually very balanced statistically, LSU's is too though not as much as ours. McKarron may not put up the video game-like numbers that Jones does, but he has been very efficient, completing 67% of his passes and only 3 picks against 10 td passes. You're giving him a bad rap that he does not deserve. Can he improve? Sure, and he will--he's only a sophomore.

You guys are MUCH closer to being one-dimensional than we are.

btb916
11/6/2011, 03:38 PM
Wow. A little emotional tonight? You fail to see many of the nuances that were going on, but whatever.

How do you know what he does and/or doesn't see? You have no idea. But whatever.

I thought the game was fairly boring from an entertainment perspective. The play was physical, both teams' HBs dealt some major hits to some stout LBs and that was enjoyable. I thought both teams were tremendous defensively. The game wasn't great though. Saban's decision to continue kicking 49-53 yard field goals was perplexing. McCarron basically giving up on that 3rd down play in overtime and diving forward for a sack was kind of sad. So...solid defenses, but overall not a great game.

oudivesherpa
11/6/2011, 04:15 PM
The game was about as exciting as a turtle trying to mate with a bowling ball.

GORILLA BALL
11/6/2011, 04:22 PM

Per CBS second highest regular season game in 25+ years

wishbonesooner
11/6/2011, 04:45 PM
[/B]Wishbone,

You're entitled to your opinion, but not your own set of facts. Our O is actually very balanced statistically, LSU's is too though not as much as ours. McKarron may not put up the video game-like numbers that Jones does, but he has been very efficient, completing 67% of his passes and only 3 picks against 10 td passes. You're giving him a bad rap that he does not deserve. Can he improve? Sure, and he will--he's only a sophomore.

You guys are MUCH closer to being one-dimensional than we are.

I wasn't talking about how many pass plays were called, I was talking about how effective they were. I heard the stat about Bama running the same number of pass plays as running plays the last 3 years against LSU. Pass plays dont get first downs and keep the defense honest. You guys would have won last night if your young QB had just made 2 or 3 throws for first downs. I know Bama does not look for a QB to win games, just not to lose them. My point is a program like Bama, as good as they are, still needs a QB to make plays when the run game isn't getting it done.

LiveLaughLove
11/6/2011, 05:33 PM
Per CBS second highest regular season game in 25+ years

Id like to know what it was about midway through the third quarter, and how many of those people were actually awake.

Given all of the hype, Im surprised it was only second highest. I know for me, I watched it 70/30 over the KSU/OSU game til about 2 series into the third. Then it became 50/50, then it quickly became 70/30 the other way. It was painful to watch, and I had seen all I needed to see to know the hype was way over the top and uindeserved.

LSUdeek
11/6/2011, 05:53 PM
A true "Game of the Century" gets named that after the game because of the stellar game, not before by hype machines. Every game proclaimed a "Game of the Century" before it happens has always been a disappointment.

A few weeks ago on Gameday there was a segment with Urban Meyer about the "hyperspeed offenses" like OU and Oregon have. He basically said that they would not have been able to scheme against the OU offense if they had only one week between that game and the previous one. The extended time granted them the ability to figure out how to scheme a defense for it.

I still think there should be three BCS games on January 1 (or the 2nd when the 1st falls on Sunday like this year), one game on the 2nd and the NCG should be January 3 like it used to be, not a week after the other games. The other bowl games should be relegated to December 31st and earlier. The BCS title game gets enough hype, they really don't need a whole week to hype it more just like the Superbowl doesn't need the extra week.

So with the ability to coach against the hurry up, it becomes about the talent on the field rather than the fact that gimmicky *** offenses can get snaps off in eight seconds. Does this irritate you?

MamaMia
11/6/2011, 09:41 PM
If the polls were based on Defense Only, I would agree with Bama being ranked ahead of us. It was the most boring game I have ever watched.

btb916
11/6/2011, 11:57 PM
So with the ability to coach against the hurry up, it becomes about the talent on the field rather than the fact that gimmicky *** offenses can get snaps off in eight seconds. Does this irritate you?

You irritate me.

SoonerMom2
11/7/2011, 12:17 AM
No matter what LSU and AL posters want to post on the Soonerfans message board, it doesn't take away from the fact that both schools have horrible offenses and it wasn't all from the defense. Quarterbacks were horrible and took all night to get a play off. Game was horrible and there is no amount of posting that changes the fact that the vast majority of the country has no desire to see a rematch. ESPN is telling people that the SEC should get three in the BCS when the rules only allow two teams. ESPN wants to determine everything. Why stop at three teams -- make it five so all the conferences have to play a SEC team in a BCS Bowl.

Iam4OUru
11/7/2011, 12:20 AM

"Brilliant" play calling? Are you kidding me?

