PDA

View Full Version : I have to give props to Bill Snyder

stoops the eternal pimp
10/30/2011, 03:41 PM
I'll be honest, I've never been as big of a Snyder fan as a lot of others...Going back and looking at the conference at the time he started, it was amazing that he turned that program around but basically a 3rd of the conference was in trouble for something and he took advantage of it.

I have to give it up to the guy for managing to win 7 games so far with this football team..Across the board, there is a serious lack of talent on that football team, but he found a way until Saturday..Watching it, they are no more talented than Iowa St...Even if they don't win another game, 7 wins is pretty impressive considering..

picasso
10/30/2011, 03:43 PM
You should sit in his lap and give him a kiss.

Lott's Bandana
10/30/2011, 03:45 PM
It was getting pretty funny when they couldn't get a play called and the announcer said the kitteh fans were getting used to it.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/30/2011, 03:58 PM
You should sit in his lap and give him a kiss.

You should draw him a picture of a stick man with a boner with the caption "Remember when"..

101sooner
10/30/2011, 04:03 PM
Ignore from 5:50 on to the 8:27 mark if you are still upset about '03.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u_mmbfbpME&feature=related

En_Fuego
10/30/2011, 04:10 PM
I've always liked him. He seems like the mad scientist of college football. He sure know's how to get the most out of his players. I thought it was pretty classy to walk up and give an injured Dom a pat. You don't see many coaches do that.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/30/2011, 04:18 PM
Yeah I saw that to and was a little surprised.

picasso
10/30/2011, 06:34 PM
I've always liked him. He seems like the mad scientist of college football. He sure know's how to get the most out of his players. I thought it was pretty classy to walk up and give an injured Dom a pat. You don't see many coaches do that.
More like a Mr. Rogers.

StoopTroup
10/30/2011, 07:17 PM
Nobody likes to push Grandpa down a flight of stairs. To get his Players ready for a game I heard they have a fake doll that looks like him and they have a opposition fan trip him up at the top of the stairs before they go onto the field.

starclassic tama
10/31/2011, 12:51 AM
if there is one thing the guy can do that's get the most out of his players on a week to week basis. from my estimation, they basically have two guys on offense with any discernible talent. the quarterback is a good runner for a big guy, and lockett is fast but he is really raw.

btb916
10/31/2011, 12:58 AM
I'll be honest, I've never been as big of a Snyder fan as a lot of others...Going back and looking at the conference at the time he started, it was amazing that he turned that program around but basically a 3rd of the conference was in trouble for something and he took advantage of it.

I have to give it up to the guy for managing to win 7 games so far with this football team..Across the board, there is a serious lack of talent on that football team, but he found a way until Saturday..Watching it, they are no more talented than Iowa St...Even if they don't win another game, 7 wins is pretty impressive considering..

I don't understand your criticism of him...it sounds to me like those guys who say Phil Jackson isn't the greatest NBA coach of all time because he has had three of the best players ever on his teams...a guy can only coach against the opponents in his conference, and Snyder has done a good job of that...at a school that was absolutely horrendous before he arrived no less...I know you're giving him props in this thread, but he has been very good for a long time...guy has a dang stadium named after him for goodness' sake. Only two ways to get that...buy it, or earn it. Synder earned it.

8timechamps
10/31/2011, 01:38 AM
Bill Snyder has worked miracles in Manhattan. The announcers mentioned that KSU was the worst team in all of D1 prior to his arrival, which brought back memories of my youth. KSU was always the Big XII whipping boy, and I remember one year in particular, when KSU (winless) played KU (also winless) in the last game of the year, and it ended in a tie. That was funny.

Snyder has worked the JuCo system better than any other coach in the land, and seems to run a clean program. Not to mention he churned out a couple of coaches I happen to really like.

When Whaley went down, I thought it was a real class move for Coach Snyder to walk over and check on him. You never see that in football.

Now, if only the fans were reflective of their coach.

hawaii 5-0
10/31/2011, 01:45 AM
There's a reason they named their stadium after him and his family.

No, it isn't cause his daughter's hawt and doesn't look at all like him.

5-0

Statalyzer
10/31/2011, 01:48 AM
Interesting, I've always encountered pretty good KSU fans.

Synder is IMO the most underrated coach in the country? I don't know if he could translate it over to dominating at a big-time program, but nobody can do everything. Turning a team that was something like .340 all time into a big 8/12 contender for over a decade with a couple of years in the National Title hunt is pretty incredible.

KSU was always the Big XII whipping boy, and I remember one year in particular, when KSU (winless) played KU (also winless) in the last game of the year, and it ended in a tie. That was funny.

That is funny, I had no heard of that before.

8timechamps
10/31/2011, 02:35 AM
That is funny, I had no heard of that before.

It was 1987, and I was mistaken, KU had one win. KSU had none, and they tied. Good times.

Vegas Sooner
10/31/2011, 02:51 AM
b/c he had that dumb pinocchio story? ESPoN could have saved som kid from a disease with the 3-4k, but they gave it to some rAtard to carve a puppet. For a 5 minute segment. ABC/ESPN is looking out for YOU!!

Okie35
10/31/2011, 03:42 AM
There's a reason they named their stadium after him and his family.

No, it isn't cause his daughter's hawt and doesn't look at all like him.

5-0

His daughter was wild used to throw parties at their house and memorabilia used to get broken.