PDA

View Full Version : Pukes lose to KSTATE Saturday, Guaranteed!

CowboyMRW
11/3/2011, 11:30 AM
*Hadn't seen a thread like this up in awhile, so thought I would bring it back. :D

*Full disclosure: I believe that OSU covers the spread handily. In fact, the second this turns to a blowout, I am most likely leaving the stadium and grabbing a 30 and watching the LSU/Bama game.

olevetonahill
11/3/2011, 11:45 AM
Dont Laugh to hard . It could happen :eagerness:

BetterSoonerThanLater
11/3/2011, 11:46 AM
nice to see you're moving away from the dark side....see? isn't it nice to use your brain once in a while?

j/k

FWIW, i would not at all be surprised ti see it happen!

oudivesherpa
11/3/2011, 11:50 AM
No way pokes lose to K State. They can't lose until Dec 3rd!

budbarrybob
11/3/2011, 11:51 AM
Not gonna happen. Pukes by 40.

texas bandman
11/3/2011, 11:52 AM
I picked the Pukes to win in College FB Pick 'em, so it's a lock that they'll lose. :D

jumperstop
11/3/2011, 12:21 PM
I think they win, but it'll be a lot closer than people think. I said the same thing before the texas game. I think ksu and texas have about the same level team.

ddub0224
11/3/2011, 12:24 PM
No way pokes lose to K State. They can't lose until Dec 3rd!

We need them undefeated when we beat them!

3rdgensooner
11/3/2011, 12:30 PM
I'm trying to muster up some "give-a-s^%t"

NormanPride
11/3/2011, 12:30 PM
Kstate will be broken and humbled by the time they ride into Stillwater. Pokes get sloppy seconds as usual. :)

badger
11/3/2011, 12:32 PM
See, most Pokes see something like that and go crazy to the tune of "OMG MEDIA HATES US AND LOVES GOONERZ!!!!!!"

But after a few seasons of not sucking, you just grow to accept that they try to find the areas that you are not ranked in the top 10 in (like defense, lulz) and target that consistently when trying to find some way to describe your winning team in a less-than-flattering light.

Personally, I think they could just stick with your unis. You went full-Halloween before the holiday. Orange on gray, orange on black, orange orange orange... I feel like SMASHING YOU PUMPKINS! :stunned:

oumartin
11/3/2011, 12:34 PM
Pokes by 35 or more

fwsooner22
11/3/2011, 12:38 PM
Pokes are our best buddies til December. Keep on kicking everybody it will only help us later. Isn't it Great ?

OUNASH
11/3/2011, 01:11 PM
As much as I dislike the pukes, I want them to win until they play Oklahoma. It will only help us. However, if they were to lose it wouldnt break my heart.
I say OsU wins by 35 on Saturday.

Pricetag
11/3/2011, 01:22 PM
K-State needed a defense that beats up on QBs like they had in the past to compete this year. OSU would have to pull an OU-Texas Tech to lose this game.

olevetonahill
11/3/2011, 01:24 PM
Wont pizz me off either way

Sooner in Tampa
11/3/2011, 01:25 PM
I am like 3G...my give a **** is busted!!

olevetonahill
11/3/2011, 01:28 PM
I am like 3G...my give a **** is busted!!

Yup

picasso
11/3/2011, 01:41 PM
Just pray your QB doesn't get hurt.

PCSooner
11/3/2011, 03:27 PM
I think they win, but it'll be a lot closer than people think. I said the same thing before the texas game. I think ksu and texas have about the same level team.
Good comparison since neither team can throw the ball.

virginiasooner
11/3/2011, 03:31 PM
I want the restoration of the proper order. My Sooner loving Grandfather has been spinning in his grave the moment the Pokes were ahead of the Sooners in the polls. Damn straight I'm cheering on the 'Cats. Won't do any good though.

jumperstop
11/3/2011, 03:33 PM
Good comparison since neither team can throw the ball.

When does KSU play Saxet? I think they play in Austin in a couple of weeks and it should be a pretty good game. I would bet KSU pulls it out at this point, they've seemed to have ut's number in past seasons...

SoonerInFortSmith
11/3/2011, 04:10 PM
Lack of a passing game may actually help K-State in this game. The only way the poke defense stops anyone is by interception. Can't intercept it if they don't throw it.

