PDA

View Full Version : In-N-Out burgers coming to Dallas

Dan Thompson
11/1/2011, 05:54 PM
I live in Irvine, CA, home to In-N-Out bergers. So when I saw a news headline on the nternet saying they were going to build a regional office in Dallas, this means all In-N-Out locations will be within one days drive as all the items are fresh and not frozen.

I thought OKC would be the location for more than one.

If you have never had one, they are all made while you wait, so sometimes it can take a while. But a good way to start your new experience is with a "Double Double".

Turd_Ferguson
11/1/2011, 06:03 PM
Where's the popcorn smiley? This might get ugly...

yermom
11/1/2011, 08:08 PM
With them based in Dallas, they can expand out to Austin, Houston and OKC pretty easily

Midtowner
11/1/2011, 09:14 PM
If you have never had one, they are all made while you wait, so sometimes it can take a while. But a good way to start your new experience is with a "Double Double".

Never had one, but how do they compare to local joints like S&B who also makes while you wait.

Or if the "while you wait" thing is a big deal, I think Sonic and Whataburger do that too.

Another fast food chain. I'm ambivalent.

RacerX
11/1/2011, 09:37 PM
Had my first after the OU/* game. It was right off the LBJ near the Crown Plaza Suites in Addison.

Good burger.

AlbqSooner
11/2/2011, 06:51 AM
Had them in Vegas. They don't taste like a burger chain burger.

Boomer.....
11/2/2011, 07:42 AM
I tried to go to the one in Vegas but it was too far to walk and there wasn't sidewalks leading to it. We didn't feel like taking a $20 cab ride for a $10 meal.

C&CDean
11/2/2011, 08:08 AM
Sure beat the hell outta Johnnie's Chawcowl Bwoilah. Then again, so does pretty much any burger.

Midtowner
11/2/2011, 08:10 AM
Sure beat the hell outta Johnnie's Chawcowl Bwoilah. Then again, so does pretty much any burger.

I'll grant you that, but there are plenty of local places which > In & Out.

Irma's or S&B come immediately to mind. Or Tucker's if you're into onion burgers.

soonerbrat
11/2/2011, 08:13 AM
MMM...Irma's

In N out....overrated. I like their fries though.

C&CDean
11/2/2011, 08:13 AM
I don't know what S&B is.

Personally, I prefer the burgers from the little convenience store/gas stations/greasy spoons that cover the Oklahoma landscape. There's a Conoco on Highway 39 not too far from the house that makes a good burger. For about $3. Not the best burger ever, but better than any fast food burger with the possible exception of Whataburger (who really do make a tasty burger).

soonerbrat
11/2/2011, 08:14 AM
MMM...Whataburger. those are actually my favorite plus they are open 24 hours.

Midtowner
11/2/2011, 08:46 AM
MMM...Irma's

In N out....overrated. I like their fries though.

Tucker's fries are amazing. They taste a lot like the ones at Mutt's (a hot dog stand), which are fried in duck fat.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/2/2011, 09:03 AM
I'm not really a fan of chains. I liked 5 Guys pretty well though. Here are my top places for burgers in the OKC area.

Tucker's - great onion burgers with fresh jalapenos and amazing bread. The meat isn't all greasy like most onion burgers. Their fries are ok, but cut a little too thin.
VZD's - love their burgers but only at lunch. Great onion rings w/ a touch of cayenne. Also like their fries. Thank you SF.com for introducing me!
Irma's - I like Irma's NoName burger

I still haven't been to Nic's. They are on my list to try.

sooneron
11/2/2011, 10:01 AM
In n Out are overrated, imo. Good, but not that good. I like 5 guys better. I thought one opened in Dallas earlier this year, there was a video of the opening and some sappy SoCal transplant was weeping. It was really pathetic.

http://hypervocal.com/news/2011/video-texas-woman-cries-at-in-n-out-burger-opening/

jumperstop
11/2/2011, 10:47 AM
In n Out are overrated, imo. Good, but not that good. I like 5 guys better. I thought one opened in Dallas earlier this year, there was a video of the opening and some sappy SoCal transplant was weeping. It was really pathetic.

http://hypervocal.com/news/2011/video-texas-woman-cries-at-in-n-out-burger-opening/
Lol. The last line in that article. I would rather live anywhere but either of those two states....and I mean anywhere....

Lott's Bandana
11/2/2011, 11:37 AM
Whataburger > In-n-Out

Pricetag
11/2/2011, 12:14 PM
Whataburger is to me as McDonald's is to my son. I will pick it every time, if limited to fast food.

C&CDean
11/2/2011, 12:29 PM
Sooner04 would have a tear in his eye hearing all this Whataburger love.

I get the double cheese, with everything, plus jalapenos. Pretty effing good.

Lott's Bandana
11/2/2011, 12:31 PM
Dammit. Off I go...

sooneron
11/2/2011, 01:21 PM
This thread made me seek out a boigah for lunch. It too, was better than in n out. Mmmmmm, SMASHBURGER!!!!

