PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Broyles in the NFL Draft

stoops the eternal pimp
11/5/2011, 08:59 PM
I know we wish for a speedy recovery for Broyles and some of you may be thinking about his draft stock now..

I've spoken to scouts from 3 services who feel and say the same thing I do...That this injury will have little effect on his draft status. There is enough game film from him over his career that show what he can do, they all know this is a common injury in sports today, and he shouldn't have any problems bouncing back.

Ryan has great hands, a ball plucker, and plays the slot very well..Sits down in coverage and plays his position smart..Not a speedster, but adequate...He wasn't going to wow at the combine and somehow push himself up higher unless he grew 4 inches and gained 20 lbs..

His body of work will speak for itself..By the time the draft rolls around, he will be nearly 6 months into recovery....I said the same thing about Bradford and about Gresham...There is enough already to show what he can do

Where do I think that is? I don't think he ever was a 1st round pick for the next draft which is going to be defensive player heavy again..Right now, without knowing who is going to early declare, he is a mid/late 2nd, perhaps early 3rd..Most agree that's where he already was...

Take it however you want.

JLEW1818
11/5/2011, 09:02 PM
glad to hear.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/5/2011, 09:04 PM
I figured that much but I wanted some guys to reinforce my opinion...I'm waiting for the same posters to call me crazy again like when I said that about Bradford

Okie35
11/5/2011, 09:04 PM
that's why I couldn't believe someone saying this destroys his draft stock... it doesn't at all. I wish him the best in his recovery and the future.

soonerboomer93
11/5/2011, 09:07 PM
I didn't think it would hurt his stock, good to know this is the case.

JLEW1818
11/5/2011, 09:11 PM
he is going to the NFL for his ability to catch the ball... i doubt scouts really are in love with his running after catch anyways. just gotta make sure the can make the quick cuts.

i teared up when i saw his face. he will be fine. he is not dead. has a college degree, and still a chance to get millions. Ryan will be fine. I love him.

Blue
11/5/2011, 09:12 PM
He'd look great in a Saints uniform. :D

Boomer.....
11/5/2011, 09:31 PM
I didn't think it would really hurt. Thanks for the word STEP.

SoonerMom2
11/5/2011, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the info! How about Sam's slot receiver?

jumperstop
11/5/2011, 09:40 PM
Thanks for the info! How about Sam's slot receiver?

I would love to see that

Boomer.....
11/5/2011, 09:45 PM
Isn't that what Amendola(sp) is?

Okie35
11/5/2011, 09:56 PM
Isn't that what Amendola(sp) is?

Yea he is when he can stay on the field. Sam needs all the help he can get.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/5/2011, 11:50 PM
The Rams don't need anymore slot receivers...Now about every other team in the league does though

Soonerfan88
11/5/2011, 11:52 PM
Thanks for the info. I figured he was going to be early 3rd without the injury, just because of his size.

soonerlaw
11/6/2011, 07:03 AM
Does anyone know about what the recovery time is for an ACL tear for an elite athlete? With RB, I doubt he will be 100% b the combine/draft, but what about training camp or the start of the season?

Aries
11/6/2011, 07:14 AM
Does anyone know about what the recovery time is for an ACL tear for an elite athlete? With RB, I doubt he will be 100% b the combine/draft, but what about training camp or the start of the season?

Usually takes a year, from what I've heard.

swardboy
11/6/2011, 07:46 AM
You're crazy and you don't know a thing you're talking about.

:biggrin:....ACTUALLY that's very good to hear. I see him in a Mark Clayton mold...able to get separation, great hands. Not a consistent deep threat, but more than a dink and dunk receiver. And I think he'll put his heart and soul into rehabbing.

SunnySooner
11/6/2011, 07:46 AM
Thanks for posting, Step, I was wondering. Good to know. I think he'd look FABULOUS in teal, his old Big 12 buddy Gabbert needs SOMEONE to throw that dang thing to!!!! Plus, there's a beach!!! Win/Win!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

trwxxa
11/6/2011, 09:31 AM
Good to hear. Although my Texans need another WR, they do not utilize slot receivers so I don't see Ryan ending up down here.

The change is the salary structure for draftees should also keep him in that 2nd/early 3rd area since teams do not need to make as large of an upfront financial committment. His return skills will help also.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/6/2011, 09:58 AM

Used to be a full year, but its around 6-9 months now

JLEW1818
11/6/2011, 10:00 AM
yep what happened to Wes Welker... his was super quick

rock on sooner
11/6/2011, 11:39 AM
Step, thanks for the assessment. I agree mostly, but I figured Ryan for a higher 2nd round...after Blackmon and Jeffries...both
bigger guys but Ryan's hands are better.

BoulderSooner79
11/6/2011, 11:48 AM
yep what happened to Wes Welker... his was super quick

And Welker's happened much later - it was in the playoffs.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/6/2011, 03:52 PM
Yeah..That whole procedure isn't near what it used to be...

Therealsouthsider
11/6/2011, 04:00 PM
... Broyles will have more impact than Welker in the pros...there...I said it

ss

colleyvillesooner
4/27/2012, 08:02 PM
I know we wish for a speedy recovery for Broyles and some of you may be thinking about his draft stock now..

I've spoken to scouts from 3 services who feel and say the same thing I do...That this injury will have little effect on his draft status. There is enough game film from him over his career that show what he can do, they all know this is a common injury in sports today, and he shouldn't have any problems bouncing back.

Ryan has great hands, a ball plucker, and plays the slot very well..Sits down in coverage and plays his position smart..Not a speedster, but adequate...He wasn't going to wow at the combine and somehow push himself up higher unless he grew 4 inches and gained 20 lbs..

His body of work will speak for itself..By the time the draft rolls around, he will be nearly 6 months into recovery....I said the same thing about Bradford and about Gresham...There is enough already to show what he can do

Where do I think that is? I don't think he ever was a 1st round pick for the next draft which is going to be defensive player heavy again..Right now, without knowing who is going to early declare, he is a mid/late 2nd, perhaps early 3rd..Most agree that's where he already was...

Take it however you want.

http://youtu.be/1jUBbCgMWmE

VA Sooner
4/28/2012, 06:23 PM
Yep... little effect on his draft status. All the way up to 2nd round... good job, Mr. Broyles.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/30/2012, 04:03 PM
Great place to end up with a good quarterback, a #1 that draws a lot of attention..