CowboyMRW
11/3/2011, 04:15 PM
We're number 1 in fumble recoveries also.

SoonerInFortSmith
11/3/2011, 04:18 PM
I don't see Klein fumbling though.

Peach Fuzz
11/3/2011, 04:20 PM
Jlew?

EatLeadCommie
11/3/2011, 04:21 PM
The Big XII is terrible again this year. No way they lose to anybody or even get challenged until Bedlam.

Still can't believe we lost to Taco Tech.

NormanPride
11/3/2011, 04:45 PM
Actually the Big 12 has the best non-conference record this year. I think we lost like one game, and that was Kansas at Georgia Tech.

SoonerofAlabama
11/3/2011, 04:52 PM
They'll win. 47-17. Proving they are the worse team than us.

8timechamps
11/3/2011, 05:23 PM
Unless KSU can find some way to play their possession game (which, while a longshot, isn't impossible), then the Pokes win this one going away. It's gonna be much like our game against them...they may stick in it for a quarter...maybe two, but in the end, the Pokes win by 35+.

jumperstop
11/3/2011, 05:36 PM
Actually the Big 12 has the best non-conference record this year. I think we lost like one game, and that was Kansas at Georgia Tech.
Mizzou lost to ASU and aTm lost to Arky....But they are technically in the SEC...

CowboyMRW
11/3/2011, 05:38 PM
27-3, in non-con I think. This greatly helps with the computers for OSU and OU

EatLeadCommie
11/3/2011, 05:44 PM
Meh...stats and wins don't pass the eyeball test, particularly with no high profile wins (the FSU win in retrospect was a joke). The Big XII hasn't been a great conference since 2008, and has been really pretty lackluster every year (except 2008) from 2005 onwards. It sucks because the SEC hasn't been that great the last few years either, but they're still the best conference in football because their middle feeders are better than our middle feeders and our cellar dweller in KU is the worst team in the country.

We need to get back to 2000-2004 when the BXII was the best conference around.

jumperstop
11/3/2011, 05:58 PM
Meh...stats and wins don't pass the eyeball test, particularly with no high profile wins (the FSU win in retrospect was a joke). The Big XII hasn't been a great conference since 2008, and has been really pretty lackluster every year (except 2008) from 2005 onwards. It sucks because the SEC hasn't been that great the last few years either, but they're still the best conference in football because their middle feeders are better than our middle feeders and our cellar dweller in KU is the worst team in the country.

We need to get back to 2000-2004 when the BXII was the best conference around.
Espn voted us the number 1 conference only a few weeks ago on their conference rankings. I don't care if the wins pass an eyeball test or not, because computers don't have ****ing eyeballs. That 27-3 record will help us stay in front of the other one loss teams and jump Boise if we win out. So if we manage to make it to the NCG, you can thank KSU for pulling it out against Miami, OSU for thumping zona, texas for pulling it out against byu and ucla...you get the point. I think those games are more important than you believe. They aren't the greatest wins, but they certainly make us look good as a conference.

8timechamps
11/3/2011, 06:10 PM
Espn voted us the number 1 conference only a few weeks ago on their conference rankings. I don't care if the wins pass an eyeball test or not, because computers don't have ****ing eyeballs. That 27-3 record will help us stay in front of the other one loss teams and jump Boise if we win out. So if we manage to make it to the NCG, you can thank KSU for pulling it out against Miami, OSU for thumping zona, texas for pulling it out against byu and ucla...you get the point. I think those games are more important than you believe. They aren't the greatest wins, but they certainly make us look good as a conference.

Why are you always wrong?? ;)

http://www.crossbowcorporate.com/media//Computer_eye.jpg

picasso
11/3/2011, 08:29 PM
Great, print a t-shirt.

Okie35
11/3/2011, 10:01 PM
They'll win. 47-17. Proving they are the worse team than us.

I think KSU scores more. I see it being like 42-24. The Pokes defense is GOD AWFUL. 111th?! :nightmare:

jumperstop
11/3/2011, 10:34 PM

Why are you always wrong?? ;)

http://www.crossbowcorporate.com/media//Computer_eye.jpg
Not wrong, just misled...

StoopTroup
11/3/2011, 10:34 PM
Just pray your QB doesn't retire.