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/2/2011, 02:53 PM
This thread made me seek out a boigah for lunch. It too, was better than in n out. Mmmmmm, SMASHBURGER!!!!We had an office lunch at Ann's Chicken Fry.

Dan Thompson
11/2/2011, 07:58 PM
And then there is the secret menu. Like root beer float, extra crispy bun, extra crispy fries, fries covered with chesse, also add chilli, plus much more.

Google In-N-Out secret menu to see the rest of the menu.

BTW, I don't work there, I'm retired.

C&CDean
11/2/2011, 08:22 PM
Just came home from a burger at Abner's on burger night. $3 for a 1/2 pounder with fries. How can you go wrong?

Peach Fuzz
11/2/2011, 08:31 PM
haven't eaten fast food for 8 months... would change that for In-n-Out in a heartbeat

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/3/2011, 10:01 AM
Just came home from a burger at Abner's on burger night. $3 for a 1/2 pounder with fries. How can you go wrong?This comment reminds me that I need to come down for that some night.

soonerbrat
11/3/2011, 12:29 PM
Sooner04 would have a tear in his eye hearing all this Whataburger love.

I get the double cheese, with everything, plus jalapenos. Pretty effing good.

He's the one that recommended taco Casa to me too... He has good taste in fast food

NormanPride
11/3/2011, 12:42 PM
I miss 04.

Midtowner
11/3/2011, 12:47 PM
I don't know what S&B is.

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/46/1493908/restaurant/Suburban-Northside/S-Bs-Burger-Joint-Oklahoma-City

Next time you're in North OKC, look 'em up.

The only redeeming thing above fast food places with regard to our local burger joints is the drive through window.

SanJoaquinSooner
11/3/2011, 07:09 PM
My in-laws flew in from Guadalajara this weekend and the first food request they had was an in-n-out burger. We have one about a mile down the road.

C&CDean
11/3/2011, 07:13 PM
My in-laws flew in from Guadalajara this weekend and the first food request they had was an in-n-out burger. We have one about a mile down the road.

Yeah, but they're messicans. WTF do they know about food...?

olevetonahill
11/3/2011, 07:18 PM
Yeah, but they're messicans. WTF do they know about food...? LMFAO

SanJoaquinSooner
11/3/2011, 10:15 PM
Yeah, but they're messicans. WTF do they know about food...?

Well, when it comes to burgers, you're right. I had a hamburger a couple of years ago in Patzcuaro, Michoacan -- a resort town that is filled with lots of retired gringos. They have a burger place, Cafeteria Chios, that the gringos go to when they get a burger craving.

It was surprisingly good. Basically the same as many U.S. burgers except jalapenos instead of pickles.

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af80/sanjoaquinsooner/patzcuaroburger.jpg

C&CDean
11/4/2011, 08:10 AM
Hamberguesa con queso y jalapenos. Yum yum.

I can honestly say I've never had a bad meal in Mexico. Never. Of course the only places I've eaten down there are in Baja Sur and Sonora so my experience is limited.

XingTheRubicon
11/4/2011, 09:49 AM
number of people who think whataburger > InandOut...- 847 hayseeds from the hinterlands of Oklahoma and Texas.

number of people InandOut > whataburger...- rest of Earth.

yermom
11/4/2011, 09:53 AM
they are just different. i like to have options :biggrin:

the green chile cheeseburger Whataburger had for a while recently was greatness

C&CDean
11/4/2011, 10:07 AM
number of people who think whataburger > InandOut...- 847 hayseeds from the hinterlands of Oklahoma and Texas.

number of people InandOut > whataburger...- rest of Earth.

Who you calling a hayseed, hayseed? BTW, when can I get you your metal detector back?

OklaPony
11/4/2011, 10:11 AM
FYI - Five Guys is now open for biz in Norman. Picked up dinner there last night. Good stuff...

C&CDean
11/4/2011, 10:18 AM
FYI - Five Guys is now open for biz in Norman. Picked up dinner there last night. Good stuff...

Donde esta?

XingTheRubicon
11/4/2011, 10:19 AM
I should be down there next week. I'll PM you.

and I didn't see your burger preference anywhere in this thread...projecting?

C&CDean
11/4/2011, 10:47 AM
My preference is the onion/jalapeno/green chile burgers we make at the house. Ground chuck, chopped onion, japs/chiles all mixed into it, then grilled and topped with swiss cheese and more jalapenos.

I've never had an In and Outie so I can't make a call on them, but fast food wise, I'd take a Whataburger over any of the other chains.

Holler at me when you're coming this way.

XingTheRubicon
11/4/2011, 12:30 PM
will do.

Ok, now I'm starving

yermom
11/4/2011, 02:30 PM
Donde esta?

across from Target

and if you are in Dallas or Tulsa sometime Burger Street is still my pick for fast food burgers

OklaPony
11/4/2011, 04:14 PM
Yep, what yermom said. Across from Super Target on 24th St.