View Full Version : Official Game of the Century Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

Blue
11/5/2011, 10:36 PM
Theres gonna be some domestic violence of the century tonight.

LiveLaughLove
LOL, no TDs the whole game. What a great game of the century. Played like games at the start of LAST century!

SoonerMom2
Idiot woman -- lived up to the hype! No way! Offense was missing!

Judge Smails
Lived up to the hype my azz

GreenSooner
11/5/2011, 10:37 PM
Maybe if there's a rematch, someone will score a TD ;-)

marfacowboy
only took 'em about 30 seconds to bring up the rematch

soonerfromgeorgia
Watching this game...I really do not think either of these teams are what everyone has hyped them up to be.

Neither has an offense worth a ****...and I really do think OU, Stanford, and OSU could beat them!

So are you saying Taco Tech could beat these to teams since they beat one of the teams you listed as being better?

oumartin
11/5/2011, 10:38 PM
REMATCH REMATCH REMATCH

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
That game sucked. Some seriously crappy offenses.

AlboSooner
Lol @ CBS

KSU is impressive

SoonerMom2
11/5/2011, 10:39 PM
Do these announcers on the game break that keep calling this the game of the century know how dumb they look to the people watching the game?

soonerfromgeorgia
Idiot woman -- lived up to the hype! No way! Offense was missing!

And the defense is missing from another big 12 game, OSU gonna win 52-45

marfacowboy
I'm not sure you could find two completely different fan bases than Stanford's and LSU's. The National Merit Scholar crowd vs. alcoholic thugs.

StoopTroup
11/5/2011, 10:40 PM
Snidely Whiplash and 5 seconds!

soonerfromgeorgia
Defense wins championships guys.

Peach Fuzz
OSU stanford and OU would have a hard time moving against these teams...

Blue
And the defense is missing from another big 12 game, OSU gonna win 52-45

Did you see the S car Arky game. It was similar.

StoopTroup
11/5/2011, 10:41 PM
ONE SECOND OF LIFE LEFT IN STOOLWATER....LOL

SoonerMom2
11/5/2011, 10:42 PM
Neither quarterback was very good and the play calling on offense was horrible.

StoopTroup
Gumby pulled it out....

jcvsooner
Oh jeez. Spare us the rematch, please.

Judge Smails
11/5/2011, 10:43 PM
That game was horrible

soonerfromgeorgia
11/5/2011, 10:44 PM
with Whaley and Broyles OU could beat OSU, don't think so without.

StoopTroup
If you could mix the ksu vs oSu game with the lsu vs bama game you could maybe have a pretty decent game to watch.

OU_Sooners75
So are you saying Taco Tech could beat these to teams since they beat one of the teams you listed as being better?

And the village idiot speaks.

OU_Sooners75
11/5/2011, 10:46 PM
OSU stanford and OU would have a hard time moving against these teams...

No they wouldn't...its called having an offense.

Peach Fuzz
Pretty fun night in college football

OU_Sooners75
Defense wins championships guys.

Kind of like last year, right?

freshchris05
****ty offense makes good defense look even better

GreenSooner
11/5/2011, 10:47 PM
Hard to say who actually deserves to be in the MNC game. Think how exciting an eight-team playoff would be. The BCS sux!

freshchris05
11/5/2011, 10:48 PM
F your dumb ***, you talk big crap from behind a keyboard.

lol

freshchris05
11/5/2011, 10:52 PM
I can guarantee you sooner75's "life partner" is disappointed in him and cheats on him with another guy.

where at in Georgia are you from?

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l140/JFK_Jr/OT/deliverance_dueling_banjos.jpg

StoopTroup
11/5/2011, 10:53 PM
So.....oSu is so good that they can line up against OU's Defense and just go untouched like they did against KSU's Defense in the 4th quarter.

Yeah right. Some folks really need to re-watch some of our games.

