PDA

View Full Version : Bob Stoops has CLASS (Sarcasm)

SteelClip49
10/30/2011, 11:11 PM
as said from Kansas State fans.....

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=173&f=2670&t=8171777

8timechamps
10/30/2011, 11:22 PM
They're still butthurt that Stoops left and won.

jumperstop
10/30/2011, 11:25 PM
They sure do whine a lot...

meoveryouxinfinity
10/30/2011, 11:26 PM
Frank Alexander is the farthest thing from a thug and if they think he stepped on their player on accident, they're smoking crack.

olevetonahill
10/30/2011, 11:28 PM
Them folk need em some cheese

8timechamps
10/30/2011, 11:31 PM
They showed the "step" play about 5 times on replay, and I never saw anything that looked like Alexander was trying to hurt Klein. If anything, it looked like Klein grabbed Frank's foot to try and get a call. The only other thing I think they are whining about was the play on our sidelines that was correctly a no call.

KSU fans loved the hell out of Stoops (and BV) while he was there, now most of them "have no use for him". If either one of them took the HC job at KSU, those are the same people that would be ****ting themselves and lined up for an autograph from the coach.

olevetonahill
10/30/2011, 11:45 PM
Frank Alexander is the farthest thing from a thug and if they think he stepped on their player on accident, they're smoking crack.
You mean He did it on purpose? shame on him

boomersooner28
10/31/2011, 08:04 AM
MY EYES

VA Sooner
10/31/2011, 08:13 AM
It was accidental by Frank. When you're that freaking huge and made a great play, hard to tell if the guy is still under you and where.

Let's move on... nothing to see here folks. Next game... Texas A&M.

cleller
10/31/2011, 08:18 AM
The forecast for Manhattan this morning is windy, flat, and dull.

Keller Sooner
10/31/2011, 08:57 AM
It was hard to keep from stepping on Klein. He was laying on his back most of the game. :smile:

cccasooner2
10/31/2011, 09:07 AM
It was hard to keep from stepping on Klein. He was on laying on his back most of the game. :smile:

I think Ryan Broyles said that about linemen, they forget about/don't notice the little guys and step on them, NTTAWWT. :)

Breadburner
10/31/2011, 09:09 AM
They should be pissed at their O-line.....!

toast
10/31/2011, 09:11 AM
I found the lesson on being ironic vs sarcastic very informative.

C&CDean
10/31/2011, 09:17 AM
They're almost as ignorant as some of our "fans" who muck up the board each gameday Saturday in the game threads. Almost.

soonerbrat
10/31/2011, 09:24 AM
I found the lesson on being ironic vs sarcastic very informative.

i was tempted to sign up just to point that out, but someone beat me to it.
and yeah, they are super classy fans. it was fun hearing them chanting 'f**k OU' and watching them throw things at our players.

jk the sooner fan
10/31/2011, 09:29 AM
does Sean McDonough post over there?

stoops the eternal pimp
10/31/2011, 09:32 AM
Once, I would like someone on the broadcast to point out that this is the MO for Stoops since 99..Starters play late whether you like it or not...It's not anything new

NormanPride
10/31/2011, 09:37 AM
Yup, we got burned by taking them out early in '03, and have never done it since then.

Breadburner
10/31/2011, 09:38 AM
They practice hard....To play is one of the rewards.....

Sooners78
10/31/2011, 09:43 AM
There is no way Frank did that on purpose. Bob would have been all over him, and Frank knows it. He obviously pulled up when he realized he had stepped on Klein.

Most of the KSU posters on that thread understand that Stoops is a classy guy and that KSU just needs to get better. It was just a handful who thought otherwise. I've always had respect for the KSU fans that I've met.

nativesooner
10/31/2011, 09:49 AM
They're talking about "class" after throwing things at our bench and chanting "F@&K OU!!" ???

soonerboy_odanorth
10/31/2011, 09:49 AM
They're almost as ignorant as some of our "fans" who muck up the board each gameday Saturday in the game threads. Almost.