I like defensive battles, too, and this was certainly one. But, I think it was just as offensive-less as it was defensive....and, not necessarily due to the defenses. It definitely was not "One for the ages" or "The game of the century". Quite honestly, I was disappointed and not because LSU won.

cyclonesooner
11/7/2011, 01:20 AM
I too, would not like to see a rematch. As a coach and football traditionalist I do admit to getting a lot of satisfaction watching Pro style offenses beat up on the spread offense teams. I think the spread is the worst thing to happen to modern football. The dink and dunk can be very boring in its own right and the offensive line play is a joke. I used to really enjoy watching the sooners offensive line get off the ball during the wishbone days. They were aggressive. I would sure like to see OU run the Stanford offense .

hawaii 5-0
11/7/2011, 01:24 AM
Back of the line, Bama !!

5-0

jkjsooner
11/7/2011, 10:01 AM
I thought the game was entertaining and I enjoyed the defensive battle.

That being said, I think the doubters are correct to question just how good these offenses are. The fact is that Oregon and WVU both moved the ball fairly well on LSU's defense. It's clear that Alabama is light years behind Oregon and WVU offensively.

I'm not sure what you can say about LSU's offense because Alabama has been more consistent defensively but they haven't played an offense that compares to WVU or Oregon.

One might point out that both WVU and Oregon's offense lost the game by turning the ball over and Alabama was playing conservative to avoid that fate. Had they been more aggressive they may have moved the ball more consistently but may have also lost the game due to turnovers. In that respect maybe Alabama played a better offensive game by limiting the turnovers. While the may be some truth to that, a championship team should not play in a shell as these teams did.

The thing that irritates me is the idea that title games are always about defense and explosive offensive teams couldn't compete in the SEC. If the SEC were as advanced as they believe then logic would tell you that every NFL game would end with a 6-3 score. Afterall, the worst NFL defense is light years ahead of any college defense. The fact is that that is not the case.

Don't take me wrong. I'm not slaming Bama or LSU because their defense doesn't compare to NFL defenses. That would be very unfair. What I am saying is that the NFL example shows that a good offense can move the ball against a very good defense. My point is that at the very highest level, recent history has shown that you better be able to move the ball and score points to win championships.

One other thing that irritates me is the condescending attitude that SEC homers have against high scoring offenses. It was just about 15 years ago when the SEC was full of pass happy teams putting up tons of points every game. Those same SEC homers laughed at the Big 12 for their smash mouth run oriented offenses. We were dinosaurs. (Well, I bet Florida and Tennessee weren't laughing when NU pounded their a$$es into the ground.)

XingTheRubicon
11/7/2011, 11:40 AM
Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.Shouldn't have lost to Tech.

BoulderSooner79
11/7/2011, 11:41 AM
Your point?

LSUdeek
11/7/2011, 12:39 PM
You irritate me.

Cogent response. LSU proved what it can do against this offense in the opener.

The Maestro
11/7/2011, 12:46 PM
6 of LSU's opponents scored more than Bama did, and that was without getting a chance to score in overtime as well.

The point? Bama's offense sucks. If not, they would have scored more than 6 points in a 60 minute plus one possession game.

You had your shot...they have now maxed out in the BCS...their slide will begin down. I just hope it doesn't come down to the damn Arkansas-Texas A&M game the Aggies blew. That is the ONE non-conference game that holds us back in this crazy computer and BCS world.

LSUdeek
11/7/2011, 12:52 PM
That being said, I think the doubters are correct to question just how good these offenses are. The fact is that Oregon and WVU both moved the ball fairly well on LSU's defense. It's clear that Alabama is light years behind Oregon and WVU offensively.

The game plan on defense was to allow them to move the ball by giving up the 5 and 7 yard pass completions, stop the run, force the QBs to throw 50 plus times, and allow our defensive backfield to force turnovers. It happened in both football games. Our special teams (almost 20 punts downed inside the 10) forces the opposition to have to drive the length of the football field.

One might point out that both WVU and Oregon's offense lost the game by turning the ball over and Alabama was playing conservative to avoid that fate. Had they been more aggressive they may have moved the ball more consistently but may have also lost the game due to turnovers. In that respect maybe Alabama played a better offensive game by limiting the turnovers. While the may be some truth to that, a championship team should not play in a shell as these teams did.

Alabama doesn't play a spread passing attack. Their gameplan is to run Richardson and throw screen passes to Richardson. It was effective between the 20's. Alabama was able to reach the red area only once during the entire football game.

One other thing that irritates me is the condescending attitude that SEC homers have against high scoring offenses. It was just about 15 years ago when the SEC was full of pass happy teams putting up tons of points every game. Those same SEC homers laughed at the Big 12 for their smash mouth run oriented offenses. We were dinosaurs. (Well, I bet Florida and Tennessee weren't laughing when NU pounded their a$$es into the ground.)

I believe that Florida and Tennessee were the only teams that ran this type of offense 15 years ago.

The thing that irritates me is the idea that title games are always about defense and explosive offensive teams couldn't compete in the SEC. If the SEC were as advanced as they believe then logic would tell you that every NFL game would end with a 6-3 score. Afterall, the worst NFL defense is light years ahead of any college defense. The fact is that that is not the case.

The defensive talent, recruiting, and coaching is the best in the SEC. This is why explosive offensive teams cannot compete consistently. Arkansas may seem to be an exception to this rule since Petrino arrived.