PDA

View Full Version : Sic 'Em Field at Grant Teaff Stadium?

Lott's Bandana
11/5/2011, 10:54 AM
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/2325/baylorstadium.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/257/baylorstadium.jpg/)

Another gaping maw inviting the south wind.

Lott's Bandana
11/5/2011, 10:55 AM
http://eye-on-collegefootball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/33113472

AlboSooner
11/5/2011, 11:06 AM
Football stadiums should be bowls.

Lott's Bandana
11/5/2011, 11:08 AM
I was wondering...why a statue of labia?

NCarolinaSooner
11/5/2011, 11:20 AM
I guess it means fewer empty seats.

BoomerJ
11/5/2011, 11:26 AM
I think it looks good. Sic 'Em should be proud if it comes to being. That statue looks like candy corn.

Lott's Bandana
11/5/2011, 11:37 AM
labia > candy corn

BoomerJ
11/5/2011, 11:38 AM
You are correct, sir.

Seamus
11/5/2011, 12:05 PM
Because labia rule!!!!1!1!!!11!!!

salth2o
11/5/2011, 12:06 PM
Is that a soccer stadium? WTF is up with that feaux roof?

GHEY!

Serge Ibaka
11/5/2011, 12:21 PM
It was nice of Jesus to give them all of that money.

At any rate: I think that it looks really nice.

SoonerDood
11/5/2011, 12:47 PM
What's the capacity? Are Baylor home games about to become a tough ticket?

Flagstaffsooner
11/5/2011, 01:29 PM
Looks like a '70s basesball park.

cccasooner2
11/5/2011, 01:46 PM
Looks like ATX made a $1,000,000.00 vBet on Mizzery over Baylor. :D

SicEmBaylor
11/5/2011, 01:53 PM
I'm absolutely thrilled about this. It has been talked about for a long time, but finally we're moving forward with an on-campus stadium while bidding adieu to The Case.

SicEmBaylor
11/5/2011, 01:53 PM
It was nice of Drayton McLane to give them all of that money.

At any rate: I think that it looks really nice.
FIFY

SicEmBaylor
11/5/2011, 01:56 PM
You know, I'm not sure I'm crazy about that stadium design. The location is pretty cool, but that entire area it's built on is a swamp (literally). Nonetheless, I'm not going to be too picky about it.

bearfan08
11/6/2011, 01:01 PM
I will be excited about any stadium design that is not the current stadium. Seating capacity will be 45-50000 just like the current one. that open endzone could probably be enclosed if somehow demand ever merited it. As long as Baylor can continue to put the past horribleness of the program behind it and build this stadium attendance will increase greatly just from the new stadium factor.

Honestly this is the best move because most people who come to a Baylor game never get near the campus. This leverages Baylor's great campus, and it will be a hell of a lot harder for people to call Baylor a dump just from seeing Floyd Casey.

Would any new stadium make OU fans more likely to come down to Waco just to see what it looked like?

Sooner_Tuf
11/6/2011, 01:18 PM
I think it looks cool. I like the roof, we've been to a rodeo or two that were set up like that.

Yeah I might be a bit more likely to come to see it. But honestly I make as many OU games in Waco as I can anyway. We've enjoyed every trip we've made down there over the years.

Octavian
11/6/2011, 02:00 PM
Very sharp.

That would be great for Baylor and the B12.

StoopTroup
11/6/2011, 02:03 PM
Why aren't they going to build it in fexas? Where is that place gonna be anyway? I can't find that river on any map.

Lott's Bandana
11/6/2011, 02:46 PM
B
R
A
Z
O
S

Waco: A river runs through it.

SicEmBaylor
11/6/2011, 02:48 PM
Why aren't they going to build it in fexas? Where is that place gonna be anyway? I can't find that river on any map.
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQiXCs8hEly28ZMCOm2_Q17C1HkzyuFf ogGaI_c31aIAf7FfAgZyfyIajQ_EQ

Lott's Bandana
11/6/2011, 02:59 PM
I know right?

I was willing to fall for Greg's hook there...

