PDA

View Full Version : LSU Bama is going to be great!

soonersam
11/4/2011, 04:17 PM
I love watching the super-hyped games and even the ones that dont include OU. It sucks we're no longer driving the BCS bus, but games like LSU Bama and OSU OU are the reasons I love College Football.

Roll Tide!!!

85sooners
11/4/2011, 04:52 PM
I'll be glad when it over

cherokeebrewer
11/4/2011, 05:05 PM
Roll Tide Roll

LVSOONER15
11/4/2011, 05:08 PM
For the Tide as well, hopefully they blow out lsu.

En_Fuego
11/4/2011, 05:44 PM
I could care less who wins. I just don't want it to be close. If it's 28-24 imagine all the Espin, Spin, Twist and Shout, "Game of the Last Thousand Years", Greek Gods have nothing on the SEC........blah blah

cleller
11/4/2011, 06:13 PM
I hope it will be good, but have a feeling it might look very 1970ish. Slow, not much flash, lots of defense.

Jack T.
11/4/2011, 07:08 PM
I'll be glad when it over

Yeah, this. If the guys in the black/white shirts can't win, I guess I'll pull for a huge blowout. 87-3 or something, and I really don't care which team wins.

Okay, not totally true. . .I *really* don't want to play LSU in New Orleans for the crystal ball. I have a dream. . .that someday *we* get to play in front of a home crowd for a national championship.

rekamrettuB
11/4/2011, 07:36 PM
I hope it will be good, but have a feeling it might look very 1970ish. Slow, not much flash, lots of defense.

Still light years ahead of what Penn State's trowing out there.

Boomer.....
11/4/2011, 07:41 PM
I'm surprised that the media hasn't already renamed this the new "Game of the Century".

I Am Right
11/4/2011, 08:03 PM
WOW lsu vs alabama, It is the best game ever in college football, lsu has the greatest players in college history, they should be playing in the nfl, oh man I cant wait. Nobody has ever played in a greater game.

I Am Right
11/4/2011, 08:04 PM
Who gives a S**t

FirstandGoal
11/4/2011, 08:29 PM
I'm surprised that the media hasn't already renamed this the new "Game of the Century".

Well, technically we're in a different century than THE game of the century. :D

soonergirlNeugene
11/4/2011, 09:09 PM
Rooting for Bama, naturally. But I'll be watching it on mute.

En_Fuego
11/4/2011, 09:18 PM

Yahoo Sports is calling it that

SoonerMom2
11/5/2011, 12:24 AM
I hope it is a blowout with all the hype -- I am tired of putting games on mute between that game and the the hype of the orange and black up north. If I was subscriber to The Oklahoman I would have quit today after seeing the sports page was the Orange Aggies all over -- they finally have a seat at the table according to the rag. One or two seasons of good football does not make a legend. Sports writers suck today.

Peach Fuzz
11/5/2011, 12:36 AM
Ok lemme get one thing straight... I just wanna know why everyone wants a blowout? **** that, they are obviously #1 and #2 respectively. I know it sucks because we could be just as great but we don't have it in us to be that monster game in/game out. I hope it plays out to be the battle of the 2 best in the nation, just like I would rather OSU and UT to be good.

Why? Because, you have no doubt that your team beat not only a rival, but a damn good team as well. This is their year and there's nothing that we can do except watch a good game for the sake of College Football. Hope it's a war tomorrow, but if magic occurs where we somehow end up in the NC, I'll be ok. :D

These type of games gives you a glimpse of who really was the national champion that year. Sucks we're not in it.

hawaii 5-0
11/5/2011, 12:45 AM

I've already heard it referred to as 'This Year's Game of The Century'.

5-0

En_Fuego
11/5/2011, 01:21 AM
I've already heard it referred to as 'This Year's Game of The Century'.

5-0

"This Years Game Of The Century" ..........WTF

oupride
11/5/2011, 07:50 AM
roll tide

hornswaggled
11/5/2011, 08:08 AM
I want to see Lester make a bonehead mistake that costs his team the game. I love it when Baton Rouge is all in angst about their silly, grass-eating coach.

Since71ASooner4Life
11/5/2011, 09:20 AM
I hope whoever loses tonight loses big. I hope Oregon beats Stanford, and Southern Cal beats Oregon. I hope OSU stays undefeated, then gets crushed by 1-loss Oklahoma, and the voters wake up and realize that team from Idaho doesn't deserve to be talked about in the same breath as real contenders. Just maybe we rise from the Texas Tech debocle and play tonight's winner in the National Championship.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/5/2011, 10:15 AM
Michigan at Ohio State in 06:
Ohio State was ranked #1
Michigan was ranked #2
Ohio State won (at home) 42-39

The Ohio State victory propelled the Buckeyes to the 2007 BCS National Championship Game where they would face the SEC Champion, #2 Florida Gators, ranked as the #1 team in the nation. There was a great deal of controversy as to who should face Ohio State for the championship: USC, Florida, and Michigan both sat with one loss and voters initially kept Michigan at the number two spot. The following week USC leapfrogged Michigan into the number two spot after an impressive win over a top-10 Notre Dame team. USC, however, was defeated the following week to rival UCLA, leaving the debate open as to whether Michigan or Florida was most deserving of playing against Ohio State. Some media analysts believed that Michigan deserved another shot at the Buckeyes, as Florida was not particularly impressive in their conference championship game against Arkansas. Voters, however, refused to keep Michigan at #2, perhaps because they felt it would be unfair to give Michigan a rematch when Florida also had one loss and won their conference. The decision by the human voters in both the Coaches Poll and Harris Poll proved to be the difference in the final BCS rankings, as Florida edged Michigan by an extremely small margin .

Rematch. Won't. Happen.

AlboSooner
11/5/2011, 10:18 AM
I have a feeling is going to be a stink fest between two super conservative teams, and Bama will win by 3pts, thus giving legitimacy to the "rematch" theories.

Hyped games like this, rarely deliver.

salth2o
11/5/2011, 02:15 PM
SEC guy's thoughts on the big game...

http://www.bigshow790.com/player/?station=KBME-MS&program_name=podcast&program_id=SECGuy.xml&mid=21556863