PDA

View Full Version : Watching Texas beat down Taco...

cleller
11/5/2011, 01:23 PM
Makes our home loss to them feel even worse. Texas is putting them away like fresh donuts.

thecrimsoncrusader
11/5/2011, 01:35 PM
Actually, it makes the loss better. It shows that it was a fluke and that Oklahoma has yet to lose to a team that is better than Oklahoma. It's better to lose to a lesser team than a better team because that means the better team is actually better, while the lesser team was just a fluke. It's all about honesty, not sportsmanship and giving undue credit.

Indy Sooner
11/5/2011, 01:47 PM
Actually, it makes the loss better. It shows that it was a fluke and that Oklahoma has yet to lose to a team that is better than Oklahoma. It's better to lose to a lesser team than a better team because that means the better team is actually better, while the lesser team was just a fluke. It's all about honesty, not sportsmanship and giving undue credit.

I'm certain the pollsters/computers view the loss just as you suggest. A loss at home to a middling team is not as bad as a loss to a team with some national respectability. Wow.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/5/2011, 01:47 PM

Dude, on this board, its impossible for OU to lose to a superior team. Its also impossible for a team to be better than us on any given night. Its also impossible to admit that we may not match up with a team all that well. All of those fall into the category of "Coordinator's Fault".

JLEW1818
11/5/2011, 01:50 PM
FIRE VENABLES!!!

cleller
11/5/2011, 02:07 PM
I guess it just reinforces the idea that momentum is a hard thing to fight. One week one team can wail the daylights out of you, the next week someone you wailed on returns the favor.

Blue
11/5/2011, 02:23 PM
Dude, on this board, its impossible for OU to lose to a superior team. Its also impossible for a team to be better than us on any given night. Its also impossible to admit that we may not match up with a team all that well. All of those fall into the category of "Coordinator's Fault".

There's really no logical reason why we lost that game. Everybody gets an F for that week.

soonercoop1
11/5/2011, 02:26 PM
Actually makes the Tech loss worse since we pretty much handled Texass with ease...Tech loss was embarrassing and unexplainable...

LiveLaughLove
11/5/2011, 02:43 PM
It was a terrible loss. The worst in Stoops' tenure. There is nothing good out of Tech getting drubbed each week since. They weren't a better team, they weren't better at matchups (cant think of even one that they had the advantage in). They definitely were better though that night, and that's what separates great teams from very good teams.

OU can still have a very good season and hopefully spoil OSUs NC chances and get to the Fiesta Bowl again and win it again. That will be a very good season. Its a far cry from what we all thought was going to occur this year. Heck, we were actually arguing that OU is as good as the Bama's and LSUs of the world. What a joke that was.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/5/2011, 02:56 PM
It was a terrible loss. The worst in Stoops' tenure. There is nothing good out of Tech getting drubbed each week since. They weren't a better team, they weren't better at matchups (cant think of even one that they had the advantage in). They definitely were better though that night, and that's what separates great teams from very good teams.

OU can still have a very good season and hopefully spoil OSUs NC chances and get to the Fiesta Bowl again and win it again. That will be a very good season. Its a far cry from what we all thought was going to occur this year. Heck, we were actually arguing that OU is as good as the Bama's and LSUs of the world. What a joke that was.

oklahoma state 2001 says Hi

LiveLaughLove
11/5/2011, 03:05 PM
oklahoma state 2001 says Hi

OU is OSUs rivalry game. It is THE game they get up for each year. It was not as bad of a loss as this one this year, IMO.

achiro
11/5/2011, 03:13 PM
Wait, I must have read the score wrong, I thought tech won?

LiveLaughLove
11/5/2011, 03:24 PM
Wait, I must have read the score wrong, I thought tech won?

ABC had it wrong. They blew Tech out. Dont know the final but it was 50-something to 17 late in the game when I saw it.

rekamrettuB
11/5/2011, 10:09 PM
Doesn't it make the Texas win look better tho? Also, the higher Texas gets in the polls the better for OU. When they look back and see a top 20 win vs Texas would be great.

sooner KB
11/5/2011, 10:12 PM
Watch out OP, there is a poster or two that will want this thread "nuked" for being too negative.

lexred
11/6/2011, 08:57 AM
Like it or not, Stoops teams usually lay a big shanker at least once a year. Before you flame or drop the "bandwagon fan bomb", just check the record. Kirk Herbstreit ( sp?) said the same before the season. I think the loss to OSWho in 2001 was the biggest stinker, but the TT loss has to be right up there. Why is it this way? I sure don't know, but it is what it is.........