PDA

View Full Version : This Saturday,

oudavid1
10/30/2011, 01:06 PM
Will be the first OU home game that I was not in attendance during the Stoops era. (With the exception of '99 OSU game).

My streak will end at 70 consecutive games in Norman, 11 years. Last time I was not in Norman for a game was when I was 8 years old.

This is due to the fact that Central Oklahoma (where I attend school) hosts Northeastern State at 2pm Saturday. And I of course have a job working for coaches there.

Just wanted to share this with you. Would like to hear from others about there game attendance history.

66sooner
10/30/2011, 01:33 PM
Well thats impressive, sucks it ends that way. I started in 98` and have not missed to this point, I have also attended every bowl game since Bob has been here.

BigTip
10/30/2011, 01:58 PM
Will be the first OU home game that I was not in attendance during the Stoops era. (With the exception of '99 OSU game).

My streak will end at 70 consecutive games in Norman, 11 years. Last time I was not in Norman for a game was when I was 8 years old.

This is due to the fact that Central Oklahoma (where I attend school) hosts Northeastern State at 2pm Saturday. And I of course have a job working for coaches there.

Just wanted to share this with you. Would like to hear from others about there game attendance history.

First we lose the home winning streak, and now this?

It's just too much to handle right now.

lol.
So how do you feel about giving up your impressive personal streak?

yermom
10/30/2011, 02:01 PM
this past week i was looking really hard at jobs that might take up Saturdays, but Thursday i interviewed for and accepted a job that shouldn't get in the way. it's a better job anyway...

i was considering not making the KSU game for a while last week

i've been to every home game starting with UNC in 2001. i've been pretty lucky, i've only had like a couple of minor colds on gameday, and worked overnight before the BGSU game in 2004, but that's the closest i've been to missing a game in Norman

since then i've been to all the Texas, CCGs and bowl games except CU in Houston and the Rose Bowl in 2002

if anything seems worthwhile to break a streak like that, it's working a game with another coaching staff...

owenfieldreams
10/30/2011, 03:29 PM
I have a close friend who did not miss an OU home or away game from the start of the 1988 season through the entire 1999 season. His string was finally broken when he missed the Independence Bowl game with Ole Miss.

If you think about it, the streak itself is impressive but the timing of it is even more so. He saw some bad OU football over that 12 year span.

rekamrettuB
10/30/2011, 03:29 PM
David jumps off the bandwagon after 1 loss.

Phil
10/30/2011, 03:44 PM
lol.

You guys are funny. "Impressive personal streak.". I laughed, I cried, I hurled.

CBUS_SOONER
10/30/2011, 04:15 PM
my record of OU home games is still at one in a row

hawaii 5-0
10/30/2011, 04:20 PM
Sad to say but records are made to be broken.

I'm ready to see the 'Sooners Don't Win Number 8' record get broken.

5-0

TexasEx4OU
10/30/2011, 04:24 PM
So, I'm not around here enough to have a complete understanding of board protocol, but are we supposed to tweet game updates to David on Saturday? Thanks in advance for your help.

yankee
10/30/2011, 04:35 PM
WE'RE DOOMED!!!11

Sco
10/30/2011, 07:48 PM
my record of OU home games is still at one in a row

Consecutively?

StoopTroup
10/30/2011, 07:50 PM
Seeing David end his streak because he got a job. Didn't see that coming.

StoopTroup
10/30/2011, 07:51 PM

LMAO

oudavid1
10/30/2011, 08:47 PM
Well thats impressive, sucks it ends that way. I started in 98` and have not missed to this point, I have also attended every bowl game since Bob has been here.

Impressive is not missing bowl games

First we lose the home winning streak, and now this?

It's just too much to handle right now.

lol.

I dont feel its impressive.

Hahahahahaha

So, I'm not around here enough to have a complete understanding of board protocol, but are we supposed to tweet game updates to David on Saturday? Thanks in advance for your help.

What the hell is twitter? [/Dean]

Seeing David end his streak because he got a job. Didn't see that coming.

Hater!

Had a job along time. But I finally found one more important than football......football.

OUHOMER
10/30/2011, 08:55 PM
been to every home game since 1993 except one. My son screwed me and got married during the Airforce game last year

8timechamps
10/30/2011, 09:43 PM
been to every home game since 1993 except one. My son screwed me and got married during the Airforce game last year

What?! How dare someone plan a wedding during the season! No wonder we struggled.

Frozen Sooner
10/30/2011, 09:47 PM
You guys are funny. "Impressive personal streak.". I laughed, I cried, I hurled.

Heh. I've gone to two away games in four years and had a drink with Phil at both of them.