PDA

View Full Version : Helmet Stickers in Norman?

soonergirlNeugene
11/3/2011, 10:15 PM
I was watching Stoops' interview over on sports illustrated and noticed some funny looking stickers on the back of our helmets in some of the practice footage. They certainly don't seem to be uniform. Is it just a practice thing? Does anyone know more about this?

Linkage (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/specials/just-askin/bob-stoops/#)

The footage I'm talking about starts at the 2:30 minute mark in Question 2.

cleller
11/4/2011, 08:42 AM
Saw em on the back of Broyles helmet. Obviously those are practice helmets, so maybe they are freer to mess them up with goofiness. Maybe the stickers are for how many times they scored in the shark infested waters.

badger
11/4/2011, 08:47 AM
All you old fart alumni would throw a hissy fit if they dared change OU's helmet :P

hornswaggled
11/4/2011, 08:51 AM
All you old fart alumni would throw a hissy fit if they dared change OU's helmet :P

We would want right of approval before it happens.

Flagstaffsooner
11/4/2011, 08:52 AM
Hell, everyone threw a hissy fit circa 1966 when we went to red helmets.

badger
11/4/2011, 08:56 AM
Hell, everyone threw a hissy fit circa 1966 when they went to red helmets.

Are you old enough to remember that, old fart ;)

Flagstaffsooner
11/4/2011, 08:58 AM
You should live so long, Missy.:shame:

badger
11/4/2011, 09:01 AM
You should live so long, Missy.:shame:

You probably look at Old Man Weeden and think "That young man sure wears bright colors!"

You probably look at Old Man Snyder and think "In about 20 years he'll hit retirement age!"

OK, those are the only old jokes I have.

Flagstaffsooner
11/4/2011, 09:03 AM
LOL little whippersnapper.

Mississippi Sooner
11/4/2011, 09:14 AM
The Sooners went to the red helmet the year I was born. Other than that, not much else happened that year.

Flagstaffsooner
11/4/2011, 09:38 AM
We beat texass for the first time since 1957.

Mississippi Sooner
11/4/2011, 09:42 AM
Yeah, I guess I shouldn't have said "nothing" else happened. That was also the year that Mackenzie came to Norman with the "Arkansas boys." Most of those boys turned out to be pretty fair football coaches.

Flagstaffsooner
11/4/2011, 09:45 AM
Think before you post, LOL Bro.

C&CDean
11/4/2011, 10:06 AM
Wow. Bob only said "at the end of the day" twice I think, and stopped himself before the third time. He must be going to Toastmaster's or something.

achiro
11/4/2011, 10:42 AM
I heard him interviewed last week by a KS radio station before the game and he started to say it two different times and stopped himself to say something different. He must be working on it.

prrriiide
11/4/2011, 12:11 PM
Nah. I just think helmet stickers are tres ghey.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/4/2011, 12:22 PM
stoops is back to hating the media. he hated doing that interview.

badger
11/4/2011, 12:55 PM
stoops is back to hating the media. he hated doing that interview.

It's part of his $5 mil job and he knows it. He does pretty well with that aspect. He's more accommodating (and more honest) than some million-plus college coaches out there.

8timechamps
11/4/2011, 02:33 PM
Wow. Bob only said "at the end of the day" twice I think, and stopped himself before the third time. He must be going to Toastmaster's or something.

Almost 3...he said "at the e....again..."

He caught himself.

soonergirlNeugene
11/4/2011, 09:00 PM
Saw em on the back of Broyles helmet. Obviously those are practice helmets, so maybe they are freer to mess them up with goofiness. Maybe the stickers are for how many times they scored in the shark infested waters.

I'd be interested in learning more about what they are awarded for etc. I live for obscure Sooner football trivia like this! XD

StoopTroup
11/4/2011, 09:46 PM

Honestly Dean...I have been thinking that Castiglione did hire someone to help the Coaches and the Team work on their Interviewing techniques. I think they are really changing the way they view Bob's way of handling it and are using a PR Person that runs situations by them. I don't think they are going as far as to tell them what to say....just more of an NFL Approach to how they answer these questions from Press that always have the drop on them and ask the same damn questions 3 different ways.

You could tell it really irritated Bob so why not sharpen your skills when it comes to the press and just prepare yourself to answer efficiently so that they don't irritate you and you don't alienate them.

I could be making more of what I've seen....but I bet we are at least right that they have made some kind of change in this area.

picasso
11/4/2011, 09:51 PM
I heard him interviewed last week by a KS radio station before the game and he started to say it two different times and stopped himself to say something different. He must be working on it.
He should do like his brother Mike and throw a few "dahhhhhhhhhhhh's" in there.

picasso
11/4/2011, 09:52 PM
Honestly Dean...I have been thinking that Castiglione did hire someone to help the Coaches and the Team work on their Interviewing techniques. I think they are really changing the way they view Bob's way of handling it and are using a PR Person that runs situations by them. I don't think they are going as far as to tell them what to say....just more of an NFL Approach to how they answer these questions from Press that always have the drop on them and ask the same damn questions 3 different ways.

You could tell it really irritated Bob so why not sharpen your skills when it comes to the press and just prepare yourself to answer efficiently so that they don't irritate you and you don't alienate them.

I could be making more of what I've seen....but I bet we are at least right that they have made some kind of change in this area.
You're stretching it a bit if you think Stoops is going over media relations with a PR guy.

StoopTroup
11/4/2011, 10:01 PM
You're stretching it a bit if you think Stoops is going over media relations with a PR guy.

Yeah I could be and you know that nobody would believe he is either. What i was saying is that something is different. If it's a PR guy or Castiglione had a talk with him about it and they both agreed he needed to work on it....Like Dean said....Something is going on. I'm just saying that they may have put something in place for the Team at least. Landry and Broyles Interviews were really good this year compared to the year before. They seemed groomed. Bob might simply have his Wife working with him on it. She's a Professional Speaker. You might not believe it unless you've seen her in her own element but IMO....she can handle herself very well and I wouldn't doubt that she could be Bob's PR Person.

Although Carol might be considered a Trophy Wife by many....She never would have needed Bob to be successful. She's a very good speaker.

Lott's Bandana
11/5/2011, 10:50 AM
Coupla things...

He has said ATEOTD three times already and I've only watched 2:43 so far.

I'm only a week older than coach, but I have gray hair in places I shouldn't even have hair...what's up with him? (Mary Kay?) We do walk the same.

This woman, whoever she is, asks good questions.

She asked him who he thinks is #1 right now, he declined to comment stating he isn't a media coffee drinker, yet he is on the Coaches Pole. Funny.