PDA

View Full Version : Scott Wolf

Vegas Sooner
10/30/2011, 07:39 PM
Keep typing and stop talking.... Wear a collared shirt in an aired interview.... Keep voting for Boise State because they beat OU years ago.... The win against Georgia makes them #1???..... OK???? PLLLLL

Total loser.

jumperstop
10/30/2011, 07:41 PM
I think he might seriously be special needs...

Caboose
10/30/2011, 07:44 PM
He looked extremely uncomfortable attempting to defend his actions.

tulsaoilerfan
10/30/2011, 07:44 PM
He just wants the publicity which he is getting

8timechamps
10/30/2011, 07:46 PM
In the future, maybe he just should stick to newspaper stories.

Hot Rod
10/30/2011, 07:59 PM
Lol @ bowl wins meaning anything for a team's performance this year.

Nevada shows how tough a conference can be?!!! Haha

Fraggle145
10/30/2011, 08:08 PM
link?

bullnoob
10/30/2011, 08:12 PM
No link but turn on the BCS show on ESPNU right now and he'll be on ~8:20 pm central. (assuming the BCS show on ESPNU is the same as the show on ESPN an hour ago)

stoops the eternal pimp
10/30/2011, 08:14 PM
Anybody ask him about him refusing to vote OU #1 at anytime during the 2000 season because "if they ever play Florida State, they won't stand a chance."

dennis580
10/30/2011, 08:18 PM
The problem I had with Scott Wolf is that he could NOT at all defend his vote of Boise St at #1. If he said that he thought Boise St. was the most talented team in the country then I could have accepted it, but he done the excate opposite. He instead made it sound like he was just voting Boise #1 out of sympathy, and to be different from everybody else.

jellyfish
10/30/2011, 08:20 PM
b/c Georgia is such a dominant team. That was such a bad interview. Kirk slammed his argument too.

Vegas Sooner
10/30/2011, 09:13 PM
He is a Fat ....Ventriloquist!!!!

8timechamps
10/30/2011, 09:31 PM
The problem I had with Scott Wolf is that he could NOT at all defend his vote of Boise St at #1. If he said that he thought Boise St. was the most talented team in the country then I could have accepted it, but he done the excate opposite. He instead made it sound like he was just voting Boise #1 out of sympathy, and to be different from everybody else.

He didn't just make it sound that way, that's what he said: "I don't think we should all vote for the same team"....WTF? It's college football rankings, not a choice about what movie to watch at a sleepover!

Vegas Sooner
10/30/2011, 09:39 PM
He didn't just make it sound that way, that's what he said: "I don't think we should all vote for the same team"....WTF? It's college football rankings, not a choice about what movie to watch at a sleepover!

Totally agree. Its 2011, not 2007. Did he realize he has a job to do as a journalist? Can't wait for everyone to pick him apart tomorrow. If that #1 doesn't go to LSU or Bama next week, than he needs to work for national enquirer.

SoonerAtKU
10/31/2011, 10:28 AM
He does have a job to do as a journalist. That job is to drive sales and page views. The days of journalistic integrity died as soon as the news industry started struggling to make ends meet.

jumperstop
10/31/2011, 11:43 AM
My favorite part was Herbie saying something like, "What does them beating Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl five years ago have to do with anything from this year?" Everyone on there was just mocking him the entire time. Segments like this make me think this is why we will easily pass BSU in the standings...

yermom
10/31/2011, 11:46 AM
we have a ways to go in the computers to catch Boise though. i guess we should gain ground with SOS as the season goes on

jumperstop
10/31/2011, 11:50 AM
we have a ways to go in the computers to catch Boise though. i guess we should gain ground with SOS as the season goes on

And once votes from lsu/bama, osu, standford start flying our way we'll be fine. I wonder how far behind them we are SoS by itself.....

pac10SUX
10/31/2011, 01:34 PM
I reckon this is why the BCS doesn't use the AP poll in their formula. As I was listening to this a$$hat, I thought "This guy really trivializes the AP as a legitimate poll".

SilverSooner
11/1/2011, 02:27 AM
That guy was a dild0. I just watched that on the dvr. What was wrong with his mouth? He looked like Will when he did Harry Caray. Did he know College last 4-5 years for athletes? Boise State beat Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl? Journalism is becoming junk.

WileyCoyote
11/1/2011, 05:45 AM
He does have a job to do as a journalist. That job is to drive sales and page views. The days of journalistic integrity died as soon as the news industry started struggling to make ends meet.

^^ Yup...it's a form of self preservation. Unread journalists don't last long. Reader ambivalence towards columns is a death sentence.

LRoss
11/1/2011, 08:45 AM
So I suppose I might get negged for this, but:

I haven't seen this interview and don't know the person. From this thread it seems like the guy's a little bit out there and I'd for sure disagree with what I see on here.