47straight
11/6/2011, 03:06 PM
I wonder if you need a college graduate to design something like that.

StoopTroup
11/6/2011, 07:25 PM

That place we played UCONN in was done by a Phoenix. :D

StoopTroup
11/6/2011, 08:17 PM
I know right?

I was willing to fall for Greg's hook there...

You've been to Baylor's Stadium right? I know where I can get a Tamale.....but a river? What are they gonna do with that old property? If they moving it across Town just because there is a River there. Are they gonna name it Brazos Stadium? The Picture doesn't make it look like Lake Waco so I know it's not gonna be Waco Lake Stadium. Koresh Stadium?

Of course, this is just a drawing of a proposed stadium. Nothing's been approved of yet, but it's obvious that Baylor is serious about building a new home for its football team. It could still as big a piece of **** as the current Stadium once it's built.

SicEmBaylor
11/6/2011, 08:34 PM

It's the same firm that did Minute Maid Stadium and the new Yankee stadium.

SicEmBaylor
11/6/2011, 08:37 PM
You've been to Baylor's Stadium right? I know where I can get a Tamale.....but a river? What are they gonna do with that property? If they are gonna move it across Town just because there is a River there. Are they gonna name it Brazos Stadium? The Picture doesn't make it look like Lake Waco so I know it's no Waco Lake Stadium. Koresh Stadium?

I'm having trouble following your reasoning. What are we going to do with what property? Are you talking about Floyd Casey?

They didn't pick the spot just because the river is there.

1. It's on campus.
2. It's across from the new football/athletic practice facility
3. It's one of only two or three sites that meet Baylor's criteria for a new stadium.
4. The location would be a showcase to people travelling on I-35.
5. Baylor already owns all of that property and plans to develop it in some way have been in the works for more than a decade. Baylor planned to put the W. Bush library on that location.

Lott's Bandana
11/6/2011, 10:21 PM
The beisbol park looks nice next to that river. So does the arena.

Sooner Eclipse
11/6/2011, 10:57 PM
why is there a giant toilet seat hovering over their stadium???

Chuck Bao
11/6/2011, 11:58 PM
Cool design and great location. Looking forward to seeing the Bears play there.

SicEmBaylor
11/7/2011, 12:20 AM
Oh and as for the name, my guess is that it'll be some form of "Drayton McLane Stadium" or perhaps just "McLane Stadium." If he were a die-hard self-less fan he'd keep it traditional and go with "Baylor Stadium" like FCS used to be called.

StoopTroup
11/7/2011, 01:01 AM
I'm having trouble following your reasoning. What are we going to do with what property? Are you talking about Floyd Casey?

They didn't pick the spot just because the river is there.

1. It's on campus.
2. It's across from the new football/athletic practice facility
3. It's one of only two or three sites that meet Baylor's criteria for a new stadium.
4. The location would be a showcase to people travelling on I-35.
5. Baylor already owns all of that property and plans to develop it in some way have been in the works for more than a decade. Baylor planned to put the W. Bush library on that location.

I can see why they would like to put it on Campus it might get another 250 Students to come and even though it's ON Campus....the old place didn't sell Zima so what the hell....might as well put it on Campus. I'm shocked to here Baylor has a criteria. I have No idea why you Showcase anything from I-35 but it must be a criteria and maybe that's what fexas thinks works. Every so often a Truck Driver might pull in and rest up and take a tour of the place I guess. I'm sure The Library impresses the NCAA if they come down to do an investigation into Player Grades or something.

I was wondering what they were gonna do with the old Stadium? I mean they have built stuff there that cost a **** load of money. Is it gonna be a new Soccer Facilty for the School? I can imagine that the draw of qualified soccer players that travel the I-35 Corridor are quite high there. Might as well start drawing off it right away.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/7/2011, 01:31 AM
I'm absolutely thrilled about this. It has been talked about for a long time, but finally we're moving forward with an on-campus stadium while bidding adieu to The Case.Too bad they're putting it right next to the river, where it can flood, and change the football game into a regatta.

King Crimson
11/7/2011, 08:10 AM
water is awful blue for the Brazos. are those french fries?