PDA

View Full Version : 11/5: HOLY SHIZZLE ITS LSU AND BAMMER!!!!!!!!!

badger
11/1/2011, 11:32 AM
You have till 7 p.m. Saturday to vBet on the national championship game.

CowboyMRW
11/1/2011, 03:10 PM
I'm confused on the coined as part. Like GOTC coining or something like that?

badger
11/1/2011, 03:22 PM
The second part of that got cutoff, so I just rephrased it. vBookie apparently doesn't like quotation marks, heh

sooner KB
11/3/2011, 07:35 PM
How exactly do you define "decided in the last minute?" Obviously if a team is losing, but scores in the last minute to win the game, that counts. What if a team is down by two points, tries a field goal within the last minute, and misses? Was the game still decided in the last minute? Most people would say no, but I could see people arguing that that FG miss "decided" the game. If you let that count, then what if a team is down by 6 and has the ball within the last minute? If they fail to score, was the game "decided in the last minute?" What if a guy from the losing team (down by less than a TD) is running down field with 15 seconds left, but gets tackled 5 yards from the endzone? Was the tackle a "game decider?"

If it were me, to keep it simple, I would simply define it as a team scoring in the last minute when they were down before the score, to win the game. I just wanted to clarify though before I put money on it.

CowboyMRW
11/3/2011, 08:25 PM
I'm so excited for this game. It isn't very often we get a 1 vs 2 in the regular season

badger
11/4/2011, 08:02 AM
How exactly do you define "decided in the last minute?" Obviously if a team is losing, but scores in the last minute to win the game, that counts. What if a team is down by two points, tries a field goal within the last minute, and misses? Was the game still decided in the last minute? Most people would say no, but I could see people arguing that that FG miss "decided" the game. If you let that count, then what if a team is down by 6 and has the ball within the last minute? If they fail to score, was the game "decided in the last minute?" What if a guy from the losing team (down by less than a TD) is running down field with 15 seconds left, but gets tackled 5 yards from the endzone? Was the tackle a "game decider?"

If it were me, to keep it simple, I would simply define it as a team scoring in the last minute when they were down before the score, to win the game. I just wanted to clarify though before I put money on it.

I like having it open to a little bit of interpretation... but yeah, the winning score coming in the final minute = game coming down to the last minute.

ouflak
11/6/2011, 12:09 PM
I almost settled this, except for that 'last minute' definition. It's a good thing too. I wasn't going to count an overtime win as 'last minute'!

Lott's Bandana
11/6/2011, 12:51 PM
My vBankaccount thanks you.