But that said, it's a poll. It's people's opinions. Can anybody tell him how to vote? Isn't that the beauty and value of a poll, is that it's subjective opinion? What kind of a "poll" is it when people are told that their ballots are wrong or bad? It seems like I see this a lot. The purpose of a poll isn't to reach a consensus where everybody votes the same, it's to compile a cross-section of opinions. This guy's one. As mentioned, it's subjective, which is the point and why it's balanced by the objective computers (I know the AP isn't a part of the BCS). Also, it's a compilation of many ballots, so if a few people have some real anomalies, they have very little say individually if there DOES happen to be a general consensus.

Bottom line -- telling somebody what their ballot ought to look like and making poll voting into a formulaic science removes the subjective human element, which is precisely the point of human polls. If this guy's going rogue and voting in ways which we would see as unjustifiable, by himself he doesn't have enough power to be a factor anyway.

SoonerAtKU
11/1/2011, 08:58 AM
Nobody is telling this guy what his ballot should look like. He's a habitual outlier, and his stuff makes news every year at one point or another because he's got some team insanely high or low. He does it for attention, and then he gets asked questions just like he wants. Reece Davis was pretty clearly disgusted with the guy, but he refrained from telling him what his ballot should look like. He did his job and asked what his rating system looked like, and whether he did analysis or just went by what he felt.

Props to Reece for being professional, because it looked like he wanted to poop in the guy's mouth on camera.

Sco
11/1/2011, 12:15 PM

Nah, Boise's SOS is going to hold them back. If we win out, we'll pass them. Computers love our conference this year.

yermom
11/1/2011, 12:22 PM
i'm just saying the numbers right now have a big gap between us

LRoss
11/1/2011, 02:01 PM
We're actually ahead of Boise in one computer already. In 3 others we're directly behind them, in the remaining two Stanford is between us. Meaning if Stanford were to fall, that gap would shrink substantially as a side effect.

Btw, we all know it's true that computers love our conference. But check this out -- of our entire schedule, the lowest computer ranked team is Ball St at 72. Without checking through every single school, I'd be surprised if anybody else could claim that.

Also, I just find it fascinating that game like Iowa St. over Iowa, Baylor over TCU, KState over Miami, etc. give us an advantage. Not that it's right or wrong, just fascinating to me.

yermom
11/1/2011, 02:10 PM
well, you have to take games like that into account.

there should be a numerical difference between beating a 10-1 team from the WAC vs. a 10-1 team from the SEC

LRoss
11/1/2011, 02:26 PM
Of course I understand, I just think it's fascinating.

If Stanford had lost, not only would we have obviously jumped them, but would have closed in on Boise considerably, despite that neither of us were in any direct way involved. I think it's interesting.

We happened to schedule BSU this year instead of, say, Troy, who Arkansas played. Obviously either one of OU or Arkansas would whoop up on either of these teams, but we end up with an edge because the patsy that we scheduled a few years back happens to be having a better year than the patsy that they scheduled. Again, of course I understand and I'm not saying it's wrong, I just think it's fascinating.

Honestly, for as much as a lot of people complain about the BCS being too complicated, that's part of what makes college football interesting to me, at least when OU's a contender. I pay attention to and cheer for, for instance, Ball St to win and Toledo to lose so that we can edge Boise. It's crazy, but it's fascinating.

(actually bad example, because Boise plays Ball St later, so substitute FSU if you like)

WestAustinSooner
11/1/2011, 03:18 PM
So what they should have asked him was, "If you voted WVU number one partially because they beat Oklahoma five years ago, then how does the loss to NEVADA last year factor into your vote?

SoonerFanInAustin
11/1/2011, 07:02 PM
Here is a link in which you can see how all the AP voters voted. To a certain degree it doesn't matter, because they have no say on who plays in the BCS game, but if you like to check out things, it is a good link.

http://www.pollspeak.com/Football-News/index.php?option=com_psreport&task=singleteamr&Itemid=36&t1=49

birddog
11/1/2011, 08:23 PM
is this the same dude from part of five? i, uh, never actually saw it but i did watch the movie Go. he played a gay feller in it. good movie though

SoonerAtKU
11/2/2011, 08:37 AM
So what they should have asked him was, "If you voted WVU number one partially because they beat Oklahoma five years ago, then how does the loss to NEVADA last year factor into your vote?

They did actually ask him that. His response was that it justifies his ranking based on the conference not being as weak as everyone assumed. It's circular logic to justify a conclusion he's already reached, and that was pretty clear.

Mississippi Sooner
11/2/2011, 08:44 AM
Here is a link in which you can see how all the AP voters voted. To a certain degree it doesn't matter, because they have no say on who plays in the BCS game, but if you like to check out things, it is a good link.

http://www.pollspeak.com/Football-News/index.php?option=com_psreport&task=singleteamr&Itemid=36&t1=49

What jumps out to me there is the Craig James ballot. He has the Sooners at number 5 and Boise all the way down at 8.