Hey! I resemble that remark! :)

Bourbon St Sooner
10/31/2011, 09:51 AM
I thought Tommy Tubberville was classless last week by outscoring us.

jumperstop
10/31/2011, 09:52 AM
Even better....did any of those people see either of those plays on tv. If so it'd be obivious why they didn't call them....
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=173&f=2670&t=8178350

Very aggy to start blaming the refs, for you 40 point beat down...

jumperstop
10/31/2011, 09:55 AM
Even better....did any of those people see either of those plays on tv. If so it'd be obivious why they didn't call them....

They are seriously calling for a suspension....The ****ing qb is ok!! Get over it guys, it was not on purpose, it was a complete accident...

Wishboned
I love this post.

I personally thought Stoops was kind of sticking it to the KState staff when he brought in Blake Bell to score that goal line TD in the first half.

That was the first touchdown of the game.

I guess we should have taken a knee and not scored at all.

C&CDean
Hey! I resemble that remark! :)

No Sir Richard, you do not. I'm talking about the real OU "fans".

You know, the ones who bleed crimson and cream while they're calling our players no-good pieces of ****, worthless scum, and worse? We can't leave out the coach haters as well. And then there's those people who rag/love on/rag/love on after every single play. I will just have to assume these are the people who never darkened a door of a classroom at OU, people who have never played sports, and most certainly people who have miserable existences in their personal lives. What else could explain such aggy-like behavior?

Zin
10/31/2011, 09:56 AM

I've watched it many times. He was stepping over him as the guy decided to roll and his foot got caught up in it. It sucks it happened, but it wasn't intentional.

SoonerinKC
10/31/2011, 10:01 AM
If my memory serves me correct, I think their starters were in just as long against KU.

jumperstop
10/31/2011, 10:02 AM

This is the way I look at it. We are there to play football and have good hard hitting emotion. That was kind of strike three for me. The late hits, the confrontation before the game, the stomp, the lockett shove down all added up to me that OU didn't want to play football they wanted to fight. And we should have fought back. I was actually disappointed that our Oline didn't go ape **** on that guy. I hope dickey crawls so far up their asses for not backing their QB up in a situation like that. It should have cleared our bench. I wanted us to put the crown of our helmet right into Broyels fair catch face mask at full tilt and knock his *** out. I felt like our lack of response showed our lack of emotional investment in the game.

Classy....

TheHumanAlphabet
10/31/2011, 10:21 AM
Manhattan is one place I have never been to in my Big 8 days. From the "homecoming" parade shots in TV, it looks like the town from Animal house set in the 1960s...Time warp? That place looks like a sad place and the fans there are truly a sad lot. As we said a lot in The Pride before the "new regime"... Pi$$ on Purple Pride...

NormanPride
10/31/2011, 10:30 AM
Them complaining about late hits is the pinnacle of irony.

Mississippi Sooner
10/31/2011, 10:37 AM
Manhattan is one place I have never been to in my Big 8 days. From the "homecoming" parade shots in TV, it looks like the town from Animal house set in the 1960s...Time warp? That place looks like a sad place and the fans there are truly a sad lot. As we said a lot in The Pride before the "new regime"... Pi$$ on Purple Pride...

And I was reminded, once again, that I can't believe schools that don't have a tradition of being a powerhouse year in and year out schedule a team like OU as their homecoming game. I always thought that the homecoming game should be scheduled against a team that you should be able to beat so that everyone goes home happy. Instead, they had a homecoming game where Cinderella broke her glass slipper.

CowboyMRW
10/31/2011, 10:58 AM
Is it just me or pretty much anytime loses, the losing team's first response is that, Well at least their coach has class.

Classy is the most overused word on message boards.

jumperstop
10/31/2011, 11:00 AM
Is it just me or pretty much anytime loses, the losing team's first response is that, Well at least their coach has class.

Classy is the most overused word on message boards.

If they lose by a lot, it's never their defense's problem, only classiness of the other coach....

Explodo
10/31/2011, 11:03 AM
Woner if the Wyandotte Wildcat (aka Wussycat) is posting over there. Now that guy was classy!