We pounded A&M today in the 3rd quarter so bad that they couldn't figure out what to do about it. KSU had it happen too. This all happened while we were suffering from injuries. Wort (Our Leader on Defense) left T-Lew out there with our depth chart and T-Lew even went out a few times and left our back up Linebackers out there. We still beat them solid.

Whaley and Broyles aren't on Defense. We played oSu last year and they couldn't out score us then....and I don't see them taking apart our defense like they did Snyder's tonight.

soonerfromgeorgia
11/5/2011, 10:56 PM
where at in Georgia are you from?

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l140/JFK_Jr/OT/deliverance_dueling_banjos.jpg

so close to Florida I drove to tallahassee in less than a hour for that matchup.

Blue
11/5/2011, 10:56 PM
Another earthquake?

soonerfromgeorgia
11/5/2011, 10:58 PM
So.....oSu is so good that they can line up against OU's Defense and just go untouched like they did against KSU's Defense in the 4th quarter.

Yeah right. Some folks really need to re-watch some of our games.

We pounded A&M today in the 3rd quarter so bad that they couldn't figure out what to do about it. KSU had it happen too. This all happened while we were suffering from injuries. Wort (Our Leader on Defense) left T-Lew out there with our depth chart and T-Lew even went out a few times and left our back up Linebackers out there. We still beat them solid.

Whaley and Broyles aren't on Defense. We played oSu last year and they couldn't out score us then....and I don't see them taking apart our defense like they did Snyder's tonight.

I hope you are right, but I just don't see it.

Sooner5030
11/5/2011, 11:14 PM
I felt that earthquake all the way in Missery. WTF?

Sabanball
11/5/2011, 11:14 PM
Just like I thought--a tough, hard-fought, low-scoring game--but with a different result than what I had predicted. It's disappointing, but the better team DID win tonight. Our weak special teams play(specifically, fg kicking) was finally exposed. You cannot leave that many points on the table against a team as good as LSU and not expect a bad outcome. While I thought we put our placekicker(s) in some bad positions, we should have been able to make at least one of our 4 missed kicks--had we done that, the result may have been different.

I hope things work out where you guys will get a shot at LSU. In the meantime, our championship run is over--we'll probably end up in the Florida Citrus Bowl where we'll punk a Big 10 team again.

AlboSooner
11/5/2011, 11:16 PM
Just like I thought--a tough, hard-fought, low-scoring game--but with a different result than what I had predicted. It's disappointing, but the better team DID win tonight. Our weak special teams play(specifically, fg kicking) was finally exposed. You cannot leave that many points on the table against a team as good as LSU and not expect a bad outcome. While I thought we put our placekicker(s) in some bad positions, we should have been able to make at least one of our 4 missed kicks--had we done that, the result may have been different.

I hope things work out where you guys will get a shot at LSU. In the meantime, our championship run is over--we'll probably end up in the Florida Citrus Bowl where we'll punk a Big 10 team again.

My unbiased opinion is that Saban is overrated. It might hurt right now, but this is my unbiased, opinion, you now from outside.

kevpks
11/5/2011, 11:47 PM

Why wouldn't Bama get an at-large bid? You know the SEC will get two BCS spots and no one from the East will get it. Heck, Bama could probably even lose another game and end up in the Sugar Bowl.

Red
11/6/2011, 12:13 AM

Good to see a poster take a loss so level headed, unlike most people on this forum... well then again it wasn't against TTU. I tend to think higher about 'Bama fans simple because of you.

In related news, I haven't read the rest of the thread, but was anyone else bored to tears in that game? Or was it just me..

booomer
11/6/2011, 12:17 AM
Good to see a poster take a loss so level headed, unlike most people on this forum... well then again it wasn't against TTU. I tend to think higher about 'Bama fans simple because of you.

In related news, I haven't read the rest of the thread, but was anyone else bored to tears in that game? Or was it just me..

Very bored. There was no qb play and no offense......why is that considered outstanding football??? I don't get it.

OU_Sooners75
11/6/2011, 12:19 AM
F your dumb ***, you talk big crap from behind a keyboard.

