PDA

View Full Version : Fake Army Musical Geometry Class

Lott's Bandana
10/31/2011, 04:08 PM
At halftime, you going to watch?

heh or meh?

soonersweetie
10/31/2011, 04:13 PM
yep, figure it will be the last time I get to see them since they are headed to the SEC

Soonerfan88
10/31/2011, 04:19 PM
I'll be in my seat buy I won't be watching them and certainly don't stand up and cheer. I learned how to march like that in 6th grade so it doesn't impress me at all. And how many decades can they play the same music? :rolleyes:

jumperstop
10/31/2011, 04:20 PM
I've always liked their band. Really the only interesting thing about aTm...I just wish people would understand that our band is good too because people never care to stay and watch them....

Last weeks show was my favorite in a long time. Video game theme show with Zelda, Tetris, Mario, and Halo

jumperstop
10/31/2011, 04:22 PM
I'll be in my seat buy I won't be watching them and certainly don't stand up and cheer. I learned how to march like that in 6th grade so it doesn't impress me at all. And how many decades can they play the same music? :rolleyes:

That's the only issue I have, people think this style of marching is harder than the style of band we have. It's acctually a million times easier. "Let's just walk in straight lines!"

EatLeadCommie
10/31/2011, 04:29 PM
Don't know about that but I was never a band nerd so I wouldn't know. I remember being pretty amazed by the aTm band last year in College Station. They have to be pretty well synced up to not run into each other.

budbarrybob
10/31/2011, 08:39 PM
ELC it is much easier to walk in a straight line and turn with a constant duh, da duh, da duh, da duh than to play a song and form curves and circles. I think most people like it the first time, second its ok. After that, meh... Kinda like seeing "Big Tex" at the * State Fair.

fadada1
10/31/2011, 09:00 PM
i learned to march like that at 8+ months old. i put one foot in front of the other... then repeated. it took another month or two before i could reverse directions, but i soon perfected that move as well. i'll be sure to goose-step my way to the head in protest of the visiting team's band playing on our field.

VoiceofReality
10/31/2011, 09:15 PM
A&M band = boring and grossly overrated.

SoonerBacker
10/31/2011, 09:16 PM
I'll probably watch, but the "show" lost it's appeal long ago. Once you've seen it a few times, it gets boring. All of their performances are exactly the same. Yes, different geometric designs, but the same boring music and the same routine of marching from one end of the field to the other.

mobilesteve
10/31/2011, 09:53 PM
Please everyone watch the band it will be
The last time you get to see them! It will
Also make the lines at halftime shorter for me
Thanks!

CrimsonRez
10/31/2011, 09:53 PM
We should bring these guys in right after A@M has their band do its thing. Just to show them what the real thing looks like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dxTBK7jI1s

sooneron
10/31/2011, 11:18 PM
Meh! I'm sorry, I'm not tone deaf- can't stand those gomers. Half are out of tune and the other half aren't playing.

sooneron
10/31/2011, 11:19 PM
Meh! I'm sorry, I'm not tone deaf- can't stand those gomers. Half are out of tune and the other half aren't playing.

I'm talking about the lassie lovers, not the real soldiers above my post...

SoonerPride
10/31/2011, 11:30 PM
I will take the opportunity to get a Chick-Fil-A and a Coke Zero.

I have no interest in seeing them do the same show I've seen 15 times before.

jkjsooner
11/1/2011, 01:06 PM
I've always liked their band. Really the only interesting thing about aTm...I just wish people would understand that our band is good too because people never care to stay and watch them....

Last weeks show was my favorite in a long time. Video game theme show with Zelda, Tetris, Mario, and Halo

Sounds like a cool theme.

The problem I have is that the type of music played at halftime shows just don't work well in a stadium atmosphere. The sound is just too muffled and such.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
11/1/2011, 01:58 PM
Meh, you have seen it once, you have seen it 100 times.

jumperstop
11/1/2011, 02:02 PM
Sounds like a cool theme.

The problem I have is that the type of music played at halftime shows just don't work well in a stadium atmosphere. The sound is just too muffled and such.

This was the first show I've liked in a LONG time, I mean a real long time. I hate when they play either real old music that only the oldies like or the gayest pop music that only the soritie girls and frat guys like. This one was fun and I've been wanting them to do a video game show since texas 08 when texas did one that was badass.

cleller
11/1/2011, 02:10 PM
I like 'em. Talent, hard work, commitment, etc; I can't deny them some applause.

Sooner_Tuf
11/1/2011, 02:46 PM
I'm not even remotely musically inclined and I know less than nothing about music or bands or marching.

But I do enjoy watching the Pride. Which I think is why they put in all the hard work - so we can all enjoy the show.

A&M's band is good too but like has been posted, once you see them you have seen about everything they have to offer. The pretend military thing is about annoying to me. They aren't the US Marine Band by any means.

OU has a wonderful band. We should give it up more often to them than we do.

jumperstop
11/1/2011, 03:08 PM
I'm not even remotely musically inclined and I know less than nothing about music or bands or marching.

But I do enjoy watching the Pride. Which I think is why they put in all the hard work - so we can all enjoy the show.

A&M's band is good too but like has been posted, once you see them you have seen about everything they have to offer. The pretend military thing is about annoying to me. They aren't the US Marine Band by any means.

OU has a wonderful band. We should give it up more often to them than we do.

