ut 5-2 *
mu 4-4 *
tt 5-3 @
a/m 5-3 ?

ku 2-6 *

isu 4-4 ?
osu 8-0 ?
bu 4-3 ?

* = w, @ = loss, ? yet played...(DUH...I know but looking at who we beat...decent records)

every team but ku has .500 or above..not bad..isu more than likely will win this weekend..tt/ut..either winner is ok..more than likely osu wins...bu/mu..weird game, at bu..prob bu..which would drop my below .500

curious how that stacks up against other 1 loss teams or the undefeated...sure favorably since we are high in the computer rankings..should only get better.

badger
11/4/2011, 02:32 PM
I am afraid that quality wins and strength of schedule bear nothing on the polls anymore... but they definitely do on the talking heads trying to influence voters.

Unfortunately, we don't have what some could call a "quality loss," which is what the loser of Bammer/LSU will have, what Oregon currently has, what Stanford will have it they lose to Oregon... the list goes on. Our loss stinks.

SoonerTerry
11/4/2011, 02:39 PM
I thought strengt of schedule was still a component in the computer rankings, just not as much weight as it has been in earlier seasons

jumperstop
11/4/2011, 02:52 PM
I think you're wrong badger. The SoS may not be important to the espin talking heads, but they do have a great effect on the computer. OSU is number 1 in the computer rankings, not because they had a killer noncon, but because they are undefeated in the statistically best conference.

rekamrettuB
11/4/2011, 02:54 PM
I thought strengt of schedule was still a component in the computer rankings, just not as much weight as it has been in earlier seasons

Correct.

NormanPride
11/4/2011, 02:56 PM
^^ Yup. And if we beat them then we get a huge boost. The fact that the Big 12 only lost like one game in non-conference play is really helping us now.

Soonerjeepman
11/4/2011, 03:26 PM
^^ Yup. And if we beat them then we get a huge boost. The fact that the Big 12 only lost like one game in non-conference play is really helping us now.

think we were 27-3...but def agree...at least that is what I THOUGHT I saw...a/m vs arky, ku vs GT...mu vs zona st?

NormanPride
11/4/2011, 03:39 PM
You are correct, gentleperson.

LRoss
11/4/2011, 04:10 PM
In the computer composite, the current lowest ranked team on our schedule (played or yet to play) is Ball St at 72. Below them are at least 2 schools from every other BCS conference:

Big East: Pitt (75), UConn (87)
SEC: Kentucky (77tied), Mississippi (81)
PAC: Arizona (77tied), Wash St (93), Oregon St (101), Colorado (107)
ACC: Duke (86), Maryland (89), Boston C (102)
B1G: Northwestern (92), Minn (98), Indiana (113)

So unless somebody is in a division of a conference where they miss all of the above AND missed everybody 73-120 in their out of conference, OU has the strongest "weak link" of anybody in the country. I'm not going to actually look that up, and it's not quite the same as saying that we have the toughest schedule in the nation, but there it is for whatever it's worth to you.

For reference, the lowest Big 12 school is (of course) Kansas, currently at 69.