Aww....Nancy, you okay?

OU_Sooners75
11/6/2011, 12:20 AM
I can guarantee you sooner75's "life partner" is disappointed in him and cheats on him with another guy.

Nancy...calm down a bit there darlin!

LSUdeek
11/6/2011, 12:20 AM
LSU would roll anyone from the Big XII, Stanford, or Boise. You guys know it in your heart. Stay tuned.

Red
11/6/2011, 12:21 AM
Very bored. There was no qb play and no offense......why is that considered outstanding football??? I don't get it.

I understand both teams have good defenses. But seriously 4 missed field goals, and HORRIBLE OFFENSE/Missed catches/horrible play calling make those defenses look a wee bit better.

soonergirlNeugene
11/6/2011, 12:22 AM
LSU would roll anyone from the Big XII, Stanford, or Boise. You guys know it in your heart. Stay tuned.

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/50269_120552707962492_3111207_n.jpg

LSUdeek
11/6/2011, 12:22 AM
Are u mad because you are a Sooner fan or mad because Oregon is your #2 team? Either way, u mad.

Blue
11/6/2011, 12:23 AM

Whatever doosh. I see your true lsu colors can't help but come out after that orgasm of the century for you.

tulsaoilerfan
11/6/2011, 12:24 AM
Those are some of the worst QB's i have ever seen

tulsaoilerfan
11/6/2011, 12:25 AM
For real

Red
11/6/2011, 12:25 AM
Are u mad because you are a Sooner fan or mad because Oregon is your #2 team? Either way, u mad.

Yep. So mad.

OU_Sooners75
11/6/2011, 12:28 AM

Get real tool.

LSU got fortunate that Bama missed two FGs wide right and one blocked in regulation.

Make just one of those and LSU loses.

Now if LSU has any form of offense, then they may stand a chance. LSU will have one advantage though...if they make it...they play in their own back yard again.

I would not be surprised if LSU slips up to Arkansas...allowing for a 3 way tie in the West. Arkansas or Bama going on to play SC and winning the SEC outright and LSU going to some non-BCS bowl.

The luck of the Mad Hatter will run out sooner than later...that or LSU will be on probation sooner....LOL

LSU plays on luck. Their best win, Bama and Oregon are very comparable to FSU, KSU, and Texass.

LSUdeek
11/6/2011, 12:30 AM
Whatever doosh. I see your true lsu colors can't help but come out after that orgasm of the century for you.

I have to troll on occasion.

soonergirlNeugene
11/6/2011, 12:32 AM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/10/21/129006622940633826.jpg

LSUdeek
11/6/2011, 12:35 AM
Get real tool.

LSU got fortunate that Bama missed two FGs wide right and one blocked in regulation.

Make just one of those and LSU loses.

Good thing that ifs and buts aren't candy and nuts.

LSU knows that Alabama's kicking game is putrid. Therefore, if LSU stops Alabama outside of the 25 yardline, it's a win for LSU. They should have recruited more scholarship kickers.

Now if LSU has any form of offense, then they may stand a chance. LSU will have one advantage though...if they make it...they play in their own back yard again.

I think we do just fine against teams not named Alabama.

The luck of the Mad Hatter will run out sooner than later...that or LSU will be on probation sooner....LOL

I'm still waiting for this luck to run out. Y'all keep telling me it will. :eagerness:

LSU plays on luck. Their best win, Bama and Oregon are very comparable to FSU, KSU, and Texass.

No. Just no. Stop typing now.

LSUdeek
11/6/2011, 12:36 AM
Since I'm on your board, I'm not going to respond in kind.

OU_Sooners75
11/6/2011, 12:45 AM
Good thing that ifs and buts aren't candy and nuts.

LSU knows that Alabama's kicking game is putrid. Therefore, if LSU stops Alabama outside of the 25 yardline, it's a win for LSU. They should have recruited more scholarship kickers.

I think we do just fine against teams not named Alabama.

