PDA

View Full Version : OMG… COULD THERE BE AN ALABAMA-LSU REMATCH??? !!!!

JLEW1818
11/3/2011, 10:30 AM
derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :D:D:D:D :eagerness:

nerds

Zin
11/3/2011, 10:31 AM
Well, it won't be Boise. They didn't kneel down and kiss the ring on ESPNs finger.

jumperstop
11/3/2011, 10:33 AM
God...I seriously hope not. If only for the reason that it'd be a month long SEC circle jerk leading up to the game....

oumartin
11/3/2011, 10:43 AM
if they are the two best teams. sure why not

rekamrettuB
11/3/2011, 11:05 AM
God...I seriously hope not. If only for the reason that it'd be a month long SEC circle jerk leading up to the game....

It will be that anyway even if a two non-SEC teams play for it.

budbarrybob
11/3/2011, 11:10 AM

If there's a circle jerk and only 2 are invited are they best friends?

LVSOONER15
11/3/2011, 11:35 AM
It won't happen.

tooslow
11/3/2011, 12:05 PM
If LSU loses a close game, or there is a total BS call that decides the game(anyone recall our last trip to Eugene, OR?), I can see the media making a rematch happen. I still think LSU wins big. They'll be built up as the best team ever, which will eventually be their downfall if they buy into it. Although, as much as I hate to say this, Les Miles and his staff seem to do a great job with getting their team focused for every opponent. If LSU loses, it'll be to a team that is just flat out better than they are. No excuses.

BoulderSooner79
11/3/2011, 12:10 PM
They'll probably play again next season, if that's what you mean.

SoonerPride
11/3/2011, 01:07 PM
I thought they DEMANDED you win your conference before you play for a title.

Oh, I see, their rules change on a whim to fit their current argument.

Sounds like Mack Brown syndrome to me.

badger
11/3/2011, 01:37 PM
I thought they DEMANDED you win your conference before you play for a title.

It should be a rule. Yes, I know that takes us outta the Sugar Bowl seven years ago. Fair is fair. Conference champions should be the ones competing for national titles, because 64 (plus four) tournies are not as feasible in football as they are in basketball.

cccasooner2
11/3/2011, 01:45 PM
Saban and Miles seem to be the only destitute D1 coaches getting the big ESPN commercial contracts.

jumperstop
11/3/2011, 02:11 PM
Saban and Miles seem to be the only destitute D1 coaches getting the big ESPN commercial contracts.

Don't forget Urban Meyer a few years back....

Honestly would you want Stoops on there making fun of himself......It's not cool to eat grass, I hope Leslie knows the joke is on him....

BoulderSooner79
11/3/2011, 02:28 PM
Don't forget Urban Meyer a few years back....

Honestly would you want Stoops on there making fun of himself......It's not cool to eat grass, I hope Leslie knows the joke is on him....

I wouldn't mind if Bob were on an ESPN commercial, but I don't know what they would use. The ESPN commercials are usually clever and more entertaining than many of there shows.

jumperstop
11/3/2011, 03:39 PM
I wouldn't mind if Bob were on an ESPN commercial, but I don't know what they would use. The ESPN commercials are usually clever and more entertaining than many of there shows.

There are only a couple that got me giggling the first time I saw them. The Erin Andrews "You forgot your purse one" was pretty funny, or the one where the two guys try sneaking into the game on the Florida band bus and although not espn I like the credit card one where Lou Holtz says 'You can be my go to guy....or gal", gets me everytime. But for the most part it disgust me to see ones with coaches from the SEC...gag me, it's not like ESPN doesn't give them enough exposure already and now they are using them as advertisement? There has to be some sort of NCAA violation in that.....

BigTip
11/3/2011, 03:42 PM
I have made my "who to root for" decision.

The bleaux me tigers must win in a bleaux-out, damaging 'bama's chances for any rematch scenario.

Have to say this somewhere so I'll say it here. I want taco tech to lose the rest of their games in a big way, just like with ISU. That way it'll make our loss look even more Twilight Zone-ish and will be discounted as a strange fluke.

jumperstop
11/3/2011, 03:43 PM
I have made my "who to root for" decision.

The bleaux me tigers must win in a bleaux-out, damaging 'bama's chances for any rematch scenario.

Have to say this somewhere so I'll say it here. I want taco tech to lose the rest of their games in a big way, just like with ISU. That way it'll make our loss look even more Twilight Zone-ish and will be discounted as a strange fluke.

I think that's what people will think if we win out. They know that we weren't out talented that night....

BoulderSooner79
11/3/2011, 03:45 PM
ESPN doesn't seem too concerned about NCAA violations and conflicts of interest :nightmare:

But the commercial with Danica Patrick taking Dan Patrick's parking space was a good one (but anything with Danica Patrick..). The best one was Mark McQuire giving Dan Patrick the 62nd HR ball and what Dan did with it (pre-Bonds, of course).

soonercoop1
11/3/2011, 06:18 PM
Hope so since that would finally be the end of the BCS...

JLEW1818
11/3/2011, 08:42 PM
i was just making fun of all the sec fags out there and how much espn talks about this.

i hope nobody thought i was being serious.. : :D

TXBOOMER
11/3/2011, 08:48 PM
I believe it is a done deal if OSU and Stanford lose.

Okie35
11/3/2011, 09:59 PM

It'll never happen in a million years.

jumperstop
11/3/2011, 10:40 PM

It'll never happen in a million years.
I wouldn't go that far, but I don't think it'd happen. But I would say if Stanford loses and we win out we're in.

Okie35
11/3/2011, 10:42 PM
I wouldn't go that far, but I don't think it'd happen. But I would say if Stanford loses and we win out we're in.