Their song selection is the worst sometimes...I don't at all want to hear Lady Gaga's "Born this way" or Kati Perry's (Firework)....I would bet 75% or more of the people in the stands agree or don't know either the songs or the artist...

Boomer_Sooner_sax
11/1/2011, 03:25 PM
I have always believed that pop songs tend to not be good marching band songs.

Sooner_Tuf
I'm in the 75 percentile!

C&CDean

Uh, hello Pride of Oklahoma. If I never hear "You're a Grand Old Flag" ever again it'll be one time too many. Talk about meh.

I enjoy the aglet band. More than I enjoy the Pride in the past several years anyhow. I might enjoy the pride - if they weren't all clarinets and flutes who make zero noise. Can't hear a damn thing from my section.

sooneron
11/1/2011, 03:29 PM
Uh, hello Pride of Oklahoma. If I never hear "You're a Grand Old Flag" ever again it'll be one time too many. Talk about meh.

I enjoy the aglet band. More than I enjoy the Pride in the past several years anyhow. I might enjoy the pride - if they weren't all clarinets and flutes who make zero noise. Can't hear a damn thing from my section.

Tern up yer hearin' aid!

C&CDean
11/1/2011, 03:30 PM
eh?

sooneron
11/1/2011, 03:39 PM
See you Sat. :D

StoopTroup
11/1/2011, 06:58 PM
I'm glad they are gone. They have no place in College Football. They and the Stanford Band should be banned. They are an oddity. If A&M wants to bring the Band into the present instead of the past....I have no problem with them. I think they could really do some Ozzie justice if they weren't so damn stuffy.

CowboyMRW
11/1/2011, 07:02 PM
I thought I read somewhere that you don't actually have to have band experience to join the AnM band. Just be able to march and blow the instrument as hard as you can. I'm dead serious when I say this.

47straight
11/1/2011, 08:42 PM

Grand Old Flag.... Tommy.... I really hope no Pride members are on here saying anything about agroid bands playing the same thing over and over.

Soonerfan88
11/1/2011, 08:57 PM
I like 'em. Talent, hard work, commitment, etc; I can't deny them some applause.

Hopefully you do the same for the Pride as they also exhibit talent, hard work, and commitment. Plus they have to deal with Britt.

I absolutely agree about Grand Ole Flag, wish it would be dropped. However, that is part of pregame and I don't know of any school that changes it very often. We don't complain about OKLAHOMA! or Boomer Sooner do we? And no, although a band geek in HS, I was never in the Pride.

SoonerDood
11/1/2011, 09:25 PM
Hopefully you do the same for the Pride as they also exhibit talent, hard work, and commitment. Plus they have to deal with Britt.

I absolutely agree about Grand Ole Flag, wish it would be dropped. However, that is part of pregame and I don't know of any school that changes it very often. We don't complain about OKLAHOMA! or Boomer Sooner do we? And no, although a band geek in HS, I was never in the Pride.

It WAS out of pregame. For 2 games until those damn Hajjis flew some planes into those buildings. Then we put G-O-F back in pregame for 'Merica! One more thing to blame on the terrorists!

StoopTroup
11/1/2011, 10:12 PM
I thought I read somewhere that you don't actually have to have band experience to join the AnM band. Just be able to march and blow the instrument as hard as you can. I'm dead serious when I say this.

No idea but who are we to say differently? If another Aggie comes in here and is an expert at "Blowing hard"....I say what the heck....it's probably right on the money. :D

CowboyMRW
11/1/2011, 10:58 PM
Yall have made it big now.

http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=1961150&forum_id=5

OUTromBoNado
11/1/2011, 11:09 PM
Yall have made it big now.

http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=1961150&forum_id=5

It's funny Superiority Complex-Aggy gets his panties in a wad.

PrideTrombone
11/2/2011, 08:17 AM
Yup. Grand Old Flag was FINALLY gone for several games in 2001, and then Osama went and screwed it all up.

Dio
11/2/2011, 09:33 AM
I might enjoy the pride - if they weren't all clarinets and flutes who make zero noise. Can't hear a damn thing from my section.

Fire Britt?

Boomer_Sooner_sax
11/2/2011, 11:33 AM
Aggies are so cute. Maybe their cheerleaders can dance to the songs their band plays. Oh wait. I have never seen a school with so much hype and tradition and hasn't done sh*t in over 70 years. I can't wait to watch them get killed in the SEC. At least they will still have the band...and cheerleaders. Oh wait.

NormanPride
11/2/2011, 11:46 AM
A&M will be the SEC teams' gay brother that everyone feels awkward around because they are SO GAY.

OUTromBoNado
11/2/2011, 06:01 PM
I have never seen a school with so much hype and tradition and hasn't done sh*t in over 70 years.

Okie State basketball?

allanace16
11/2/2011, 06:21 PM
65-10, 42-14, 36-30, 77-0, 31-10, 51-6

Maybe some of y'all are so entertained by the band cause A&M keeps forgetting to bring a football team to Norman...

(for what it's worth, I appreciate the service that all you band nerds provide to your university of choice. I just came to watch FOOTBALL, so bands, cheerleaders, horsepigs and all that other sh*t doesn't really affect my enjoyment of the game one way or the other. I'll probably just be discussing backups/injuries/recruiting/other games while ya'll are on. That's just me though.)

I Am Right
11/2/2011, 08:28 PM
At halftime, you going to watch?

heh or meh?

Nope, but NOTHING fake about em