FIFY :D

Actually your post ain't bad either....lol

SoonerInFortSmith
11/4/2011, 07:07 AM

A ring is in order! :D

Sooner in Tampa
11/4/2011, 07:38 AM
Damn...beat me to it

Sooner in Tampa
11/4/2011, 07:39 AM
Well...that will look nice in your trophy case.

NYC Poke
11/4/2011, 10:14 AM

Funny.

@Okie35, don't put too much stock in that stat. Many, many of the yards and points against us have come when we're up by 3 possessions or more. Also, you don't lead the nation in takeaways without playing good defense.

NormanPride
11/4/2011, 10:30 AM
And you don't rank in the hundreds in yards given up, third down conversions and first downs allowed unless you're playing really bad defense. ;)

jumperstop
11/4/2011, 10:37 AM
Funny.

@Okie35, don't put too much stock in that stat. Many, many of the yards and points against us have come when we're up by 3 possessions or more. Also, you don't lead the nation in takeaways without playing good defense.

I feel like OSU's defense has a lot of the same issues that 08 OU's d had, except we probably weren't as good at creating turnovers. People said that our defense would be our weak point if we made it to a championship game. Although I believe if we were able to score in the red zone vs Florida (damn you KW) it wouldn't have mattered, but by the end of that game our defense was getting gashed by that pot smoker and teblow. By takin your guys out at half time every game is really going to come back and bite your team in the *** if you guys make it to the championship game. They will be gassed....probably some of the problem we've seen in bedlam the past few years. You and all your fans can kid yourselfs all you want, but this could end up being the downfall of your team.

Doesn't Gundy only make them practice four hours a week or something like that? I don't know if it's true, but that will also have an effect on a game where you have to play four quarters.

SoonerMarkVA
11/4/2011, 10:57 AM
Orange aggy will put up at least 40, and quite possibly over 50. Purple aggy will put up much less. I'm thinking 48-17, orange aggy.

jumperstop
11/4/2011, 11:07 AM
Orange aggy will put up at least 40, and quite possibly over 50. Purple aggy will put up much less. I'm thinking 48-17, orange aggy.

I'd say something more like 41-24

badger
11/4/2011, 11:22 AM
Well...that will look nice in your trophy case.

They've already made the trophy:

http://images.doba.com/products/4093/22001048_images_scottish_20christmas_2040634.jpg

It lights up! :stunned:

NYC Poke
11/4/2011, 11:26 AM
Ubbs has it as something like 44-28. Something in this ballpark sounds reasonable to me.

jumperstop, I don't disagree. Objectively, I don't really think this team is MNC-ready. I'd like to see it happen, of course, but I don't think we're quite there. However, I do think our defense is better than some of the stats show, a point some of the national columnists are starting to notice.

jumperstop
11/4/2011, 11:30 AM
Ubbs has it as something like 44-28. Something in this ballpark sounds reasonable to me.

jumperstop, I don't disagree. Objectively, I don't really think this team is MNC-ready. I'd like to see it happen, of course, but I don't think we're quite there. However, I do think our defense is better than some of the stats show, a point some of the national columnists are starting to notice.

Others may think I'm crazy, but this OSU team reminds me a lot of OU in 08. Do I think they could make it and win it? yes. Will they? Probably not. I don't even think they'll make it, but a BCS game will be good for yall's school. Just by looking at the way Baylor was moving the ball on you guys, even though they couldn't ****ing score, I couldn't imagine what it'd be like if you played a an LSU or Bama.

I just remember people talking **** after games where we scored 65 but allowed the other team 40 back in 08. Seems a lot like osu's team this year, outscore the other team.

Jaybound
11/4/2011, 04:47 PM
I hate to say this but Okie state looks focused and they take care of business. All year people have been saying *Insert team here* is going to beat OSU and every game they find a way to win, thats what good teams do. We couldn't even take care of Texas Tech at home. I don't think we should worry about OSU until Dec. 3rd.

picasso
11/4/2011, 05:44 PM

If you're not there now then you never will be.

Piware
11/4/2011, 09:32 PM
If KSU leaves the middle as open with the Pukes as they did with us, it will be an circus. I am personally hoping for a crater at mid-field that swallows both teams. Whats a body to do when the two nastiest sets of fan in college football are playing each other.