I would because if it does happen Georgia has a right to sue the BCS or boycott anything BCS related.

jumperstop
11/3/2011, 10:44 PM

I would because if it does happen Georgia has a right to sue the BCS or boycott anything BCS related.
What good would that do them? Anyways haven't they been boycotting the bcs for the last five years?

Okie35
11/3/2011, 11:11 PM
What good would that do them? Anyways haven't they been boycotting the bcs for the last five years?

Nothing at all. I just said they should, personally. If a rematch did happen I won't watch it. Anyone else can feel free to.

jumperstop
11/3/2011, 11:25 PM

Nothing at all. I just said they should, personally. If a rematch did happen I won't watch it. Anyone else can feel free to.
I definitely think a lot of fans from anywhere outside SEC would feel the same, me included.

LiveLaughLove
11/4/2011, 08:19 AM
ESPN doesn't seem too concerned about NCAA violations and conflicts of interest :nightmare:

But the commercial with Danica Patrick taking Dan Patrick's parking space was a good one (but anything with Danica Patrick..).

Except actual racing.

JLEW1818
11/4/2011, 09:58 AM
any chance they have a 3 way tie in the west?

LSUdeek
11/4/2011, 10:01 AM
A 3 way tie scenario could happen with a LSU victory and then a loss to R-kansas. Bama has Moo State and Auburn remaining. LSU has Ole Miss and R-Kansas remaining.

NYC Poke
11/4/2011, 10:22 AM
It should be a rule. Yes, I know that takes us outta the Sugar Bowl seven years ago. Fair is fair. Conference champions should be the ones competing for national titles, because 64 (plus four) tournies are not as feasible in football as they are in basketball.

With a healthy Jason White, OU wins both those games and is by far the best CFB team in the country. I wanted to see OU go to the MNC game because of that asterisk on the K-State game. Had I known JW wouldn't be healthy for the Sugar Bowl, my objective opinion would have been different.

jumperstop
11/4/2011, 10:28 AM
any chance they have a 3 way tie in the west?
It could happen, but I still see either Bama or LSU coming out of the west. I just can't see Arky beating LSU this year.

rekamrettuB
11/4/2011, 10:36 AM

I would agree with you had there not been a $$$ driven conference championship game. By what you are saying, KState deserved to play for the NC over OU that year. Not saying KState would have played obviously but that they were more deserving than an OU team that lost 1 game, regardless of when it happened, where there were no other undefeateds that year. If that game was just the 12th and final regular season game of the year, then OU would have deserved to go since they had the Big XII best record?

Breadburner
11/4/2011, 10:38 AM
Not going to happen......

BoulderSooner79
11/4/2011, 10:55 AM
Except actual racing.

True, but I have no interest in auto racing outside of interviews with Danica Patrick.

jkjsooner
11/4/2011, 10:59 AM

Two most deserving teams.

Just like in the Super Bowl it's not always the two best teams but the two who played their way into that game.

jumperstop
11/4/2011, 11:03 AM
Two most deserving teams.

Just like in the Super Bowl it's not always the two best teams but the two who played their way into that game.

So if a playoff doesn't match the two best teams, why does everyone think a college fb playoff would be better than what we have?

jkjsooner
11/4/2011, 12:39 PM
So if a playoff doesn't match the two best teams, why does everyone think a college fb playoff would be better than what we have?

Again I'll use the term "deserving" intead of "best." A playoff matches to two most deserving teams among those who made the playoffs. There's little argument that those two teams earned their way into the championship game.

There is the discussion about who is deserving to be in the playoff to start with but IMO the more teams you add the weaker this argument gets. I personally feel an 8 team playoff solves the following issues:

1. Most teams have some chance at the beginning of the year. A team like Boise State will have to go undefeated but 99% of the time an undefeated Boise State will be in the top 8.

2. At 8 teams you can only afford a maximum of 2 losses and many teams will have to go undefeated. That means the regular season games still remain extremely important.

3. If you're #9, you might argue you're better than #8 but you've probably lost 1 game with a weak schedule or 2 games with a very strong schedule. Either way, you sorta made your bed.

Anyway, I just wanted to give my answer (opinion) to your question. I hope it doesn't turn this into a CFB playoff thread.

jumperstop
11/4/2011, 01:08 PM
Again I'll use the term "deserving" intead of "best." A playoff matches to two most deserving teams among those who made the playoffs. There's little argument that those two teams earned their way into the championship game.

There is the discussion about who is deserving to be in the playoff to start with but IMO the more teams you add the weaker this argument gets. I personally feel an 8 team playoff solves the following issues:

1. Most teams have some chance at the beginning of the year. A team like Boise State will have to go undefeated but 99% of the time an undefeated Boise State will be in the top 8.

2. At 8 teams you can only afford a maximum of 2 losses and many teams will have to go undefeated. That means the regular season games still remain extremely important.

3. If you're #9, you might argue you're better than #8 but you've probably lost 1 game with a weak schedule or 2 games with a very strong schedule. Either way, you sorta made your bed.

Anyway, I just wanted to give my answer (opinion) to your question. I hope it doesn't turn this into a CFB playoff thread.

I'm against a playoff. I think most years a 4 team playoff would be ok. I was just saying that because most people's argument for a playoff is that the two best teams don't always meet, and that the BCS puts the most deserving teams together for the CG.

soonervegas
11/4/2011, 04:14 PM
If it is between a 1 loss OU team and a 1 loss LSU team......we have 0% chance of playing in the National Title game.

Even if LSU loses by 14....

ashley
11/4/2011, 04:17 PM
I am from the school that the looser is ou. I should be another teams opportunity even if it looks like the looser is the second best.
As far as our chances , my concern is that Oregon might go ahead of us because they lost earlier. I would hope I am wrong.