PDA

View Full Version : OU vs. A&M should be at 2:30 as LSU-Alabama is at 7:00 pm

OUInformant
10/30/2011, 11:13 AM
This is my petition. We (OU) play better in the morning / afternoon anyways.

Lott's Bandana
10/30/2011, 11:26 AM
I'm not sure I buy that logic.

Somebody has to play opposite that game and since aggy is the other game they are choosing from, they might want to put them in the 2:30 so they have two "marquee" games. Sadly, this is what happens when we lose.

nighttrain12
10/30/2011, 11:43 AM
Yes, the OSU game is the abc/espn game in our viewing area in addition to the OU game.

rekamrettuB
10/30/2011, 11:46 AM
It's going to be hard for me to not watch the LSU/Bammer game if it's opposite the OU game. I hate to say it. I will probably put one on the DirecTV downplay and flip back and forth trying to watch both.

SoonerLaw09
10/30/2011, 11:59 AM
If we're on ESPN would the kickoff be earlier, at like 6 or 6:30? If we stomp a mudhole in aggy then I could flip over to the Bammer game 2nd half.

delhalew
10/30/2011, 12:11 PM
Just dvr Bama/lsu for later.

BoulderSooner79
10/30/2011, 12:17 PM
I can see aTm being a real battle. They have a talented team and have lost to 2 very good teams plus 1 decent team after holding 10+ point leads. If they put it all together, they would be very dangerous - they have the potential. I just hope it is televised out here on the left coast.

SoonerShark
10/30/2011, 12:27 PM
I am tired of not knowing what time the game is on until so late. I want to see Dwight Yoakam that night but did not buy tickets due to not knowing when the game would be shown. Now it is six days before kick-off and we still do not know the game time.

SoonerStud615
10/30/2011, 12:41 PM
2:30 PM on ABC, per SoonerSports.

FirstandGoal
10/30/2011, 12:46 PM

:triumphant:

Lott's Bandana
10/30/2011, 12:52 PM

Not seeing that anywhere. Still says TBA.

Linky?

SoonerMom2
10/30/2011, 01:29 PM
Kenny Mossman announced on Twitter the game will be at 2:30!

JLEW1818
10/30/2011, 04:47 PM
http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/okla-m-footbl-sched.html

2:30 ABC done deal

aurorasooner
10/30/2011, 05:17 PM
It's up on the TV schedule. Looks like it's going to be regional. http://www.lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm They show Purdue/Wisky on ABC/ESPN2, so I guess it'll be reverse-mirrored, with OU/aTm and Stanford/Oregon State only on ABC regional coverage & outside the area on the 'net or GP. I don't see any listings for the ESPN 2:30 slot, so I guess they're showing the car races instead of reverse-mirroring the Stanford and OU games. crap.
Purdue at Wisconsin 2:30 p.m. (ABC / ESPN2) (HD) *7 / espn3
Stanford at Oregon State 2:30 p.m. ABC / ESPN-GP / espn3
Texas A&M at Oklahoma 2:30 p.m. ABC / ESPN-GP / espn3

Sooner95
10/31/2011, 06:17 AM
Cool, 2:30PM CST

looks like an ESPN/ABC mirror game perhaps? Have to see what the 506 says on Weds.

rekamrettuB
10/31/2011, 09:17 AM
I'm surprised other games are scheduled during the LSU/Bammer time slot. Rumor has it they are just calling the entire college football season after the game anyway.

arcman46
10/31/2011, 09:48 AM
I'm surprised other games are scheduled during the LSU/Bammer time slot. Rumor has it they are just calling the entire college football season after the game anyway.

It is, after all, THE DEFACTO NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.

Mississippi Sooner
11/3/2011, 04:09 PM
Just in case anyone was wondering what this week's coverage map looked like. Pac-12 country gets the Beavers and the Trees (heh), Big 10 country gets Purdue-Wisky and the rest of us get the best game.

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2011/1102/11105_330_2.jpg

edit: The folks who get the Big 10 game on ABC do get the OU game on ESPN2.

BoulderSooner79
11/3/2011, 04:23 PM
Why is it funny that the west coast is showing OSU (Beavs)? Do'h! What is ESPN GamePlan? I assume it's something I don't have, so I'll be watching on the computer again. The ESPN3 streaming is pretty good during the game, but it locked up my PC a couple of times during the commercials. Especially that Capitol One, Viking series. I missed Tech going for it on 4th down as I rebooted.

Mississippi Sooner
11/3/2011, 04:29 PM
Why is it funny that the west coast is showing OSU (Beavs)? Do'h! What is ESPN GamePlan? I assume it's something I don't have, so I'll be watching on the computer again. The ESPN3 streaming is pretty good during the game, but it locked up my PC a couple of times during the commercials. Especially that Capitol One, Viking series. I missed Tech going for it on 4th down as I rebooted.

Oh, I didn't think it was funny that the west is getting that game. I had just never realized that it was Beavers vs Trees. Out in nature, that's a pretty one-sided affair.

8timechamps
11/3/2011, 05:47 PM

WHY in the world would ESPN give 1/3 of the country the Oregon State/Stanford game?! Being in Colorado, I don't care about either of those teams, especially when one of the worst teams in the country is playing one of the best. I know it's all about the PAC12 territory, but it still sucks.

Guess it's ESPN3 on the Xbox again.

aurorasooner
11/3/2011, 09:27 PM
They're showing freakin' horse racing on their main channel in the afternoon slot. Now I like horse racing, but save it for the spring & summer when CFB isn't on. You pay more for this channel than any other cable or sat channel & they still want more $$ from CFB fans. I also subscribe to the sports' tier channels which include their news channel & their classic channel (which both are basically worthless since they've moved all their CFB programming to the U).
The mouse really doesn't GAS about their OTA local ABC affiliates. which most of them in major metro areas have sub-channels showing crap like constant weather or constant music which they could use to show all the games for one 3 hour period a week, if they really wanted to. He**, if they did that I'd even watch their commercial, instead of using the remote (as long as it not that ridiculous scam "is your computer running slowly, does it take more than 3 secs for your e-mail to load) No wonder CFB fans hate them.