A flashback to a more gentle time... http://www.shrough.com/sooners/wusscat.html

CowboyMRW
10/31/2011, 11:06 AM
If they lose by a lot, it's never their defense's problem, only classiness of the other coach....

I didn't get upset in '08 when Chris Brown ran that dive for like a 30 yard touchdown. If I did, it was at my defense, and not OU. I'm of the belief that if you don't want the score run up, then do something and stop them. Make tackles in space, and keep everything in front of you.

Wishboned
10/31/2011, 11:11 AM
I thought it was very classy of Bob to let K State take the lead at 17-14 before he unleashed hell on them.

jumperstop
10/31/2011, 11:19 AM
I didn't get upset in '08 when Chris Brown ran that dive for like a 30 yard touchdown. If I did, it was at my defense, and not OU. I'm of the belief that if you don't want the score run up, then do something and stop them. Make tackles in space, and keep everything in front of you.

Agree. I didn't blame usc in that game, because I hope we would have done the same....

3rdgensooner
10/31/2011, 11:23 AM
I thought it was very classy of Bob to let K State take the lead at 17-14 before he unleashed hell on them.He is a classy guy!

Agree. I didn't blame usc in that game, because I hope we would have done the same....That game never happened. :-|

SoonerAtKU
10/31/2011, 11:36 AM
Them complaining about late hits is the pinnacle of irony.

I came in here to post this. Somehow, KSU's defense is consistently coached to attack an opposing QB through the echo of the whistle. This happens no matter who the players are, and who the DC is. The one constant is Grandpa Class up there.

If they'd have been able to get to Jones on Saturday, it would have happened then, too. No sympathy.

OU_Sooners75
10/31/2011, 12:25 PM
The KSU fans haven't like Bob Stoops since he arrived here because he took Bill Snyder's best assistants from him.

Mike Stoops was KSU's defensive coordinator.
Mark Mangino was KSU's offensive coordinator.
Brent Venables was KSU's LB's coach.

I think there may have been one or two more that Bob Stoops hired away from KSU when he came in.

swardboy
10/31/2011, 12:37 PM
And apparently they were glad to leave, *****cats.

picasso
10/31/2011, 01:38 PM
Prior to the game in 2004 they constantly showed highlights of their win against us in Kansas City. Couple that with the skit they did of an Oklahoma hillbilly singing Boomer Sooner and getting blind sided by their mascot at midfield.

Yeah, they are all about class there.

**** them.

Lott's Bandana
10/31/2011, 01:47 PM
Agree. I didn't blame usc in that game, because I hope we would have done the same....

You lost me there.

jumperstop
10/31/2011, 01:52 PM
You lost me there.

Sorry I was trying to empathize with Cowboy there, but we don't have many people "run up the score" on us....I shouldn't have brought up a fictional nonexistant game....

Lott's Bandana
10/31/2011, 02:08 PM
Oh right...

NCAA Football for Xbox.
Or something to that effect.
Got it.

EatLeadCommie
10/31/2011, 02:19 PM
I was just glad that we seemed to out-physical a Bill Snyder team for once. Seems like we're the ones always getting beat up when we play them, whether we win or not.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/31/2011, 02:20 PM
I've watched it many times. He was stepping over him as the guy decided to roll and his foot got caught up in it. It sucks it happened, but it wasn't intentional.

yeah, i said my post wrong.

stoopified
10/31/2011, 02:22 PM
They showed the "step" play about 5 times on replay, and I never saw anything that looked like Alexander was trying to hurt Klein. If anything, it looked like Klein grabbed Frank's foot to try and get a call. The only other thing I think they are whining about was the play on our sidelines that was correctly a no call.

KSU fans loved the hell out of Stoops (and BV) while he was there, now most of them "have no use for him". If either one of them took the HC job at KSU, those are the same people that would be ****ting themselves and lined up for an autograph from the coach.I would call the Mildcat hatred of Stoops and Venables a bad case of DKR syndrome:in that a former beloved coach or in this case coaches ,own them.Given a longtime sufferer of DKR syndrome ,I recognize it in others.

