PDA

View Full Version : 11/1: Tuesday night suckfest football

badger
10/31/2011, 11:21 AM
You should probably spend your vCash on OU basketball instead... but yeah, I know what events have been popular on vBookie so far so I'll post this one too.

You have till 6 p.m. Tuesday to vBet.

cccasooner2
11/1/2011, 09:45 PM
Great basketball game. :D

LRoss
11/1/2011, 10:08 PM
Ok, I'll admit I watched this. If we're talking defense, it was the biggest suckfest I've ever seen. This made arena football look defensive-minded, and that's no exaggeration.

But it sure was entertaining. And honestly, Toledo esp. isn't bad if you look at their schedule. Almost beat Ohio St, DID beat Syracuse save for an official screw-up, and blown out by Boise their only other loss.

Speaking of which, this affects OU in that if we need to catch Boise in the computers, the Broncos take a hit with Toledo losing, and to a lesser degree OU gets a (tiny) bump as Kansas beat NIU, helping our opponent's opponent's.

SO -- while not high-profile, this was both hugely entertaining AND had a secondary OU vested interest. If you like college football life was good tonight!

hornswaggled
11/1/2011, 11:15 PM
Toledo would have won if they had just kicked off out of bounds every time.

LRoss
11/1/2011, 11:22 PM
The single best thing that happened to Toledo all game long was the turnover that they got on a kickoff. Sure, the first 2 were returned for td's, and in any other game I'd say that was significant. But the NIU offense scored, what was it, 49 points NOT counting those 2 returns? Toledo did better against the kick team than they did the NIU offense.

hornswaggled
11/2/2011, 02:29 AM
Other than the two KO returns the two teams had similar stats on yardage and 3rd down conversions. Neither team played good enough defense to stop the other. Toledo actually did have better results on KO's than NIU did. The pooch kicks were killing the dogs.

At the end it looked like whoever had the ball last would win. I was thinking Toledo should have let NIU score with 2 1/2 minutes left in the 4th quarter, so they could get the ball back. The differential was 3 points, and they could have possibly won by 4 or tied if they had only gotten the ball back with more time.

LRoss
11/2/2011, 07:25 AM
Yeah, why didn't Toledo take their TO's when NIU had the ball at the end? THere was NO way that NIU was going to run out of time, with all their TO's they were either going to score or give it up on downs (unlikely!). So instead Toledo keeps their TO's in their pocket, ends up using 1 just for good measure after they run out of bounds, and then end the game at what, the 20 or 30? Time for one more play and they can kick the fg, if they had 30-40 seconds left (which was easily possible) they probably score the td and win. I'm happy as punch that they screwed it up, but just made absolutely no sense.

badger
11/2/2011, 08:12 AM
I apologize to Toledo and N. Illinoiz. It was not a suckfest after all :)