I'm still waiting for this luck to run out. Y'all keep telling me it will. :eagerness:

No. Just no. Stop typing now.

It will run out...all good things end sooner or later.

Anyway....had Bama had any resemblance (or LSU for that matter) of an offense....then yeah...I would agree that the two teams were good.

But neither do have good offenses.

Fact, LSU with their oversized LBs and DL will get worn down if they play a team like OU or OSU.

Now, before I go any further, I do think LSU and Bama have two very good defenses. But neither has a good offense and it showed tonight.

I also think LSU has the best DL in the nation...but we all saw what can happen to LSU when they are playing against a fast paced no huddle offense....the difference between Oregon, WVU and OU, OSU is, OU and OSU has the experience and leadership that WVU doesnt and Oregon didnt have in game one.

That said, I really do not think LSU is nearly as good as the media wants to say they are.....And I have been saying that since the WVU game.

LSUdeek
11/6/2011, 12:54 AM
Fact, LSU with their oversized LBs and DL will get worn down if they play a team like OU or OSU.

Now, before I go any further, I do think LSU and Bama have two very good defenses. But neither has a good offense and it showed tonight.

I also think LSU has the best DL in the nation...but we all saw what can happen to LSU when they are playing against a fast paced no huddle offense....the difference between Oregon, WVU and OU, OSU is, OU and OSU has the experience and leadership that WVU doesnt and Oregon didnt have in game one.

Neither Landry Jones nor Weeden are better than Darron Thomas or Geno Smith. You run the same offense that they run. We shut both of them down. Even if you were to be able to throw for bunches of yards, Landry is prone to turnovers. I don't believe OU can stop our running game nor do I believe your defense can stop the play action pass.

Blue
11/6/2011, 12:56 AM
Our resident SEC fans Sabanball and LSUdeek. Wolves in sheeps clothing. Lol.

8timechamps
11/6/2011, 12:57 AM
Neither Landry Jones nor Weeden are better than Darron Thomas or Geno Smith. You run the same offense that they run. We shut both of them down. Even if you were to be able to throw for bunches of yards, Landry is prone to turnovers. I don't believe OU can stop our running game nor do I believe your defense can stop the play action pass.

Deek, you really need to watch some OU football before making that claim. I'm not saying either is at the top of the heap, but they are both as good as, if not better than Thomas or Smith.

What I don't understand is why LSU didn't run more option. If I were playing against those big LB's, I woulda tried to wear them down as quickly as possible. Good defenses though.

LSUdeek
11/6/2011, 01:09 AM
Deek, you really need to watch some OU football before making that claim. I'm not saying either is at the top of the heap, but they are both as good as, if not better than Thomas or Smith.

What I don't understand is why LSU didn't run more option. If I were playing against those big LB's, I woulda tried to wear them down as quickly as possible. Good defenses though.

I did watch the entirety of the Texas Tech game. What I saw from Landry is a rocket arm but occasional indecisiveness. I also saw him, despite facing little pressure from TTU's defense, be very inconsistent with his accuracy.

Would I take him over both of LSU's QB's in a heartbeat? Yes.

Do I think LSU can shut him down completely? Also yes.

LiveLaughLove
11/6/2011, 01:13 AM

Thats some absurd crap right there. I dont make it a habit to take up for an aggie, but for crying out loud!

Weeden and LJ are light years ahead of those two, and our offenses are light years ahead of those. The freaking SEC doesnt have the best at every stinking position in the country. Both teams receivers are far superior and thats after losing Broyles. LJ isnt any more "prone" to INTs than those idiots.

You have a great defense. Your offense sucks big time. You were gifted several times tonight with great field position and you couldnt stick it in the end zone once. Not once! OU and OSU both would have done so.

Our defense may not be great, but it wouldnt have to be to beat that pathetically vanilla offense you guys throw out there.

Face it, this game of the century was boring, unimaginative, vanilla, and at times flat out bad by both teams. Defense wins championships, but you have to have SOME freaking offense, and neither of you do.