SoonerDood
10/31/2011, 02:56 PM
I've always thought it was sporting of Gundy to call a timeout and allow us to run that play.

jumperstop
10/31/2011, 04:06 PM
They didn't take kindly to me over there.....

too soon?

Landthief 1972
10/31/2011, 04:19 PM
I nearly wet my self laughing so hard when one of those idiots said Alexander was "lucky" the the mildkat fan hadn't come down out of the stands and kicked his ***. Puh-leeze.

They should have let go of Klein and let his cornfed *** go tumbling into the metal bleachers and break a leg.

jumperstop
10/31/2011, 04:24 PM
They are probably the most unreasonable fan base I have ever talked to. There was one nice person over there, all the rest were probably still too butt hurt about saturday to think rationally.

SoonerLaw09
10/31/2011, 04:42 PM

Yeah, I have to check in with the game thread every week to remind myself that our team sucks, our coaches suck, EVERYBODY sucks. :rolleyes:

70sooner
10/31/2011, 05:26 PM
OK, so just who is classless???

Pregame antics inspired Sooners: Oklahoma ran onto the field at Bill Snyder Family Stadium just before Kansas State did Saturday. As is the Sooners' custom, they jogged the length of the field to the opposite end zone, where many gathered on a knee in prayer.

The problem is, the Wildcats also ran the length of the field and congregated where the Sooners already were.

A mass of purple and white jerseys intertwined. While there didn't appear to be anything beyond pushing and shouting, the scene apparently inspired the visitors.

"I feel like they were trying to disrespect us a little bit, getting in our face a little, saying 'you guys aren't nothin','" said OU running back Roy Finch.

"I saw some of our guys down there and I ran down there," said fullback Trey Millard. "We were just getting excited to play a football game."

"We just wanted to use that as fuel," said Finch. "We did, and we came out and executed."

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20111031_92_B8_bOUAMt489131

BigTime1
11/1/2011, 09:19 AM
Stoops is as classy as it comes, so is Venables. As well, the behavior (taunting fans, profanity) of the Sooner team was in keeping with the most probationized team in Big 8-12 history.( per kstate mboard)

I like this one. I wish I had a login so I could tell them if they wouldnt recruit such nice guys maybe theyd keep from getting their asses handed to them like they did this weekend so often. --------------------I like good kids as much as anybody but to me youve got to have some attitude and a little swagger within the group although with limitations.

Personally I like to see what happened before the game...at that point I knew it was about to be a whoopin. Remember the texas game? same thing before it = same result.

sooner518
11/1/2011, 01:14 PM
You and all your Oklahoma heathens can go straight to hell for all I care. If our coaching staff had any balls they would have called a hit out on Jones.

This is funny. Did they even come close to touching Landry the entire game? Our O-line completely dominated their front 4. I dont even think they could have gotten a cheapshot on Landry if theyd wanted to.

Why are there no videos of this "stepping" play? (every request on their site, they just respond with "go to kstatesports.tv". havent seen any pictures of replays of the play other than what was showed on TV). When I saw it live, it seemed pretty obvious that Frank stood up, lifted his leg to do like a little dance and came down on Klein, and pretty immediately lifted up and hopped away when he realized what happenned. And was Klein even hurt by it? He didnt look very hurt in the game until a little later when Ronnell drove his *** into the turf. He got up kinda slowly after that one.

The Corey Nelson "hit" out of bounds was weak as well. He basically gave him a little shove as he was about to go out, and then tried to hold him up the rest of the way while Klein seemed to make a bee-line for the bench so he could fall over it.

The Kellen Jones tackle on the kickoff was an absolute joke. On replay, there was absolutely nothing there after the play.

the RJ Washingtno tackle out of bounds should have been called, but it wasnt nasty or anything. he just kinda grabbed him from behind and rode him out of bounds. Thought they shoulda called that one.

