PDA

View Full Version : StormChasers last night...

Lott's Bandana
10/31/2011, 02:45 PM
...showed how much editing goes on with that show.

It was pretty comical seeing how the Dominator chose to get back to Norman from Guthrie.

badger
10/31/2011, 02:58 PM
I actually knew one of the guys in that show because he and my brother went to OU at about the same time and actually storm chased together early on.

It is really cool that they made it on TV and have their own Discovery show about storms.

Petro-Sooner
10/31/2011, 03:51 PM
I ran into that guy that always wears the OU shirt at target about a year ago or so. Joel maybe his name? Struck up a conversation about the show. Nice guy.

yermom
10/31/2011, 03:56 PM
how did they get from Guthrie to Norman?

Lott's Bandana
10/31/2011, 04:01 PM
Several ways...starting on I-35 then two lane road with stop signs, shots of Moore then shots of Guthrie...more two lane road, all the while panicking because Joel left his dogs outside while a nader was coming straight at Nompton. They actually never made it before the show ended it seemed.

This was the storm where the tornado was barreling right at the Weather Center, hit the river and hopped over, coming down again in Bethel Acres before crossing I-40 and blowing up that semi.

Boomer.....
10/31/2011, 06:22 PM
Yeah, it was all over the place. They also didn't show the last tornado that was aimed at Norman and went just southeast.