Just some FYI, I dont think OU deserves to be in the NC game, but neither of you are as far ahead of the rest as I thought going in. Its much more crowded at the top. Fortunately for you guys, you get another home game NC. How nice.

8timechamps
11/6/2011, 01:14 AM
I did watch the entirety of the Texas Tech game. What I saw from Landry is a rocket arm but occasional indecisiveness. I also saw him, despite facing little pressure from TTU's defense, be very inconsistent with his accuracy.

Would I take him over both of LSU's QB's in a heartbeat? Yes.

Do I think LSU can shut him down completely? Also yes.

True enough, he does have an occasional "what in the hell was he thinking" moment, but you can't argue with his stats and ability. I have no doubt that LSU (or Bama) would be the toughest defense we've seen, but I don't think there is a defense out there that would shut us down completely. Of course, I'm biased.

LSUdeek
11/6/2011, 01:15 AM
All that LSU has to do to be successful on offense is be able to run the football up the middle out of the I formation which opens up play action. I don't believe that anyone in the country with the exception of Alabama can stop it. Tell me how your defensive line and linebackers can match up with us.

freshchris05
11/6/2011, 01:36 AM
All that LSU has to do to be successful on offense is be able to run the football up the middle out of the I formation which opens up play action. I don't believe that anyone in the country with the exception of Alabama can stop it. Tell me how your defensive line and linebackers can match up with us.

Probably by tackling... Calm down and stop drinking so much sec koolaid... I think you've had enough... Your d is good, your offense is terrible. It's called the truth. Anything can happen on Saturdays.

LSUdeek
11/6/2011, 01:38 AM
Probably by tackling... Calm down and stop drinking so much sec koolaid... I think you've had enough... Your d is good, your offense is terrible. It's called the truth. Anything can happen on Saturdays.

Any offense is terrible when exposed by 7 NFL draft picks on defense. I don't believe OU has that type of talent on defense.

En_Fuego
11/6/2011, 01:41 AM
:cry:

freshchris05
11/6/2011, 01:51 AM
Any offense is terrible when exposed by 7 NFL draft picks on defense. I don't believe OU has that type of talent on defense.
What OU does have is a QB who can throw the ball to the sideline without it hanging in the air like a punt. Bama doesn't. No one said the two best defenses weren't on the field. The quarterbacks were ****ty tho...
Aren't you guys number one? Stop looking for props. "Yes deek, we all did see your new hat. You're right, it is nice."

marfacowboy
11/6/2011, 08:12 AM

LSU has NFL talent all over the field, no question. But LSU has paid a high price to get there. You have some cheap shot prone thugs on that team. The QB, who's issue has been well documented, and now a defensive back that intentionally tried to hurt an Alabama player with a horse-collar type assault from behind. Trash. Both of them.

soonerfromgeorgia
11/6/2011, 08:22 AM
LSU has NFL talent all over the field, no question. But LSU has paid a high price to get there. You have some cheap shot prone thugs on that team. The QB, who's issue has been well documented, and now a defensive back that intentionally tried to hurt an Alabama player with a horse-collar type assault from behind. Trash. Both of them.

Kind of odd that these players are trash and cheap shot thugs when OU had a player that was pretty famous for the horse-collar tackle, but it was just football when it was mentioned then. Same tackle that could result in the same type of injury, what makes this one thug'ish and the RRW one not?

marfacowboy
11/6/2011, 08:33 AM
Kind of odd that these players are trash and cheap shot thugs when OU had a player that was pretty famous for the horse-collar tackle, but it was just football when it was mentioned then. Same tackle that could result in the same type of injury, what makes this one thug'ish and the RRW one not?

This was a flagrant, intentional attack. It was personal. Any player that plays that way is the same in my book, but LSU seems to have more than its share. And have you ever been to Tiger stadium? Their fans aren't much better. I've been there several times, and every time I've been appalled at their behavior.