It seems like a lot of these fans got wrapped up in the emotion of the game and all the fans going ape**** around them and made up their minds that we took cheapshots. then they got home, watched the replay and realized that reality didnt really jive with what they were remembering from the game. but they were already pissed from the game and they werent gonna change their minds now about it.

jumperstop
11/1/2011, 01:41 PM
This is funny. Did they even come close to touching Landry the entire game? Our O-line completely dominated their front 4. I dont even think they could have gotten a cheapshot on Landry if theyd wanted to.

Why are there no videos of this "stepping" play? (every request on their site, they just respond with "go to kstatesports.tv". havent seen any pictures of replays of the play other than what was showed on TV). When I saw it live, it seemed pretty obvious that Frank stood up, lifted his leg to do like a little dance and came down on Klein, and pretty immediately lifted up and hopped away when he realized what happenned. And was Klein even hurt by it? He didnt look very hurt in the game until a little later when Ronnell drove his *** into the turf. He got up kinda slowly after that one.

The Corey Nelson "hit" out of bounds was weak as well. He basically gave him a little shove as he was about to go out, and then tried to hold him up the rest of the way while Klein seemed to make a bee-line for the bench so he could fall over it.

The Kellen Jones tackle on the kickoff was an absolute joke. On replay, there was absolutely nothing there after the play.

the RJ Washingtno tackle out of bounds should have been called, but it wasnt nasty or anything. he just kinda grabbed him from behind and rode him out of bounds. Thought they shoulda called that one.

It seems like a lot of these fans got wrapped up in the emotion of the game and all the fans going ape**** around them and made up their minds that we took cheapshots. then they got home, watched the replay and realized that reality didnt really jive with what they were remembering from the game. but they were already pissed from the game and they werent gonna change their minds now about it.

Exactly! I tried going over there and talking some sense into them and seeing what about any of those plays they are pissed about. Some maybe should have been flags but they are acting like they were all malicious. Don't try and tell them otherwise though. I just thought it was dumb when I start calling out people for literally wishing one of their players would have 'knock off broyles head' on a faircatch punt return....talk about classiness...

sooner59
11/1/2011, 01:41 PM
Once, I would like someone on the broadcast to point out that this is the MO for Stoops since 99..Starters play late whether you like it or not...It's not anything new

True. And what would happen if we took our starters out, especially defense, halfway through the 3rd qtr every week, then had to go wire to wire with someone and possibly into OT? They would be more than gassed. If you are blowing a team out, there is nothing wrong with rotating a few young ones in and leaving a bunch of starters out there until the 4th qtr. Then earlier on in the 4th, maybe take out some offensive starters. Then half way through the 4th or so, take out defensive starters. However, if you have starters that are still pretty young and need as much game experience as possible to help them improve and learn the game better, nothing wrong with leaving them in the whole game, IMO. There is more to the "pulling the starters" dynamic than just running up the score or not.

Soonerjeepman
11/1/2011, 02:04 PM
hey Manhattan isn't FLAT...(way early post) I take the jeep there and go wheeling...great place up by the lake...

but my story...as we were leaving this fan kept saying.."we know where you got your coach from"...we responded "Florida?"..."Iowa?"...he wouldn't let it go...LOL..

I know they were horribly pissed when Bob took the 3 from their staff...but man can ya blame the guys from leaving?

Most of my buddies honestly thought OU would win...and since we lost to TT they knew OU would be PO'd...ah well BOOMER SOONER!

fossil
11/1/2011, 07:40 PM
They sure do whine a lot...

Seems some KSU fans have BMW. Bitch, moan, whine!!!

olevetonahill
11/1/2011, 07:48 PM
Why in the Holy Hell would ANY one go to an Opposing fans site , AFTER a Butt raping and try to talk sense to em ?
Not sure who is the most ignorant here.

OUTromBoNado
11/1/2011, 11:35 PM
Some of my worst experiences with opposing fans when I was in the Pride involved K-State fans. At the CCG in 2000, I spent the whole game being pelted by food and beer (sometimes full cans) being thrown on us by KSU fans from the deck above us.

Screw 'em